“Second visit, love this restaurant! Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Bayahibe
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Cape Coral, Florida
“Second visit, love this restaurant! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015 via mobile

This was my second time at the restaurant, highly recommend it. First time I went with my parents which they loved the food, and second time I took my husband and son, they were very pleased. Prices for dishes are inexpensive. I will visit again when in Bayahibe.

Visited April 2015

Split, Croatia
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

We've planned to have dinner at Tucano, but after seeing it was empty, we went to La Cueva. Oh, what a mistake that was!

Actually, I don't know why we went there because last time we've been there, we've had a pizza with almost transparent dough (yeah, it was that thin) and crepes for dessert. Pizza topping was really poor and crepes were actually a crepe, single crepe with a bit of Nutella.

This time we've ordered a lobster and fish with grilled veggies. Lobster was overcooked and not fresh and fish looked more like an appetizer than entree. Horrible cost / benefit ratio. Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant. I almost forgot to say we had to wait for almost an hour to get our meal.

One more important thing, please don't be stupid as I was and pay in pesos, not US dollars. If you pay in US dollars, rate is not 1 USD = 44 pesos, it magically converts to 1 USD = 40 pesos.
So, pay in pesos if you don't want to lose your money.

If you want to get great meal, go to Da Elio.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro
“Great cost/benefit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

We ordered pasta and pizza and both were very good. The price was fair and the service nice. Staff very friendly.

Visited December 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Ten Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

Where to start. We spent 7 days in Dominicus in a vacation rental. I am so glad it was easy walking distance to La Cueva. This was the first restaurant we visited after our arrival. Since then we ate there everyday various times, except Tuesday (closed) even they need a day off.
Dinners consisted of fresh crab, beef, lobster dishes over pasta. Nicely presented and very tasty. The pizza was cooked in a wood burning oven and delicious. Bread is fresh. Dessert was Tera Misu (sp) and or ( most cases "and") crepes.
The beer served very cold and wines were perfect.
They open for breakfast at 10:00 AM serving expresso and cappuccino. There omelets were very good. and toast came fresh and buttered.
Very reasonably priced, this is not a fast food restaurant. Sit back and enjoy the event.
The best part was the location and staff. Located on the corner of the main street in Dominicus it was nice to watch life go by as you eat in the open air seating with ceiling fans.
The servers, cooks and owner were very pleasant very happy to see them and always nicely smiled and talked. They don't speak English but did not need to its easy to communicate with the entire staff. It was a true pleasure dining there. I will return.

Visited September 2014
Bronx, NY
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant and enjoyed the experience very much so. It's covered outdoor dining with fans to help with the heat. The gentleman who helped me was very nice (bello) and suggested different items to try. The presidentes are served very cold just the way I like it. The prices are very cost effective and u get a very good protion. The cuisine is italian. I will be a repeat guest there since I have family there.