We visited Dreams in September 2012 - This was our third trip to Dreams LA Romana, this time with friends, (we usually travel as a couple) and again we were stunned by the beauty of the resort and the staff. Our plane was delayed by 8 hours, so very late and very tired when we eventually arrived, (the new road reduces the transfer time from 2 hours to 50 mins) - Check in was painless, complete a form, take your keys and after a welcome drink and an explanation of where your accommodation block is it is a 5 minute wait for the bellboy to arrive with your luggage
The Grounds - are constantly being groomed and are stunning, fabulous selection of palm trees and shrubs with splashes of bright colourful flowers everywhere.
The rooms - are of a good size, having stayed in block 7 and block 3, the balconies are very small -just room for the two of us and a little table, but lovely views of the grounds/pool. The beds are large and linen very clean and changed daily, all the usual hotel toiletries are supplied along with towels and face cloths. Bathrooms are starting to appear worn, but do the job adequately. Although one day we had no hot water. My only issue would be with the hairdryer - it only ran on high (which was dangerously hot) and cut out because it overheated. Maid service was excellent - towel art was a lovely touch (many thanks Veronique)
The Beach - beautiful white sand, again cleaned every day, and the staff constantly roam the beach taking drinks orders and picking up any rubbish as they go - excellent. The sea is a fabulous colour and warm and usually calm - very inviting. We were fortunate enough to have dry, hot and sunny days for all of our stay even though it was "rainy season"
The restaurants: The buffet is great for breakfast - everything you could want, from cereals and yogurts, to spanish omelettes and pancakes. The dinner service is fine, but evening meals elsewhere were preferable. The French restaurant - very smart, service was good, but meal was very disappointing, greasy and tasteless - chose not to eat there again. Italian restaurant was again very nicely decorated and the meal was great. The best meal was sitting on the patio overlooking the ocean - simple food, burger, ceasar salad, steaks & chicken, but very good food and service. Asian restaurant - nice surroundings, and the food was good - not a great deal of choice but what they have is tasty.
Evening entertainment is a little lacking, just the lobby bar for live music, (too old for the disco) but there is the theatre. The staff try very hard to out a top class show but somehow just don't pull it off. Good on them tho - got more energy than us in that heat!!
The pools - both the main pool and the infinity pool are clean with plenty of loungers and shade available at the main pool, but the infinity pool is for those hardened sun worshippers - very few umbrella's available. The view from the infinity pool overlooking the beach is stunning. There are daily games to take part in both on the beach or at the main pool if you so desire.
The staff: All of the staff from from Waiters, maids, barmen and gardeners were very friendly and smiley. It was great to have a reply of "my pleasure" when being served, and when walking the grounds even the gardener's greeted us. The bar staff at the Infinity pool were a hoot - kept a smile on our face, benny in the buffet was a sweetheart, to many people to name individually - but thank you to all for your service.
We have already decided that this will not be our last trip to Dreams, the resort is beautiful, clean, friendly and as relaxing or busy as you want it to be.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.