I have been to big and small name resorts, but this, by far, was the most unexpectedly expensive all inclusive package I have ever booked. Everyone at the resort, whether staff, invited vendors or excursion planners will not leave you alone. It is very hard to relax when every 5 minutes someone is trying to get you to buy something (trinkets, trips, etc). Even if you don't want to buy anything you will spend money in attempt to be left in peace. I felt I was completely bothered the entire length of the trip (5 days).
The resort promotes onsite vendors that have no problem trying to sell you the exact same items from the gift shop at 500% of the listed price. We tried to walk across the main pool area to go to dinner...that only took 30+ minutes for a 100 yard walk. We were stopped every 5 feet to explain for 5-10 minutes that we do not want to purchase anything, just hungry.
I also found the staff to be very unpleasant...I can't say that I blame them, but I do feel it is a truthful reflection of the management staff.
Scenery and the actual resort grounds were well manicured and some of the prettiest scenery I have ever laid eyes upon.
Oh...and 1) BEWARE of the timeshare talk/tour & 2) DON'T call it a timeshare...that will spawn another lengthy defense about how it is not a timeshare.
After 5 days of limited relaxation I was happy to leave and never look back.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.