“Dispelling the negatives” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Sarigerme
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Dispelling the negatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at the one club. We were supposed to be going to turunc, but, the hotel was cancelled at the last minute and we were transferred to the one club. We were sceptical, as we had read the negative reviews. The grounds, pool, rooms and service were all very good, and we were pleasantly surprised. Food was of a good quality and varied, although very Turkish in content - well that's what we wanted - after all we were in Turkey. As it was the last week of their season, it was very quiet, but a short walk had you at the village where there were several bars etc. they also have a lovely beach with free sun beds and a beach bar and if you don't want to walk they run a frequent shuttle service. If you want "McDonald's" this is not the place for you - but then why go to turkey. We would recommend to anyone who wants a pretty hotel and good service etc.

Room Tip: Rooms with a terrace/balcony overlooking the pool get most sun
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a week in the one club hotel and all of the things(room,services,pool,food)was really excellent!!before I went to hotel I read the reviews from Internet and I was little bit curious about the hotel but when I went and stayed,everything was really super!! I will be back next summer,thank you very much for everything..

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have recently retuned home after a stay at the one club hotel, we had read the reviews, bad move!! They were wrong!! Lovely hotel, lovely room, good food, lots to drink and very friendly hotel staff. The managers daughter was more than helpful to me, my partner and my daughter. There is no entertainment, but a short taxi ride into town!! We had an excellent week, met some lovely people and was sad to come home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed wit my family . The rooms were lovely . Fantastic view over lookin the pool but the food was awful same stuff every single meal . The people were rude ignorant Not one person said please or thank you . Grown men in Speedos disgusting . . No entertainment and choice of drinks . Gin vodka or whiskey. White wine that tasted like dry vinegar . On a good note weather was fantastic and wish I could have brought it back with me . Will not visit these again

• Stayed August 2013
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We (Me, my partner and 6 year old son) stayed at the The One Club Hotel, Sarigerme all inclusive for 14 nights from the 27th July to the 9th August and had a wonderful time.

Room : Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the pool. It was a reasonably sized, very clean tidy tidy with TV and air conditioning . We booked for two adults and one child and the room had a double bed and a single bed which were very comfortable.

Restaurant and food: The food was nice traditionally cooked Turkish fare. There was an issue with wasps and flies which detracted a little from our enjoyment of the food.

Pools: A baby pool and a main pool. What can I say. Plenty of space, plenty of loungers, cleaned every day, water chute slide, Fun Fun Fun especially for my 6 year old and his new playmates.

Location: transfer from and to the airport took 25 minutes. Taxi to Sarigerme village 5 minutes 10 Lira (£3). Frequent minibuses to the beach which is a 30 minute walk away. Mini market within 300 yards.

It should be noted that Sarigerme is quite remote and about a 30 minute drive from large towns. The village has about 100 shops (mainly clothes, 'leather' goods, dress jewelry etc) and a dozen bars/restaurants.

Summary: Sarigerme is quiet and lovely. If you like partying, go somewhere else. This part of Turkey is breathtaking. The hotel was intimate and very nice. The staff were very polite and helpful, very friendly and unobtrusive. We tried to eat out once or twice, but the hotel food was much nicer.

Stayed July August 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hotel is a good size with 98 rooms, is within walking distance of a nice sandy beach and small friendly village. These are the only good things about it! All the stories about poor food, drinks, patio area, no entertainment for children, rooms and cleanliness are all true. I have never seen so many flies around a bar area as we did during our two week stay during July. Needless to say we ate out every day. We have reported all of this to Thomas Cook as this hotel is recommended by them.

Room Tip: Don't go in the dungeon which the Manager says is a very "special room"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just got back from The One Club late last night, after great seven night stay with my wife and 4 foster children aged 3, 4, 12 & 14. I don't normally leave reviews but felt compelled to on this occasion just to put right some of the terrible reviews that they have received.
My wife and I travel a lot (3 to 4 times a year minimum) so have a wide range of holiday experiences to compare this with.
We can only assume that since the last reviews that they have had a change of management.
Certainly one of the main men, Umit, who seems to keep the staff on their toes, had only been there a few weeks
GOOD POINTS
Family Room we stayed in was very nice and was kept very clean.
Pool area again very nice & kept very clean, staff constantly removing empty cups, plates etc.
Never had a problem getting sunbeds and we certainly aren't early risers.
Food, we all ate very well, even with 4 fussy eaters, if you want English food do not holiday abroad, or go to little England (Benidorm). The food was kept covered to keep the flies off, although some ignorant guests (English and German) were too lazy to keep it covered once they had took their food.
All of the staff we dealt with tried their best to please and were on the go from very early in the morning until very late at night.

BAD POINTS
If I were to complain about anything it would be that the tiled pool area is quite dangerous as it has been tiled with tiles that are very very slippery when wet (not a good idea around a swimming pool). Over the week I saw at least 10 children slipping over, including my two little ones. You have to be very strict on the no running rule which isn't always easy when children are trying to have fun.
No entertainment at all laid on - but most children will entertain themselves when making new friends etc. and our 4 were never bored.
Beach was nice no fighting over beds
not a lot around but that suited us. meant the wife could not spend LOL
for a reasonable family week abroad AlI inclusive would recommend.

Room Tip: Only 97 rooms most room are in a quite place .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The One Club Hotel? Share your experiences!