“Suntopia Tropical, Sarigerme” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme
You added Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sarigerme, Sarigerme, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
tra_plymouth
“Suntopia Tropical, Sarigerme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We’ve just come back from the Tropical Hotel having spent a fortnight there. What a fantastic place, the room was adequate, clean and with a bath. The food was great the pools were fantastic and the beer was palatable.
My husband, myself and our 4 year old little girl arrived early hours of Sunday morning. We’ve never done all inclusive before and were delighted with the choice.
The restaurant had ample seating for everyone and the staff were quick to clear away any plates or top up your glass of beverage.
The weather was fantastic so we were quick to get to the pools, we arrived at about 10am and there was no beds to be had except by the child’s fun pool which was great as there are three water slides going into the pool and the pool is about thigh high at the deepest end. If you wanted to have a bed around the main pool then get up early and place your towel….we had an argument by throwing three towel off unused beds and using them for ourselves, the owners of the towels didn’t pitch up until midday and the lifeguards were involved in our dispute. There are signs up saying no reserve of beds but if the management don’t enforce it then it will happen!
There are large coca-cola fridges everywhere with bottled water to keep you hydrated. The beer was okay and the local spirits were fine. If you want the real thing then you have to pay for it and the payment is put onto your room and you pay when you check out.
We had 3 exertion trips booked at the Sarigerme village through Basket travel. We paid £36 (for the 3 of us) for an all day 12 island trip with lunch, whereas Thomson/first choice wanted nearly £100 for the same trip….that’s a no brainer.
We used Basket travel for 3 trips, doing the 12 island one twice, as the choices of trips are limited when you only have a small child with you.
I had a massage at the hotel and wish I hadn’t bothered. I booked this through a chap who comes around the pools selling the Turkish bath and massage, he says that they are sports massagers and they tell you at the end if there is anything wrong with you. I love massages back in the UK and even the one in the Middle East did not compare to this one. I was completely bruised and battered by it, the masseuse told me at the end that I had a limp on my right leg, which I interpreted to be lymph nodes up my right leg and I had a collection of salt between my shoulders. What a load of rubbish! I told him my legs were perfectly fine and that there was no groin injury or swelling of my lymph nodes (that’s what you get with lymph nodes in your legs) and that I didn’t have any sodium or chloride patches on my back and that he neglected to notice that I have lower lumbar back problems. I don’t think he was aware that I would know any medical terminology. What they do is try to get you to book more sessions with them to obviously sort out your limps and salt packs, I do not recommend this and the bruises are only just fading after a week.
Our apartment was quite spacious and it had a lovely big bath and power shower, the beds were rock hard so be prepared for achy bones in the morning.
Kids club was well organised, my little girl when to the First Choice one, stayed her 2 hours but didn’t want to go back again. She did however go to the kids club organised by the hotel, theirs is called “Captain Popcorn” and the kids do loads more stuff than the First Choice one and they do a dance academy where the kids get to do a dance routine on stage after the kids disco at 8pm, I think this is every 3rd night. My little girl loved it and they get a certificate for their trouble.
We went to the market in the town which is every Sunday morning, it’s a nightmare, keep small and young children close by as the traders will try and put clothes and bracelets on them, it’s then hard to take a bracelet off a child who has already seen and is wearing it. The market mainly sold clothes. If you are a female and have a size 7 foot or above, you will struggle to get shoes to fit as Turkish females have small feet, I ended up buying my shoes in the town shop and the shopkeeper had trouble finding a 7 for me. I didn’t buy any bags but you can pick up a nice looking one for about £5, a genuine Turkish fake.
In the market the shoes are about 4 pairs for 20 lira (£7), at the hotel they want £3 for one pair of shoes. My advice is shop in the market or in the village for shoes.
The beach at the hotel is a bit rubbish, the sun beds are quite a way from the water and the beach slops off quite sharply into the sea, it is not suitable for children.
We caught the tractor from the village which takes you to a private beach owned by one of the hotels, it costs 5 lira to get onto the beach and you have to pay for your beds which was about the same price, the beach is lovely and clean and like English beaches it goes out knee deep before it gets deep, its ideal for children.
Take insect repellent as we were bitten to death (much more than we have ever been when visiting the Greek Islands). We took two Jungle formula Plugins but they get you in the evenings when you’re watching the shows or drinking at the bars.
The evening entertainment I thought was great, the dancers work so hard and it was really enjoyable to watch. However with a 4 year old we didn’t stay up much after 10 pm.
They sell knock off DVD’s cheap near the bars in the hotel, which they say are good quality, they are not! If you can get it to work, the sound quality is poor, you can hear the audience talking and the picture often freezes half way through the film, so save your money.
There is a Chill Out Bar near the beach which does great toasted sandwiches for snacks and is very relaxing to sit in. We often went there in the evening and just say and chilled out (hence the name). If you want an alcoholic drink (except beer) it will be charged to your room as they only have the branded names.
The hotel grounds are immaculate and the staff are constantly tiding and cleaning. It’s spotless.
There are 3 additional restaurants that you book into, Chinese, Italian and Turkish. You pre-book these at no cost but if you wish to go again there is a charge. They are al a cart and small portions. We had the Chinese and the Italian but cancelled the Turkish as our little girl struggled to find anything to eat on the menu.
You are supplied with a card to collect a fresh towel every day, when you return the towel you get a card back in return. It would have saved on luggage space if we’d have known this as you can take the towel on exertion trips too.
This village is superb and you won’t be disappointed. We however won’t go back as we prefer the freedom of self catering, choosing where we wish to eat at nights and travelling around the islands that we have booked onto. But I would recommend this place in a shot for families but not for middle aged couples or people with no children.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have more ventilation, as we were on the ground floor surrounded by shrubs and high gro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We are just back from the holiday village after an eleven day stay with our two kids. The hotel is very clean and well looked after. Room was basic but clean and tidy, however there are no drawers in the room. The hotel boasts that there are 2700 sunbeds and a maximum of 2100 guests but this is far from the truth as you need to get up before 6am to secure a spot which is rediculous.

The food is plentiful but not really of a very high standard as every thing is either fried or deep fried and rather repetitive, You can only eat so many meatball and chips and what the heck is veal Giro?, anyone who thinks the food is lovely must be dining at a chippy or kebab shop 7 days a week, This is truly mass catering on a grand scale, they could do better, the dining room is best described as chaos, far too many people at any one time and very disorganised, the tables are not cleared quick enough when the diners are finished but they are happy to take away your plate when you are still eating, floors are slippy from spilled food which is not cleaned up properly. There are three a la carte restaurants which were all not bad but the food was still a bit oily, staff at the Bbq restaurant left a pan of hot melted sugar unattended which could have been a disaster if it had been touched by a child as the handle was left sticking out.

The all inclusive alcohol was plentiful but the quality is rather poor, the beer tasted like soda water, not a patch on EFES that was supplied on our last visit and i do not remember ever seeing Turkish vodka, whisky and brandy the last time i was in Sainsburys, they really should leave this to the established brands.

Children said that the kids club were not as good as the last time we visited and they only attended during the first week.

The entertainment was of the type usually found on a caravan holiday in Skegness and dont start me on the bingo, the same music is churned out on a daily basis at the pool side and it was far too loud, it was far from a peaceful relaxing holiday.

Some guest were noisy in the early hours and had no thought for other people, this included a wedding party who were eventually removed from the hotel due to bad behaviour.

This hotel should be for the exclusive use of families only which it is aimed at and not for wedding parties or lads holidays etc.

We did one trip which was the Eco Adventure (jeep safari), this would best be described as a six hour water fight with lunch, if you want to see and experience the true Turkey then this is not for you, really was a waste of £76.

Also went to Sarigerme market for the first and last time, full of dodgy goods and sleazy Turks doing the hard sell even to the kids.

Too many people let their kids run riot and do what they like, this place has changed dramatically from three years ago and i doubt very much if i will return to the Holiday Village in the future, but i will be back to Turkey.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I am amazed at some of the recent bad reviews. I have been to HVs in Cyprus, Rhodes and Tenerife and Turkey is as good as any of them.

I was taken aback by a recent review making comments on how bad staff where etc, let me start by saying the staff are excellent and the bar service is fantastic - try the Chill out bar and the waiters there are superb.

Food - there are always issues at every place I have been to, however you could not fault the volume of food, yes at times not to my taste but I never starved and the a la carte restaurants were amazing - as good as the Dolphin in the village - yes I visited that place!

Water - free water, Rhodes and Cyprus take note!

Clean – the place is spotless and the room that we had was kept very clean
Huge complex so thankfully never witnessed any of the so-called fights and I bet not many people did but heard about it so they felt they need to share that on trip advisor

If people have nothing constructive to say then please don’t post and to wonder where people who like the place have been to in the past well frankly go away

Finally – great place, go and enjoy it and believe me you will enjoy it!

mansfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

this was our second visit to turkey holiday village , the last visit was in 2010, i have to say the only thing that has changed since then is the small mindness and ignorance of the guests!!!

the main complaint on here seems to be the food, or lack of it!! well let me assure you as a parents travelling with two girls (6 and 8yrs) we could not fault the choice or standard, my children ate every day off of the main buffet section and we always found them something different ,wholesome and tasty to eat instead of taking the easy option of nuggets and chips from the kids section as so many people did, every night there was a choice of 3 or 4 different meat dishes with various accompanying potatoes,rice and veg options as well as a huge salad bar and of course chips. after the meal you can visit the sweet bar for pudding which again has a massive selection. there are also 3 a la carte restaurants of which we visited the asian and italian which were both very good, a nice change to sit and be served instead of helping yourself, we also visited the bbq for tea one night but to be honest it wasnt very well set up and was poor standard, it felt very much like it was what was left from poolside snacks in the daytime.

YES you will have to get up early to get a sunbed, me and the wife had to take it in turns to get up at 6am to put towels out, i for one would have welcomed enforcment of the no reserving before 8am rule as i work hard to pay for my holiday and could do without time watching early in the morning, also i lost count of the sunbeds with towels on them that we not even used by the time we left the pool area at about 1600hrs.......WHY?? if you dont need a sunbed dont take one!!!!

on to the entertainment, well this will make your holiday, the poolside entertainment and nightly kids show is second to none, poolside you have games,quizzes and the daily lilo race is good for a giggle, at night i 5 live is great fun and a great chance to have a laugh with your kids and get involved, i even managed to bag myself an appearance on stage with my youngest daughter and won a certificate........at 35 years old i was over the moon ;-) also at 21-30 there is a quiz at the adult bar, however kids are more than welcome and my 2 loved going to have a pop at the answers!!!! kids club is also great and the kids got various certificates and treats for taking part and always came back smiling.

the bar areas were great in the day and at night sometimes got a little busy but no real drama, i did see bar staff sliding drinks down the bar to people but in 40degree heat and only three bar staff on they were up against it, i heard a couple pf people moaning about waiting and queing but when some people go to the bar for 8 drinks at a time what do you expect, also i never once saw a bar tender without a smile on their face or lose their rag with anyone but the way some people spoke to them was quite unbelieavable!!!! the measures were a bit dodgy i had a few gin n tonics that were real mind benders!!!!

the staff and cleanliness were second to none in this place however my only warning would be the bellboys who bring your cases to your room are like bloodhounds, we offered them a tip in english but they refused to take it, when i told them i only had 50 lira notes they even offered to go to the reception to change it for me , which of course i refused, i then offered to tip them the next day but they said they wernet working and just stood there not budging out of our room, luckily my wife found a 10 lira note and sent them on their way but at nearly 1am with 2 knackered kids we could have done without arguing with some geezer about 10 lira who had pulled my cases less distance than i pulled them down my drive in the pouring rain to get them in my car in the first place!!!

so overall another great holiday to sarigerme, would i go again? yes , was the food good? yes did the holiday makers spoil it? no will you enjoy it if you are going anytime soon? without a doubt!!!!

one last point, yes lots of people had tattoos on show and was it a problem? NO. were they all louts?NO. were they all drunk and obscene? NO............if you come on here to complain about brits with tattoos maybe you should stay at home!!!!

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a jacuzzi room at no extra charge,massive room with comfy king size bed........h...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hello all, im not one for doing write up but feel the need to big up this place!! Everyone looks for different thing in a holiday but this place was ideal for us! Our family of five is of 2 adults, two 15 year olds and a 8year old and we all came back very satisfyed.
Its cleaned ongoing the foods lovley and the entertainment is throught the day..
THe staff work so hard and beleive me they put up with some rude people! But still smile.

The slides are great, and so it the kids clubs and night entertainment.
The beach it near on the doorstep to! Although the sand was to hot to stand on...but thats not of anyones fault..it maybe that us english are not used to a sun!! Lol

My advise for the mud bath would be to book through basket tours, i learnt the hard was as i wanted to stick with first choice, to find that we payed 3 times more and dint see most of the things others had..?...this was the only time we left the resourt on 11 days as the childern didnt want to miss out on games and fun!

We will defo return to this place ....enjoy x

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We chose the holiday Village for our wedding (June 2012). The holiday was fantastic. The food was great. However, we arrived in June and for the second week (July) the place started to get busy and the standards were not so good. This would be the holiday makers, I witnessed adults drop food spatulas on the floor and then pick them up and place them back in the holder ready for other people to use to serve their food. Kids sniffing at the deserts (actually touching the cakes with their nose!) and then they were left for someone else to pick up!
Our wedding was fantastic, however, when we were shown to our honeymoon suite on the other complex (Tropical side) we never had any of the items we had paid in our wedding package ... for eg. Wine, bowl of fruit! there was 3 warm bottles of water in a warm fridge. When we asked the staff at the hotel, they said they would bring the items up to the room. 40 minutes later of waiting BORED in the room, we decided to leave and complain. Noone appologied and we were taken back to our original family room. This was very disappointing and ruined our wedding evening, as this was our special night RUINED :(
I also had a bad experience with the hotel ONSITE - HAIRDRESSERS! Who had destroyed my hair and not styled my hair as I asked. They were very RUDE and charged £60 for a basic cut for my mother. The said that I needed my hair cut, when I had already had my hair cut the day before going on holiday.
Two hours before my wedding, the First Choice rep showed me my wedding flowers, which I had requested Orange Gerbera and she only had yellow not the orange I asked for. it was a disaster. I was very disappointed, as I had told them the colour I wanted months before via email and 7 days prior to the wedding.

The holiday was great and the staff were amazing. Just a shame it was ruined by the wedding organisation (Hairdressers & Flowers).
Despite all the negatives with the above comments. The staff at the hotel and the rep did try to make up for the mistakes. They gave us a free meal at the steakhouse which was great and paid for the cocktails which we had to pay for on our wedding night.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

First thing I have to say to all the people that keep on saying the place was wonderful and the food was amazing are clearly on there first all inclusive holiday, or are generally use to staying in a poxy caravan in Blackpool.
The food is a complete shocker, me and my family stayed for 2 weeks and got back on the 14 th July. The food was really poor, it was so repetitive and over cooked and swimming in grease.
Even my kids who love junk food even got fed up.
I would recommend the dolphin in the local village as the staff and the food are Amazing!!
U can eat 2 course meal and drinks for everyone for less than 50 quid.

The staff at the hotel are rude pigs, they change the rules about what u can drink and when, the measures became a joke be the end of the second week too.
There was fights in the main lobby and noise all through the night.
No staff seemed to deal with any of the issues, and the male staff are perverts.

If u want to have a sunbed get up at 4:30 to get a look in, u will regularly see towels that have been thrown into pool that u hav put out.

On a positive side the place was clean and the views and surrounding area is lovely.
The reps really try and do what they can.
But the overall message is stay away, u pay big and they do nop deliver.
I think this was the worst holiday I have ever had and I have been everywhere in the last 10 years

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme? Share your experiences!