The visit started with a wait for our room and then a 45 minute wait for our baggage to be delivered. Next, while we were waiting we tried to find out about internet service. We were paying roughly $400 a day but the hotel has an outside provider that charged $25 for enough wireless for a 4 day stay. The problem is you can only use it on one device at a time. So you and your spouse cannot use the internet simultaneously.
Overall hotel service was spotty throughout the stay. The bartenders were friendly and generous but this was offset by poor service almost everywhere else. The worst is the constant barrage of "greeters" who accost you constantly asking to attend an orientation/anniversary celebration where they will try to sell you more Dreams products. The "concierge" was helpful to get taxis, but useless for any other information such as instructions on how to walk to the park or to use the TV. (We needed to ask 3 times for a channel menu.) The food was mediocre, usually overcooked and cold. The exception was the fish at the Seaside Grill which was good.
There is unlimited access to the bar but the wine is awful!!! To get a decent glass of wine, you must buy from the premium wine club which is expensive and not included in the pretty expensive "all inclusive" hotel service fee.
The spa was good, not excellent. The entertainment was a joke. It was a notch lower than what I remembered from the Catskills hotels of my youth--just think Dirty Dancing in Spanish.
At check out they tried to hit us up for a special dinner that we supposedly ate on New Years. We never were told that the menu was "special" and never would have guessed it from the tiny dried out lobster tail. In fact, we were so hungry that we ordered room service shortly after dinner, but it took so long, we were practically asleep when it arrived.
This might be a fun place for a family that doesn't enjoy touring interesting places and wants have a place to bake in the sun by the pool and drink. The kids were all pretty happy, it seemed.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.