I was a little disappointed with Dreams La Romana. Considering this trip was my 4th time in DR I was able to compare to others.
Rooms - old and need work (I did not stay at the Premier club which I heard has better rooms). The shower head was broke and kept falling while showering, the lamps in the room were old and 1 was broke, the bathroom mirror was filled with scratches, the rooms were old. I stayed in building 2 which I felt was a good location. It is central to everything especially considering I have 2 young children. Also, the doors in the rooms do not have chains at the top which I wasn't too pleased with considering the maids just knock then open the door. They barely give you a chance to answer your door.
Hotel grounds - well kept and beautiful. no complaints
Food - very good for DR. I especially liked the Oceana (steak/Crayfish awesome). Mexican was good as well. I have no complaints. The buffet which we ate at for breakfast and lunch was good. At lunch there were always different choices all pretty decent. Unfortunately coffee was terrible but much better at the coffee shop located in the lobby. During off hours a little hard to get food for an all inclusive. If you travel with kids try to bring snacks for off hours.
Pools - I liked the Infinitely pool because of the views, swim up bar, and access to the beach from it. Plus worked very well which children. It has a shallow ledge throughout the pool which is good for kids. The main pool which has alot of activities for kids was ok but too big and busy, not as relaxing.
Staff - UNFRIENDLY! even after being tipped! I was very unhappy with the staff. There were a few nice bartenders like Alexis, Juan, and Olivio from Seaside Grill. If you got a "hello" you were lucky. I lost my luggage and got the run around from the staff about calling the airport, etc... after a couple of days my husband spoke to the manager who was just as useless. The language barrier is awful. Most of the staff does not speak English making it so difficult to communicate.
Entertainment - Almost each night there was a show by the main pool. Each show was different and funny. We enjoyed them. On Monday nite they have Monday night football on the beach. They set up an unbelievable venue but so sad hardly anyone showed. They said they do this every Monday night. It was great.
I think this resort is great for families considering all the activities, shows, etc... they have however they really need to work on updating the rooms and getting their staff to be friendlier.
Also - last thing - trip from Santo Domingo airport to Dreams is 1 hr and 45mins! a nightmare especially with kids.
Not sure if I'd go back the trip from the airport alone was a reason for me to not go back but I did like the grounds, food, and pools!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe