“Fab for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme
You added Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sarigerme, Sarigerme, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fab for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here from 3rd june 2013 for 2 weeks. myself and hubby with our 2 children aged 3.5yrs and 8months. after reading some of the reviews i was really nervous about our holiday but i didnt need to be! the short transfer from the airport is a real bonus and the moment we arrived i relaxed a lot as the whole place is immaculate! i have stayed in many 5star hotels in the past and this is up there as one of the cleanest places iv been to! being with a baby who insists on feeding himself we tend to end up making a bit of a mess but the moment even a grain of rice was dropped someone was there to clear it away, highchairs are taken and cleaned and then shrinkwrapped ready for the next person so its like using a brand new one each time. the toilet blocks around the pools have clean dry floors - none of that nasty sludge you get at swimming baths in the uk. the grounds are stunning - lush greenery and amazing flowers. our rooms were cleaned everyday - it alternates so one day it will get cleaned in the morning and the following in the afternoon. some days we told the maids not to bother as the rooms were still so clean from the day before. the food was fantastic, each meal time in the buffet resturants there is a huge selection, theres the normal burgers, nuggets and chips but theres also a huuuge selection of fruit, veg, salads, rice, pasta, incredible meat dishes, meze i could go on and on. our daughter had chips on one occasion the whole holiday and despite taking a whole small suitcase full of jars of baby food we didnt use any as he was well catered for. theres a handheld blender in the main resturant as well as a steam sterilser. the ala carte places were good, you can go to each one once - we didnt bother with the asian, the turkish was ok but better turkish food at the main place, and the italian was incredible! the pancake house is great but word of advise - let them cool down! the staff both at the hotel were fab and the first choice team are just amazing. they seem to work all day and evening and how they remember every childs name is beyond me. our daughter had the swimming lessons and tom and megan are just brilliant and i would highly recommend booking up - book them out there as they earn the commision themself rather than the travel agent in the uk and you get goggles from them included which you dont booking in the uk. the kids clubs are good - we didnt normally book the sessions just turnt up - some get busy like the chocolate parties but other than that most had spaces for non booked. we didnt use the creche for our little one - but fyi its £9 for 90mins. i cannot rate this place enough, if you are looking for a safe, clean, fun holiday for your family then you cant beat it. there was somthing that let the place down though...THE ENGLISH! there were occasions when i honestly felt ashamed to be from the uk - for instance for our last week the pools were closed for a big chunk of the day because a group of teens were crapping in the pools ON PURPOSE! they also did it on the center spot of the football pitch - i cannot imagine what they were gaining from it but the whole resort suffered because of it. the hotel issued letters to each room advising why they have to close after an incident and first choice were pursuing a criminal investigation as some people were found to be bragging on the resorts twitter account about it. we also witnessed parents serving their childrens food from the hot plates with their hands rather than the tongs. this meant the whole dish was then disposed of and re-cooked. people were just slinging rubbish on the floor and i even witnessed a lady change a babies nappy on the table in the bar dispite being a 30 second walk from a clean changing area! other than some skanky brits we had a fab time. we didnt do any trips as we were busy all day just in the resort. as for sunbeds we spent our time at the flume pool where the sunshade was so didnt need to get up crazy early - normally just plonked our stuff on a bed on way to breakfast. but some people - again english were actually getting up at 4AM to get beds around the kids pools which to me just seems insane - your on holiday!!! the local town is ok for a little wander - if your looking for fakes - tops and hoodies go to del boys at the far end of the strip. great quality and best prices. dont buy stuff in the hotel shop as everything - sweets, baby stuff etc is double the price. except the shoe shop in the hotel was the best prices we could find. get a taxi to the town if with little ones - its a looooong walk! we are seriously considering a return trip next year - we had a great time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home from our 3 rd visit to the holiday village and I have to say it was the best yet! The level of service and cleanliness has improved immensely. Staff could not do enough to help and make your holiday great. The entertainment team were amazing, "Smithy, PJ and Carlene in particular " and managed to cater for adult humour aswel as the kids. Crèche and kids club staff were highly professional and helped to give a rare 2 hours rest to a busy mum of four. My only slight complaint was the room size which were small to accommodate 5 people and a little disappointing that they had twin beds instead of a double but at least they were clean.
The shop owners on the complex are particularly friendly and took time to know your name. The Jewellery shop was particularly impressive, a friendly, family run business producing quality unique pieces. I was fortunate to purchase a handmade diamond engagement ring 2 years ago from them and was very pleased to find it was valued at almost double of what we paid, and so was very excited when my husband decided to buy me another ring this year to celebrate my 40th birthday. The owners provided a very personal, non pressurized service and even remembered our names from 2 years ago! They treated us like their friends and could not have been more helpful. They even took our jewellery previously bought and cleaned them for free..... A truly amazing service. I'm looking forward to having my new ring valued and returning hopefully next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in June. Had a lovely time but only because of where our room was. I don't want to go on holiday and get up at 4 to put towels down on sunbeds. Luckily, our room over looked one of the relaxation pools and I could still get up at 8 and get a nice spot and then go for breakfast. the pools were lovely and quiet and we made some nice friends over the 2 weeks we were there. We also loved how Recep and his trainee ( can't remember his name, sorry) used to bring us drinks from 12 all day and then ice cream at 3. No queuing for us, lovely! We used the kids club a few times which my son enjoyed, although some of the activities were a bit tough for him as he has only just turned 6 and most of the kids seemed to be big 8 year olds, so he had to work harder to keep up. My daughter also used the crèche a few times, but I wish I'd prebooked, as I couldn't get her in anymore sessions and she really did enjoy it there.
We found the food to be fresh and varied, if you went along with the themed nights. Breakfast got a bit boring though, I don't think I've eaten egg since we've been back! Also, the cereals were quite cheap especially the cornflakes and Cheerios. Maybe take your own if you've got fussy kids. The a la carte restaurants were a nice respite from the endless queues at dinner and you do get looked after in there, so definitely recommend them and had no trouble getting booked in.
My major gripe and the reason I won't be going there again in the near future are the queues and the lack of bars that are open in the morning. I believe this is because they have had to lose a lot of staff due to reduced budgets, which is a real shame. There is so much potential with the main restaurant at lunch time and evenings as it could all be opened up upstairs and it would take the queues away. the pool bar doesn't open until 12 so if you want a drink of any kind, you have to walk all the way over to the snack bar area, and then queue as there is only 1 bar member on.
Overall, I can't fault the cleanliness and food, entertainment was just for kids, and some staff members made our holiday, but I will be looking to go to a smaller resort next time where they can hopefully cope with the demand a little better.

Room Tip: Pick a suite, best kept secret when we were there! Ask for a low floor overlooking a relax pool, lov...
Kettering, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to the holiday village in June, I have waited to write this review as I have never written a bad review before, we were a party of 7, 4 adults and 3 children, we upgraded to suits that were nice bad points were.. one day we had no towels and one day the room wasn't cleaned at all the bath was not cleaned the whole 10 days and the carpet was full of bits that stuck to your feet. It is true if you want a sunbed at the front of the pool you need to put your towel down before 5am, always a long wait for a pancake! And be prepared to wait 30/40 mins for your ice cream. We were very surprised that the main restaurant is closed at lunch time so that means the whole hotel goes to the pool eating area that has limited seating in the shade and the chill out bar( oh the chill out bar the white seats are full of dirty stains not what I expected) it is true you never go hungry but the food is much the same old same old everyday. During our stay the main pool was closed 4 times and 1 day 5 pools were closed due to some one (shitting in it) !! We felt many of the guests were people claiming benefits (god knows how they can afford it) so we will not return to this hotel, although the staff were friendly and the grounds are well kept.
Just for those looking to buy some fake goods in the local town and at the market we paid £10 for 3 pairs of ray bans. £10 for 3 ice watches and the kids had a decent pair of beats for £10, the DVDs at the hotel looked really good on his tiny tv but when we got home the sound and mouth movements don't match and people walk in front of the screen but what do you expect for £1 a dvd!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Good points: complex and gardens kept well and pleasant to walk around. Friendly and hard working cleaners and most restaurant staff.
Bad points: rude reception staff - shocking! Horribly rude bar staff. The very odd exception but going up for a drink was never a nice experience.
Queuing with the masses for dinner. Dirty cutlery and while most of the staff were very pleasant indeed, some were very invasive hugging you while telling you how little tips they are getting this year - too much and extremely awkward.
My son spent 2 days days in hospital on a drip with severe gastroenteritis and and ear infection. Reps look like they really can't be bothered and one even yawned in front of me when I was asking for advice!
I'm glad my kids aren't the kids club type as on more than one occasion I heard kids being barked at to get into twos and told off for not doing it or dragged along singing some ridiculous song round the complex the kids club staff looking thoroughly bored. Perhaps if my son hadnt been enjoying himself in the pool he wouldn't have caught his infections but then he would probably of bored to death in the kids club.
Set your alarm for 3 am or just take your towel out with you at night and place on a subbed on your way back - not kidding, it happened. Who really can be jacked getting up in the middle of the night to out a towel on a sunbed. Sad.
The entertainment was embarrassing and so awful. The Smithy chap (first choice entertainment/rep) was rather funny but there were no shows. Just some guy pretending to be a farmer and a singing rep. The amphitheatre where you had to watch the 'entertainment' stunk of sick and with kids running back and forward you could not put your drinks down!
Complex huge (too big IMO) and your kids will find things to do but let's just hope they stay well enough to enjoy them!!
The town of Sarigerme is far from picturesque but is worth a visit just for the banter.
Would not return or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not one to write reviews an all that but for the money i spent going here being led to believe i was staying in a suite to be put in a basic rooms with 2 big palm trees overgrown on my balcony smashin!!! i was with a party of 21 who all had a turn of being ill off the repetitive undercooked food because they couldnt cater for everyone quick enough so they'd just crisp the edges and leave the middle raw..DISGUSTING. Felt like i was eating out of a pigs troff!!
I Thought the bar staff were rude give you dirty cups and filled it with ice and froth so instead of getting a refreshing drink you got frothy ice cubes the beer was drinkable but not if you want to get drunk think it must be 0.2% alcohol. the queues were ridiculous for everything if you can't cater don't let as many guests in..simple!!
A la carte restaurant was lovely felt like i was actually on holiday in there being waited on fresh hot cooked food felt like a queen in there, beware though they will try and charge you without knowing so check your price at the bottom it should say £0.00
Go into the town of a night real beer and a different view apart from the concentration camp i felt i was on was a bit weary of going with it being a small town but plenty of english there to feel safe.
My family and friends made the holiday but we'd have a ball if we were all in a tent in the back garden, was really disappointed in what we got for our money but like i said my family made it trips are good and the kids entertainment is beyond belief if i was a kid i would be made up the staff were unreal with my neices and nephews had an absolute ball with them, gutted to be writing this review but really what i wrote above, is genuienly what it is like

Room Tip: Doesn't matter there all the same
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Returned back to the HV on the 1st July for a 4th time..............yet again we had another great holiday.The staff couldn't do enough for for you, the pools where clean the bar staff where fab. The food is great you will not go hungry (but if you travel here don't expect bacon, pork or sausages) its a muslim country and they do not eat pork!!! The entertainment team this year where fab the best I have ever seen, they work so hard to entertain the guests, not only of an evening but through out the daytime too..............
The only thing that lets the HV down i am afraid to say is some of the British people that go here, they can,t clean up after themselves, leaving cups food etc next to their sunbeds and also eating food in the pool (of which I found disgusting) BUT I did not let this ruin my holiday.
Go here and I gaurantee that you will have a fab time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme? Share your experiences!