“Wish we had been there for longer.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sarigerme Tourism Center PO11, Sarigerme 48610, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
london england
“Wish we had been there for longer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went for 3 nights at the end of October with a friend for a little bit of sun before the winter.

Arrived about 9pm and were checked in quickly and told dinner would finish at 9.30 so our bags could be taken to our room so we didn't miss eating. We decided to eat at the midnight supper instead and went to our room to freshen up. We had booked a twin room but were given a king size bed instead, so went back to reception to see if we could move. As the hotel was full a single bed was put in the room and we were told they would move us the next day.
We had a walk around and a drink or two and then went to eat at midnight.
The hotel is beautiful, the grounds and pools lovely and the choice of food at midnight was very good, well presented and extremely tasty. After a coulpe of cocktails we were ready to sleep.

Next morning after a very comfortable night we had a great breakfast, amazing choice again and beautifully prepared and presented. Went to see reception about moving and decided to stay where we were as although the extra bed took up quite a bit of room, being near the lobby, and our visit being so short we didn't want to waste any time that could be spent in the sun.

All the facilities were wonderful, and the live music on the Friday night was great. A couple of the outdoor bars and restaurants were closed as the hotel was closing up for winter the following week, but this didn't detract from us having a great time.

Spent all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the sun during the day, and eating drinking and enjoying the entertainments in the evenings.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were treated very well. We couldn't help noticing how few people said please and thankyou when ordering drinks and food, presumably they are the sort of people who then complain about the staff not being friendly. We had no such problem, the staff were all great.

Would definately stay here again, I think this hotel would be very hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued Hilton Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your nice comments.
It is very nice to hear that you left our hotel happily.
Your review will be shared with our staff and management team.
Hope to see you next year at Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme once again.

Regards,

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

we arrived in Dalaman and were take to the Hilton by taxi 20 minutes away. The hotel was amazing the reception was breathtaking as was the three floor the lower floor were the buffet restaurant was, there were shops a coffee shop open from 10am to 10pm with every coffee/ tea you could imagine and cakes to pretty to eat! a lovely tree filled corridor led to the restaurants which were to be paid for. Our room was on the same floor as the reception there was a wet room and bath, seperate toilet and seperate sink hairdryer and shaving point , the bed was a mear 8ft wide a flat screne tv on the wall loads of hanging space bedside cabinets a large dressing tabe chair and table, the varander was a good size with two chairs and glass table, we did not have much of a view but as we were not in the room that much it was not a problem. The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent and loads of choice there was an adult only part and a massive eating out area We did sample all the restaurants which you had to pay for, considering it is all inclusive this i felt was a little unfair, but they were brilliant we went to the Turkish so many starters hardly any room for anyhthing else, the fish restaurant we had amazing salmon steaks, the italian, bread to die for although we had to pay I think they were well worth the extra the service and food was amazing.There were loads of sunbeds and towels 10 swimming pools a nice beach there was acqua gym twice a day that i went to when we were in the hotel this was great fun. There were loads of places to sit and have coffee lovely bars especially the piano bar live relaxing music and the cocktail bar with changing lights in the ceiling and great views of outside We walked into Saragame (cant remember correct spelling sorry) about 20 minutes a nice walk, there were loads of taxis which were cheap and a fixed price if you didnt feel that energetic there was a small market there on a Sunday such good fun bartering for bargains.We went on a few good trips especially good was the one to the mud baths,turtle sanctuary,lunch the market etc., we didnt get home until 6pm well worth the money.The only negatives were there was no dress code in the restaurants you could be standing next to someone in a long evening gown, and the person on the other side would have shorts on, for such a top class hotel i think this should be addressed. The evening entertainment was pretty rubbish the best two nights was a 70s night which a disco a caper van were the disco was coming from and large screnes each side so whatever tune came on you saw the original artist performing. There was also a rock and roll night both of which were excellent I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: i think all the room would be nice in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Greetings from Sarıgerme.
Thank you very much for such a positive review. The team are extremely motivated by the great feedback we have received.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Warrington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights from 18th September 2012. First visit, lovely hotel but wouldn't go back. The hotel is not in a good situation for you to get out and about. Our last visit to Turkey was 8 years ago and we thought we would be able to have a few trips out or at least get a dolmus from near to the hotel. Unfortunately the Thomas Cook rep was nowhere to be found apart from one day in the 10 days we were there. There was a village which was about 30-40 mins walk, not good in the heat, or you could get a taxi. But to be honest we didn't hear one good word about it, so didn't bother. One word of caution, we were picked up from the hotel for our return flight by taxi, we were not informed of this and had no idea what was happening as the taxi driver did not speak one word of English and only had a scrap of paper on him with our names written on it. Reception came to the rescue - come on Thomas Cook we expect so much more from you than this and the planes are abismal for the length of flight - NIGHTMARE! So hotel very nice, food very good, rooms very nice, Al a Carte (Italian) lovely and cost £23.83 extra for the 2 of us with wine included, pools good, entertainment ok, bars ok. Thomas Cook Reps - what's the point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Hilton Dalaman Guest,

Greetings from Sarıgerme,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. And sorry for the difficulties with your travel agency.
We look forward to see you at our property once again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've been putting off writing my review of The Hilton for quite some time. I loved this hotel last year. This year I was quite disappointed. Our arrival was well organised this year, much better than last. Our room was brilliant a ground floor connecting room as requested. Lots of room. The hotel was exactly as we left it last year, and that was great as that was the whole reason for going back. Definitely a lot more people during July. Last year we went in June. We still managed to get sun beds and a table at dinner. Albeit we had to put towels down before breakfast for the sun beds. The kids club didn't appear to have the same facilities as last year, which our kids were quite disappointed about. No bikes or bouncy castle. This was one of the reasons we came back. One of our sons is autistic so it is really important that there are facilities for him in the shade. Infact it was the kids club that was mostly important. Queues at the bars didn't seem to be manned efficiently and we left one of the bars as we seemed to have been forgotten about. We had asked where our food order was twice.
I suppose the real reason we will not be going back again is that I got an ear infection. Lab rhinitis a form of vertigo. I had to go and see the Doctor on call at the hotel. They were very welcoming and I was seen fairly quickly. The Doctor was dressed in jeans which was quite unnerving! He proceeded to talk to his assistant in Turkish so I didn't know what was going on and then told me he was going to syringe my ears. He also informed me I had probably caught the infection from the swimming pool! The whole ear syringing experience was like something from a horror movie. The antiquated equipment he was using was scary. I protested that sryinging wasn't needed as I had had the same condition before three years ago and was given antibiotics. He continued anyway and painful is an understatement. He was huffing and puffing his way through the procedure as if he was pushing a bus. Eventually he declared that sryringing wasn't working, what a surprise, and that he would need to put me on a drip. What????? I made the excuse my Husband was waiting for me and left. I didn't go back. Horrific.
Later that week a woman collapsed at the pool side and it took fifteen minutes for the same Doctor to arrive. There are lots of staff at The Hilton milling about but when it was critical for this woman to receive first aid NOT ONE member of staff was available/trained to do so. Eventually an ambulance was called.
The night before we were due to fly home we receive a call to our room from Reception telling us our taxi was here to take us to the airport. We panicked thinking we had the wrong day. Their mistake.
So, glad to go home and see my GP, we handed our keys back to reception. We were given a bill for roughly £100 for my treatment at the Doctors. Just where was this fee advertised? Not in the welcome pack, which also stated the Doctor was 24hr, not. Not in Reception, not in the Doctor's waiting room. I would expect a hotel like The Hilton to behave better. It costs a pretty penny to stay at the hotel and I would expect premium service without hidden costs. (We had insurance so that wasn't the point). We aired our opinion and we were told that the Doctor was freelance and not permanently located at the hotel.
The cab to take us the airport was really late as he thought we were picked up the previous night.....(we had to call the taxi company). He drove like a lunatic to the airport.
We mailed the hotel when we got home explaining our disappointment. We eventually got a reply saying tough luck. We charge what we charge.
My GP couldn't understand why the Doctor syringed my ears. He said it was unnecessary.
We really left The Hilton saddened by our experience. We thought we had found the perfect holiday location. I know I keep comparing our holiday to last year but that is why we returned after all.
Needless to say we will not be returning. What a great shame.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Booked a Thomas Cook holiday to this Hotel for October Half Term with hubby and 2 children.
(nb never fly with Thomas Cook again - leg room is shocking)
We arrived in the middle of the night, received a warm welcome and show to our room.
The room was great but not for us as we have a teenage girl & a nine year old boy.
Reception were great when we asked to swop rooms, they knew where we were coming from and suggested upgrading to a spa suite !
Well it was fantastic, adults up stairs - spiral staircase down to kids room with sauna, hot tub, massage table, decking with patio furniture. Plus we got to eat in the al a carte restaurants 3 times for free, plus 20% of spa treatments.
The hotel arranged a private breakfast with 2 staff looking after us.
It was great. The staff work very hard and all were very polite.
The Turkish baths in the hotel were free to use which came in handy as we had 3 days of rain.
The beach has a pier that goes into the sea and the kids loved jumping of it and swimming with all the many fish in the water.
The food in the hotel was a good quality and there was always lots of choice.
The snack bar near beach was very tasty for lunch.
The towels are provided round pool area so no need to pack any.
For disabled people this hotel is great even on the beach they have wooden walk ways so that you can get on and off sand with wheelchairs plus have disabled sunbeds all signed up. next to walkways.
I had a massage in spa area the staff work very hard here - I didn't have an appointment but they fitted me in so if you have a rainy day I would recommend. Please be aware though that the lady that did me - did my breasts which I wasn't sure about (Not the British way lol)
There is a full gym so take you kit if you like that kind of thing.
The hotel put on a cinema when it was raining, plus darts, chess, etc etc
We didn't leave the hotel as couldn't be bothered - there are shops in the hotel so everything is available that you would need.

All in all a good stay - as you can see from my other reviews we have traveled to many places and this would be up in my top 5 - probably in fifth place.

Great Hotel & Hard Working Staff

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a spa suite - fantastic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback, and we will be sure to share this our team with pride.
Your feedback is important to help us create the best possible experience for our guest.
We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort &Spa
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton in early October to get some late sun before winter. The weather was great and the facilities around the pool and sunbed availability were better than most hotels we have stayed in. The hotel was not hugely busy and having got to October they had shut a number of the a la carte restaurants which is not mentioned by any of the tour operators. Having said that we ate in the Italian and Chinese a couple of times and on both occasions had fantastic meals. The main restaurant is a bit hit and miss for dinner and quality is not at 5 star level. Breakfast and lunch in this restaurant and also at the Vente cafe were much better. Was not overly impressed with bar street there only ever seemed to be one bar open, howeve the piano bar and the sunset bar? were great. The service in the restaurants and the bars was first class and the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.
The rooms were first class and of a very high quality (deluxe room with pool access). My only complaint was that the airconditioning had been switched off by the hotel management as it was October. I found this out having spent a couple of days trying to get the temperature below 23 deg C. This seems very short sighted by the hotel and certainly meant we did not sleep as well or comfortably as we expected.
Overall we had a fantastic, relaxing break and would certainly go back. The hotel reception and facilities are first rate they just need to up their game on the buffet and the aircon.

Room Tip: If possible go for a room in block 2. This generally means you have sun from the morning till late a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa.
It is an honor that you choose to stay with us and wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic and relaxing stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

midlands uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spotlessly clean, amazing food, huge rooms, friendly and efficent staff - amazing spa.

We had a fab week here for October half term (we are a family of 4 with 2 teens), the weather was wet to start but soon warmed up and we had 4 days of lovely 25 degree weather.

We had a family room which was in fact two huge rooms with a hallway - so we all had own bathroom/balcony etc. Plenty of space, bath and shower - beds were comfy and big widescreen TV (only a few English channels though)

We hit the spa when the weather was bad and enjoyed nice (but pricey) treatments/massages etc.
We also used the main Roman bath/steam/sauna which again was excellent.
The outdoor pools are not heated and are too cold to swim in this time of year! Although i did brave it once with a few other hardy souls!
We sunbathed near the Citrus eatery as they had those big comfy sunbeds.
The grounds are huge so plenty of space and everywhere is well kept and in good order.
Used the excellent Gym a few times and played squash/table tennis so lots to keep you occupied.

This is an all Inclusive hotel - I normally wouldn't set foot in such an establishment but after seeing the good reviews on tripadvisor I thought we'd give it a whirl. And we were not dissapointed! The Buffet is huge! Incredible selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner - problem is you end up rolling out!
We did try the Chinese (15 euro Supplement) which was OK and the Italian (15 euro supplement) which was weird and not very good at all! So I wouldn't bother and tick to the buffet although I guess you do get a bit tiresome after a few nights.
Great bars... we only really used the Piano Forte bar which had great staff.
We strolled on the beach which was well groomed and had sunbeds and a pier... it is not the most beautiful beach with the blackish sand but nice enough - the kids went on the inflatables towed by the Speed boat which they enjoyed, quite pricey though!
We did venture out a few times - The village of Sarigerme is just a tatty, cheap place and not worth a look - head to Dalyan which is only 20 mins away and is a lovely town on the River... nice eateries and shopping - and the boat trips are worth a look.
Also go to Geock which is very upmarket. Big marina's and posh shops and restaurants.
Feithye is great for shops too... get hassle dmore here though!
Head off to the abandoned village just past Feithye, we had a good few hours strolling around this fascinating place.
By the end of the week we pretty much had the place to ourselves as it was closing shortly after.

Bad points:
Pools are freezing, even the spa pool was not heated so didn't do hardly any swimming
Italian restuarant not worth the 15 euro supplement and horrid food
Spa treatmeats very expensive... I think the massage price is ok 90 euro for 50 mins but my wife had a facial treatment which costs over 150 euro and she was told to sleep thru most of it!

I booked late and got an excellent deal so I am very happy with this Hotel.... i probably will not return only because we like to visit different places when we travel... but would recomend this hotel to anyone considering a nice relaxing break.

Room Tip: I think all family rooms have mountain or pool views, also it is such a huge hotel you may want a ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Sarıgerme!
Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared with us follawing your recent stay
We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favourable comments from our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with the most refined hospitality experiences at the Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!