We were really looking forward to this vacation as this was the first time that we took our third child, a toddler with us on vacation. It started out great-we got an amazing deal on a family suite which consisted of two rooms with two bathrooms, two TV's, basically, two of everything and the room was full ocean view right above the Infinity pool. The things we enjoyed:
1. Great beach-very calm, clean and warm water, plenty of beach chairs and shade provided by either palapas or trees.
2. The best entertainment program for kids I have ever seen-my teen and pre-teen have fought the daily nap we force them to take during these vacations because there was so much going on and I relented. You get Funny Money for the participation which is then used to bid for souvenirs during thrice-a-week auctions.
3. NIghtly shows were also very good, different from the usual resort fare.
4. The service is great for the most part-starting from the fast check-in to getting our luggage to the room within literally 5 minutes. Our maid, Faustina, kept the suite spotless and well-stocked with beverages and toiletries. Yubelkis at reception was really accomodating when it came to us requesting a late check out-we had an 8 PM flight out of Santo Domingo so keeping the room till 4 PM was truly helpful, and for the cost of $10 per hour, it's worth it. Alexis at the Infinity pool bar is a true asset-this guy is hilarious!
5. Fresh fruits at the beach-they cut up watermelon, papaya, passion fruit, pineapple, really nice to have a little healthy snack.
Now, here is why I had to knock off 2 stars-for the first time in my 15+ years of going to all inclusives at least once a year all over-Mexico, Jamaica, DR, Aruba, both my husband and I became sick from the food. We did not fo anything different this time, and are both very moderate drinkers, yet, both he and I spend a full day glued to the bathroom, thankfully, it happened on different days, otherwise, we would have a hard time taking care of the kids. I spoke to several other families and many complained of the same issue. I tried not to let it spoil the rest of the wonderful things that the resort had to offer, and I will probably give it another chance because there were so many other positives that suited my family, but I urge the management to conduct a thorough investigation of their sanitary practices. If you notice, most of the negative reviews about the resort are from visitors who fell sick due to the food, so clearly, there is something going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe