“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Ouranoupolis
sofia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is a tipical example of a badly ran business, if you're not looking for something special and willing to put up with an eighties socialism kind of service, than you're ok. Overall, this is not a Greek experience: it is crowded, the food is average and you have to fight with the rest of the guests if you want to get something worthy (in all fearness, I think this is more of a "type of turist" problem, meaning that 90% of the people here are russians, ex soviet republics and serbs) and it you have to be on time for the meals. Hot water comes and goes as it pleases, the same goes for the internet (wi fi, only in the lobby and not calculated for the amount of people that use it). The beach is small and rocky.
If you must come here, a word of advice: rent a boat (around 60-70 Eur per day, gas included) and sail to the ilands close by, it is a wonderfull experience and worth the money by all means. O, and never mind the toilet smell all over the place... it seems that I was the only one bothered by it.

Room Tip: choose the lower buildings, closest to the sea.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Belgrade, Serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family (wife and 4-year old son) and I spent last 10 days of August at this hotel. The problems we faced made us think about never come to Greece at all (we will definitly never come even close to this bloody hotel) - I really do not know how they got that tripadvisor green label on front door. Long story short (the list of problems we hade - judge yourself):
1. as soon as we get the receptionist (later I found out that he is some kind of manager for the personnel - !?) he tried to explain that we missed hotel (without checkin our names - he judged based on the name of the agency stated on our voucher) and that we have to travel 300km more. The guy thought that we missed the town even there is only one Ouranopolis in whole Greece and "Ouranopolis" was clearly stated in our voucher (agency confirmation for booking)
2. when we finally (after 15 minutes) solve the first problem... another one came. They gave as the room which was full of humidity with obvious leakeges in the bathroom. We got back to the reception and after a very upsetting conversation finaly got the room we suppose to get at the very beginning (do not ask me why they tried to give us the room that is not for humans - probably part of their professionalism)
3. the beach is sandy but the entrance in the sea is full of rocks. Deep water is very close to the shore so forget enjoying with children
4. slides are not working - just some of them, football and basketball field have no power in the evening !? They probably think you should play football and baskeball during the sunny day. I tried to aks them to turn on the light on the field but they said that the field is open only during the day - that kind of information you will not find on their web page.
5. tennis table is not working
6. pool security (rescue) guy is not present most of the time. There is a sign that clearly states that is forbidden to swimm if the rescue guy is not present - funny, don't you think ?
7. during one night we had 4 telephone calls - very upsetting. When I called the reception desk about this they told me just to pull out the cable from the wall - !?
8. finnaly we found a poison snake above our entrance door. My wife and I spent nearly 3 hours to calm our 4-year old son. Last night my son told me: "please, stay with me in my bed because I do not want that snake come and eat me". That made me right this comment nearly two months later. In order to compensate us for this unpleasent experience hotel manager decided to move us in royal appartment, but as soon as we saw that the "royal" appartment is full of humidity and leackeges, we have decided to go home (two days earlier)

Feel free to contact me (slobodan.pijevac@yahoo.com) so I can send you some photos.

CONCLUSION: you have to be completely mad in order to stay at this hotel. Manager of this hotel (the one who was trying to prove me that I missed the hotel just as we got to it) told me: "you know, we are 4 star hotel and other 4 star hotels are charge you only for the air you breath... so, do not complain too much". Greece good buy, Turkey here I come !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My family - me, my husband and my two 1-year old girls twins stayed at this hotel this summer at the end of June 2012. I was surprised from the well organized big hotel. Receptionist lady understood that the girls had a birthday and we received two sweet birthday cakes as a compliment . We were accommodated in a big room at the closest line to the beach. Otherwise it would be difficult for us to walk up &down with all the stuff to the beach and back . The hotel had a doctor who was able to come for a half an hour. We contacted him thru our insurance provider and it occurred that no other doctor is available in the morning. Some other good points: beautiful gardens, areas around the swimming pool, terraces for all rooms, well equipped studio with small kitchenette, kids entertainments. Some week points: lizards and enormous grasshoppers on the terraces outside so the door should be closed all the time, overcrowded restaurant at the dinner and overcrowded beach with too many umbrellas. we found the next beach closed to this one which was very peaceful and babies were able to sleep under the shadows of the small restaurant there. Overall we were are satisfied and can go certainly again with the kids.

• Stayed June 2012
Łódź, Lodz, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Big hotel, rooms are good eguipted but no 4 stars standards a lot of insects and once some lizard come to our room, breakfasts and suppers are inside the hotel (and you don't get free drinks during supper even if you have all-inclusive), diners are eaten near the pool area. Pool is really big so if you like swimming that's something goos. Hotel is next to it's own beach but most rooms are on the other end of complex so returing from the beach you have to prepare yourself for long walk uphill.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went there in August 2012, and we had booked 6 rooms. My friend who arrived earlier, had got an offer of 120 Euro per double room as well as per single rooms. However the hotel manager, promised them, that he would do sth better on my single room, as a sign of good will, as we were a big group of 13 adults and 9 kids.
On the day of check out, to our surprise, the double rooms (with a kid) got an invoice of 185 Euro per room. After talking and negotiating for some minutes, they reduced us the prices, but still we ended up to pay more than what we had agreed in the beginning - at least for the double rooms. This was a shock as the other part of the group had just arrived from a 5 star hotel and had paid less.
Nevertheless, the rooms were spacious, but I had the impression that there was no renovation since the day of the opening of the hotel. The beach was OK, and the staff was nice and polite and helpful. The food at the restaurant was acceptable.
However it is not the place that I would come again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Athens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

with the exception of the waterslides which the children loved i didnt find anything else good about this hotel. Especially after Oceania Club in Nea Moudania it was a SHOCK to be here.
The rating and the price in comparison very very dissapointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We knew the hotel premises from the past, since we spent our family summer holidays there, 10 years ago! At that time our son was about 1 year old and we had a nice time staying there as the hotel provided many services for families with babies. The only difficulty that still remains is that the hotel is built on a slope, so you have to climb onwards in order to return to your room. When you carry a baby in your arms, believe me it is not easy at all !

This time we visited and spent our day at the pool area, on a day visit for swimming at the piscine, together tih friends and our (now) 2 children aged 10 & 9 .The place provides both a normal sized and a baby pool, a quite environment, a nice bar-restaurant with a convenient shadowy corner, good sevice, good food at reasonable prices.

We all enjoyed our staying there, even for a single day, and look forward to visit it again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Aristoteles Holiday Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!