We just got back from Dreams La Romana. It was our third time in Dominican Republic, we do travel often. After 3 days there, I became extremely ill...I waited a couple days to see the doctor thinking i had some basic food poisoning but it was much worse, I saw the doctor, required strong antibiotics for a severe gastroenteritis. My mother and my 5 year old son also got sick from eating the food at the resort.
They have a doctor on site but our vacation was ruined. I must be honest this is the worst food i ate in a resort.
Also we were constantly nagged by the vendors (even more when it was just my husband and myself walking around the resort) and a simple "no thank you" often wasn't enough. This really put a damper on the whole experience.
We stayed in building 4 and had a nice room compared to my parents that stayed in building 3 (theirs wasn't renovated, they had an old TV and old uncomfortable mattress). Beware that you will not be able to sleep until the show is over, also the walls are paper thin so you will be woken up several times at night and in the early morning when the cleaning ladies sing/yell/talk in the halls.
The PROS : we had the best frozen coffee drinks at coco cafe and the pools are quite nice. My son also had a great time at the kids club.
However we will most likely never go back there. The Iberostar resorts are much better and we should have got back there !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe