I'm not a big fan of all inclusive hotels in general and this one was no exception. The hotel is nice with various pools and a pretty beach. However there are draw backs. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived well past 3pm and for some reason we had to speak to about 3 different people about our vacay package before we could finally get to our room. We were exhausted and just wanted to lie down. We decided to upgrade the $60 per day to be part of the preferred club. This is really only worth it if you're able to stay in the preferred section of the hotel which is quieter and closer to the spa and tennis courts. For the room upgrade we would have had to pay $90 more per day but they didn't have an available room for us so we were all the way in the other side of the hotel which was annoying. Just know that Internet IS NOT included in the price of the hotel unless you are a preferred club member. And the bandwidth is pretty small too.
The room was clean but certainly nothing to write home about. The mattress was firm but the pillows were pretty crummy. Everything I mentioned until now were just some of the minor inconveniences. The worst part is the food. I can't handle all inclusive meals in general but here was ridiculous. Avoid the World cafe at all costs. I call it the "mess hall" for obvious reasons (and its a mess). The best snack food we could find was the pizza by the main pool which was quite good. For dinner we did not enjoy the Bordeaux restaurant even though it looked nicer. Finally on our last night we discovered the Ocean Grill or Seaside Grill and that was pretty decent. It's located between the beach and building 2.
Anyways, it was a nice trip and all and the hotel isn't terrible but do be aware of the food situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe