“Dreams La Romana- 2nd time- Still amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams La Romana

You added Dreams La Romana to your Saves list
Dreams La Romana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bayahibe | P.O. Box 80, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bayahibe
ottawa
“Dreams La Romana- 2nd time- Still amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went to Dreams La Romana for a second time this year from Sept 29-Oct 6 and again - It was amazing. I have been to Punta Cana twice and must say the staff in La Romana are wonderful and really cater to your needs. They make you feel as if they really want to help you as opposed to Punta Cana where I feel they act like they are annoyed with me. I am super picky with my room- I need to have the sheets not tucked in, I check the mattresses and I look at the bathroom (water, dirt etc.) and I must say BOTH times I have gone to Dreams La Romana- It has met my every standard/need. We have gotten the upgrade both times which I HIGHLY recommend!!! With the upgrade you get to use the Infinity Pool which is NEVER busy, hardly no kids in the upgraded area, the staff gets to know you by day 2 and knows what you like to drink, remembers your name and talks to you as if you are their friend- which is wonderful. I have never felt un-easy or uncomfortable- they really make me feel like I am royalty!!! In the past 2 years we have become facebook friends with a few of the staff which is absolutely wonderful- so nice to keep up to date with their lives and it makes it even better going back to see them again! Aneuris (he is a bell boy now), Erick (peferred club lounge), Elizabeth (preferred club bar) are great- they really work hard and deserve any tip they get. They make you feel like you really are a part of their family @ La Romana! I was also very impressed with our maids- I forget their names but they worked on the 3rd floor of building 7- they catered to my every need (again like I said- I am super picky). They were both wonderful- The day maid and the night made for turn down service are really great!!! The buffet is good- I always found something to eat but the A LA CARTES are great! Oceana- seafood pot and the punpkin soup is what I ate- wow! Himitsu- We got all 6 mains to share (there were 4 of us) - the ginger beef, sweet and sour pork, lemon chicken, grouper- I cannot say enough- so so so yummy-and we got 6 apps. to share (spring rolls and the sushi) and each a soup- the veggie noodle one- SO AMAZING! The Beach is quite nice- Water is unreal!! One day it was so clear we were able to see our feet while we were neck deep!!! Being in La Romana - you are in the Caribbean Sea as opposed gto the Ocean so the water is much saltier and warmer...It felt like a bath!!! There are fish- unlike Punta Cana where you see nothing as its so commercialized- ugh- but I have only had small fish aropund me maybe twice - both times I was there. You see pelicans here- which is crazy cool! And you see crabs of all sizes when you walk down the beach a bit- they are nowhere near the beach are that you swim in- it was quite amazing being able to see sealife and birds since in Punta Cana- there is really NOTHING to see. The entertainment is okay- but I really dont go there for that so I cannot comment too much on it...The drinks are plentiful and the grounds are clean. The casino is nice and there is a little gated of pen of flamingos and snapping turtles- which is neat to see and take pics of! I honestly feel like I am in Heaven when I go here- Its honestly out of this world!!! Please go here!!!! If you want relaxation and to forget about the world for a few days- this is the place to do it. I am already planning my trip back next year- no kidding- I really am!!! Thanks and happy vacationing! ENJOY DREAMS!!! :)

Room Tip: Bulding 5 or 7 3rd floor- facing the Infinity pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,183)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

we have spent the unforgettable 13 days at Dreams La Romana and enjoyed every moment of it.All employe there is very nice and special kind.We have enjoyed amazing show of entertainment team and each of its members is amazing.Everything is excellent:cleanliness,rooms,service,food..
We wish them all best and we will come again.
Alisa&Beni from Germany
p.s.We would like to specially mention one very nice guy,whose manners and behavior are impeccable.We have enjoyed his company everyday.His name really matches his personality,James Bond,a real gentlemann.We wish ro James Bond and all people from Dreams La Romana all best in future and thank you for unforgettable staying there

• Stayed October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My BF and I went to Dreams to celebrate both of our birthdays and we had the most perfect vacation. I dont know how anyone can complain about Dreams. The only thing I would change was the flight, we flew into Santo Domingo- and should have come into Punta Cana or LA Romana and might not go preffered next time, would spend that money to stay a day or two longer. There were not too many kids when we were there so we really didnt need the private beach or pool. But I do have to say eating breakfast and having Coffee at the Seaside Grill was amazing. I 100% recommend this place. We loved it. Everyone was so friendly and they could not do enough to help you. We thought the food was really good and fresh. thanks Dreams for a great vacation. We would definitely go back and/ or try another dreams.
Just to add, the concierge is very accomodating, if you want a special room or going to celebrate a special occasion, let them know, they do their best to make everything perfect. We got the exact room we asked for and were welcomed to balloons and rose petals.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just returned home following a one week stay at Dreams La Romana and have already booked our trip back there at the same time next year!!!
This was our first trip to the Dominacn Republic and to a Dreams Resort and we were pleasantly surprised!!
Upon Arrival you are greeted with champagne and a big "Welcome Home" from the staff!!!
We opted for the Preferred Club and I must say it's worth every penny for the private pool area, updated lounge chairs, private poolside bar and air conditioned club, premium liquor, free wifi and computer use, upgraded rooms and much more!!!!
Thanks to Glennis the Preferred Club Manager and her team who made sure they always made you feel special and catered to your every need! The rest of the staff at the preffered club as well as the poolside bar staff; Hector, Elizabeth and Stephanie all went out of their way as well to make sure you were always taken care of and were all very friendly!!!
Our room was beautiful, clean and the resort honored my requests for a king bed and top floor which also made me very happy!!!
The resort is absolutely spotless and the grounds are immaculate. The staff is out each and every day on the grounds doing work to mainin this beautiful resort!!
Our vacation was perfect in everyway and we never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants or buffett and best of all no reservations were needed!!!!!
We met new friends during our stay which was great and hopefully we will see them there again next year since we all said we would defenitely come back next year!!!
We have been to many islands and to many other AI resorts and by far Dreams LaRomana tops them all!!!
You most defenitely get the most for your money here!!!

Room Tip: Well worth the upgrade to the Preferred Club for updated rooms in Bldg 5 & 7
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for the first 2 weeks of October and we had such a brilliant time we have already booked to return on 29th Jan 2013!
On arrival we were given a glass of champagne and "welcome home"! We had requested a twin room, but were allocated a double so we waited for literally no more than about 10 minutes whilst the rooms were changed.
The room itself in block 5 was lovely - spacious and clean. A request for extra coat hangars was again dealt with in minutes. Throughout our stay, a few dollars tip every now and again meant our fridge was kept fully stocked to our requirements and towel art and flowers left in the room!
The hotel itself was big enough for lots of variety but not too big to feel impersonal. The staff were amazing - all smiles and welcome. Learning a few words of Spanish certainly went a long way. (The only rude people I met there were some of the other guests.)
The entertainments team at the hotel were amazing! There was always something to do if you so wished, but you were also left alone to laze in the sun if you preferred. There was a show every evening and these were excellent. The team clearly works very hard on their dancing etc. This is not the west end of London for theatre, but I enjoyed it just as much! The entertainment team certainly has it's characters! (Picasso, Chocolate) And an amazing team of dancers. But I must say a big thankyou to Cocoloco for making the holiday so fun! I look forward to coming back.
The food was good, but obviously has to cater for all, so nothing too spicy. (Shame) The buffet had plenty of choice and the a la cartes were also good, but with a small menu choice. And the bars always had good cocktails!

For trips - we used GriGri, stationed by the pool and had a fabulous time. And we also learnt to Scuba Dive with Andrew of Gri Gri by the pool, who was the most patient teacher ever!! As neither of us thought we could do it, we have amazed ourselves as when we return in January, it is to take the full Scuba qualification courses with Gri Gri. They are a fantastic team and I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

We had a little rain, but it didn't spoil the holiday at all as there was just so much else to do!

We had a fabulous time and the return is already booked!! What more can I say?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went for 7 long days and 4 of the days I had the worse stomache aches. We ate at every resturant and most of the time left hungry since the food was not edible. The postive points were the were the employees. They were very accomadating and always nice considering so many complaints by other guest about the food.
We stayed in the priveledge section and def a must unless you like the craziness of the crowded pools. Another perk of privledge center which had treats and top shelf bar plus computers. The ocean was okay hard to compare since I just went to Aruba a couple of months ago. There is no snorel there. There is a public beach next door which on a walk there was garbage and a razor in the water.
I would never go back the only thing that made my vacation was the privledge perks.

Room Tip: rooms on the 7 section are quieter.
Rudy R, Manager at Dreams La Romana, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Nodoubt2b,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback in regards to your recent vacation stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the variety of cuisines offered throughout our beautiful property. As we have numerous selections within the main buffet, seven different types of a la carte restaurants, twenty-four hour room service, a pizzeria as well as a beach side grill, we are quite surprised to hear the term inedible used as we continuously receive rave reviews from both our repeater guests as well as those visiting us for the very first time. As many different cultures come from all parts of the globe, we do try to please a wide variety therefore offering many different of dishes for all to enjoy. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

All the best,
Rudy Richardson
Resident Manager
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at Dreams La Romana for two weeks in February. It was my second time visiting this hotel. It was an amazing two weeks and cannot rate this hotel enough. The food is amazing with a number of a la carte restaurants. The buffet was huge and airy with a variety of fresh food which never got repetitive or boring. Our favourite restaurants were the Italian and Seafood. The great thing about this hotel is you dont have to make reservations. This sometimes means waiting 5 minutes for a table but that's not a problem as all have a bar!
The staff here make the resort - they are always so smiley and friendly and can't do enough to help you. The animation team are very entertaining and always happy to stop and chat and make sure that you are having a great time.
The pool and grounds are beautiful - with a number of infinity pools, kept very clean. Love the swim up bar! You never have to fight for a sunbed there is always a number of free ones.

The beach is what makes this hotel so special. Pure white sands and crystal clear water which is perfect for swimming and snorkelling. One tip - don't go out too far if you're not a confident swimmer, out on the reef the current is very strong.

Also love the sea trampoline! Really fun.

Recommend the Soana island boat trip - such a beautiful island.

Would definitely come back a third time!

Room Tip: Request a room upgrade - the superior rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams La Romana? Share your experiences!