Dreams La Romana has a beach area that rivals those of Antigua! The pools are awesome, but the true star of the resort is the ocean! The ocean water is some of the calmest I've seen in the Caribbean due to the resort's unique location.
The nightly entertainment here was usually held outdoors and for the most part was just mediocre. The food was quite good for an all inclusive and the variety available will satisfy everyone's tastes.
The drinks were quite good as long as you found the right bartender! Some were more experienced than others and that made quite a difference in the quality of the drinks.
The hotel is predominantly comprised of European guests, with very few American and Canadians, while just the opposite was true of Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana.
The ride to the hotel from Santo Domingo Airport was a 2 hour experience you will never forget,,,,it's a ride which will take you through some of the poorest parts of the DR. The best advice I can give you is to either fly into La Romana airport, which caters to mostly European airlines or fly into Punta Cana Airport and take the new constructed highway directly to Bayahibe, which cuts the ride down to only 35 minutes.
All in all, Dreams La Romana is a little known gem in the DR which is on our return list and one I would definitely recommend as a must see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe