I stayed at Dreams La Romana from November 15 to November 18 for a wedding.
Service was very good. Room was cleaned up every day, and the fridge was kept stocked at all times. The staff is very friendly and attentive, including the bars and restaurants.
The hotel itself was very clean and its gardens were well-kept. The pools, beach, and recreational areas were very clean, except for the pool tables which require maintenance.
The room was clean and everything worked as intended. No problems with lack of water pressure, hot water, or broken machinery. Good selection of TV shows and movies.
The biggest thing going for this hotel is the beach. Beautiful, well-kept, and crystal-clear waters with no strong currents which allow you to stay in for hours at a time. I saw a few snorkeling areas too around at the corners of the beach.
Beverage selection was mostly National in terms of beer and drinks, with a few international exceptions. The drinks are well prepared and taste great.
Nightly entertainment seemed to be good. Shows at the pool area, and entertainment for all ages. The night club was good, and there's an entertainment area with xbox's, ps3's pool tables, batting cage, and ping pong tables. Again, the pool tables need maintenance. Movies were also shown at night at the pool area.
Main and biggest CON experienced at Dreams was the food. The day after I arrived and ate lunch (Seaside Grill) and dinner, I began experiencing symptoms of food poisoning, up until my last day at the resort. I am unsure about what caused it, be it the "extra cheese" added to 2 slices of pizza that looked and tasted like it was a few days too old, or the piece of meat I also had at during lunch. I avoided drinking or using any tap water, and I still got sick. Many other friends and visitor there for the wedding were also complaining about being sick. The food itself was average in taste. Usually hotels are known for certain appetizers, dishes, or desserts. In the case of Dreams, not one slice of food that I ate was considered very good, or even above average.
This was my first visit to the Dominican Republic and to an "all-inclusive" resort there or anywhere else. If I visit again, I will definitely fly in directly to La Romana or Punta Cana and avoid the nearly 2 hour drive from the Santo Domingo airport to the resort (due to frequent stops by the bus driver, some at the passenger's requests). Unfortunately due to the food sickness I experienced at Dreams, I cannot recommend this resort until that problem is removed. Spending 3 out of 4 days running back and forth to your room's bathroom was not my idea of a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe