We just got back from Dreams La Romana. It was our third time in Dominican Republic, we do travel often. After 3 days there, I became extremely ill...I waited a couple days to see the doctor thinking i had some basic food poisoning but it was much worse, I saw the doctor, required strong antibiotics for a severe gastroenteritis. My mother and my 5 year old son also got sick from eating the food at the resort.
They have a doctor on site but our vacation was ruined. I must be honest this is the worst food i ate in a resort.
Also we were constantly nagged by the vendors (even more when it was just my husband and myself walking around the resort) and a simple "no thank you" often wasn't enough. This really put a damper on the whole experience.
We stayed in building 4 and had a nice room compared to my parents that stayed in building 3 (theirs wasn't renovated, they had an old TV and old uncomfortable mattress). Beware that you will not be able to sleep until the show is over, also the walls are paper thin so you will be woken up several times at night and in the early morning when the cleaning ladies sing/yell/talk in the halls.
The PROS : we had the best frozen coffee drinks at coco cafe and the pools are quite nice. My son also had a great time at the kids club.
However we will most likely never go back there. The Iberostar resorts are much better and we should have got back there !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe