We stayed at Dreams La romana from 5th-19th November. We first visited in may 2010, and loved it so much we decided to return with 15 of our friends and family to get married.
Having read a lot of negative reviews recently we were a little apprehensive that standards might have slipped. However we were pleased to discover this is not the case!
We did not get the room we requested, but this was resolved within 24 hours with the help of Jenny the wedding co-ordinator. We were very happy with our second room.
Hotel itself very clean, beautiful grounds, well maintained. Excellent service from all of the restaurant and bar staff. Maid kept our room spotless. Food is very good for an all inclusive hotel. I think sometimes other people expect too much - it's not Michelin Star but it is fine for a few weeks. None of our guests had any complaints. Only restaurant that fell short was Italian (food bland), but Asian and Dominican were exceptionally good. Drinks plentiful and staff will make anything you like. If you ask for top shelf brands you will get them. Otherwise you will get cheap brands. To be expected!
Wedding itself was amazing. Whole day went really smoothly, everything from photographer to flowers to reception were top class. Could not be happier.
In summary, do not be put off by the bad reviews. All of our guests (ages ranging from 16 to 60) had a ball! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others, and we will be returning in the future. So if you're going, relax and enjoy ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe