Dreams La Romana has a beach area that rivals those of Antigua! The pools are awesome, but the true star of the resort is the ocean! The ocean water is some of the calmest I've seen in the Caribbean due to the resort's unique location.
The nightly entertainment here was usually held outdoors and for the most part was just mediocre. The food was quite good for an all inclusive and the variety available will satisfy everyone's tastes.
The drinks were quite good as long as you found the right bartender! Some were more experienced than others and that made quite a difference in the quality of the drinks.
The hotel is predominantly comprised of European guests, with very few American and Canadians, while just the opposite was true of Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana.
The ride to the hotel from Santo Domingo Airport was a 2 hour experience you will never forget,,,,it's a ride which will take you through some of the poorest parts of the DR. The best advice I can give you is to either fly into La Romana airport, which caters to mostly European airlines or fly into Punta Cana Airport and take the new constructed highway directly to Bayahibe, which cuts the ride down to only 35 minutes.
All in all, Dreams La Romana is a little known gem in the DR which is on our return list and one I would definitely recommend as a must see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe