“Excellent Staff and Stay!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Kassandra Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kriopigi 63077, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Kriopigi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Staff and Stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had an amazing stay! Everyone at Kassandra Palace was very helpful, welcoming and very eager to ensure we had an amazing stay. The food, room, and area were all great. We were close to everything we needed. They even had a free shuttle to the local area for shopping, and restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay here again. The reservation manager, Vasiliki Iliadou, was very helpful, from the time we booked up until check out. Everyone went above and beyond for us.

I recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience Greece and Halkidiki.

From a very satisfied American guest from Washington DC!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kassandra P, Manager at Kassandra Palace, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments after your recent stay at the Kassandra Palace Hotel. We are glad that you were pleased with all aspects of your accommodation, since we try our very best to exceed our guests’ expectations. Hopefully we will be given the opportunity to welcome you back to Chalkidiki..

Konstantinos Archigenis
Hotel Manager

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been there 5-6 times,last time in 2008.Till now they renovated a lot,my friend who work there send me some pics and now it's even better. My opinion is that this hotel is especially for people with kids-there is small and big pool,animators,a lot of green areas for fun and its very safe for small kids. In essence,it could be good for anyone except for young couples becouse clubs are not nere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have just returned from the Kassandra Palace hotel and also cannot praise it highly enough from being collected at the airport we were met with a smile had a lovely room on the third floor with a sea view and of the lovely landscaped gardens and pool. Hotel spotlessly clean - all the staff were friendly management, dining room, bars etc. We also have to say DO THEY NOT HAVE FRUIT in eastern europe. We were on ultra inclusive the meals were of a good standard, drinks etc. The beach was lovely although a bit stony with free sunbeds and parasols you could go to the taverna as all of the all inclusives did to get drinks and snacks if you needed them. All seating at the bar and terrace was very comfortable with a very good choice of drinks and cocktails and although we were the only brits at the hotel at this particular time we would defeinitely go again!!!!! Well done Kassandra Palace we don't know what some of these reviewers expect!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea view was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 10 days ( end of Aug- beg of Sept). This is a nice and quite place, with a good beach. The food in the main restaurant was ok, but if you want something special you can go to the Tavern Amos near the pool area. They cook wonderfully. Grilled octopus and fried squid were delicious and tzatziki is to die for. It's a very decent place for they money you pay. If you are looking for the evening fun and many other activities this is not the place to choose. This is a place to stay with children.

• Stayed September 2012
Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 consecutive w/ends.
The first one, we had a family room on the main building. It was renovated some years ago but neither modern nor stylish. And very noisy because of the old A/C. I will remember that night because of the dozens of mosquitoes I had to kill in the room.
The next weekend we stayed in a deluxe family suite which was spacious modern and comfortable, also offering a small kitchenette. It needed maintenance though. Ground floor rooms have their own garden which is perfect if you have kids.
Avoid having breakfast in the hotel, the quality is awful and there are hundreds of flies around.
The gardens are awesome and the beach and sea very nice.
Conclusion: if you get a good deal for the deluxe family room, and you forget the main hotel, you can enjoy very nice holiday as in in a high quality self catering room without having to clean yout room.
One suggestion for the dinner, try Anthoula's in the nearby village Kriopigi but be sure to book in advance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tirana, Albania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have booked an executive room for 2adults+2children, HB. Instead, the hotel put us in a standard 4 beds room because they have no executive rooms for 2+2.
What they sell as a 2+2 executive room is a 2 beds executive room without the executive area (seating area), instead of which two other portative beds are putted. This strategy increases also the number of clients in hotel over the designed capacity which means for clients to wait in queues for finding a place in the restaurant and/or lifts.
This hotel do not offer food for babies 0-12 month and 1-3years. My son is 2 years old and unless I have pre-paid (this is a rule in this hotel) we have been obliged to prepare the food of the baby in our room with our own blender/cutter. We bought milk and some juice for our baby outside hotel because these are not offered too.
To take the food of the baby in the room you are obliged to negotiate with the restaurant manager (who thanks good is a gentleman) because in this hotel is not allowed to take the food with you even for babies and unless the fact that the hotel do not offer a prepaid service – food for 1-3yr kids. One day the manager of the hotel asked me 6 Euro to send the food of the baby in my room considering it as an additional service!!!
The staff in restaurant looks to be very nervous. It is very hard to find smb there who service you with smile or say good morning, good evening or thank you. I have been very shocked with the attitude of one of the waiters called Perikli who one day take away from my hand very aggressively the food I took for my boy, unless I have negotiated with his boss for it.
Unbelievable attitude for a waiter of a 4 star hotel!!!
I’m strongly recommended to take care from him!!!
Near 60% of the personal (as I can guess from my experience) are students who are doing their practice in the hotel. They have been used as waiters in restaurant and bars, which I find unacceptable.
This hotel has a beautiful beach and garden. The building is newly reconstructed but you can find still non reconstructed rooms. The toilet of my room has a wrong hydraulic connection and smell badly.
The hall of this hotel is like a warehouse and does not satisfy the EU safety standards for children and babies because windows and doors are from massive glasses and without any sign to distinguish them. So, I saw my kids to knock the glass of windows with head.
The Wi-Fi is available only in the hall and beach and is very, very slowly.

In the beach Xhimi and Billi (pseudo names of an Albanian and Greek gentlemen who manage the beach area and the beach bar) are the most wanted people. They knew very well their job and we have enjoyed their help, fun, support and excellent attitude. Thank you again guys.
I would like also to thanks by heart, the 2 maidens of room service for their wonderful work and kind attitude. These women were obliged to work 10-11 hours a day and unless the tiredness that was obvious in their face, they always smile and tried to fulfill all our needs. Sometimes they are obliged to knock at the room in the sleeping time (14-16) and they look very ashamed for it but we understand that this is not their fault. Based on normal working standards there are needed 6 maidens per floor to serve for a regular service instead of these 2.

Room Tip: Do not believe in what is offered without checking before. I have booked an executive room for 2adul...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I remember this hotel 35 years ago, it was an example of perfect hotel at that time. I can see a lot of improvements since than but a lot of important matters are neglected. The pools are DIRTY, the main hall is like a warehouse, and sometimes only one receptionist to handle the crowd. The sand on the beach is brought from somewhere and it looks like it is a sand from a river. A lot of stones in the water ( which can be easily removed before the season like the neighboring hotel did).
I can agree with all the bad comments about the beach with the rest of the reviewers.

The coverage of internet can be improved on the whole yards and rooms ( more access points) , it is just a small amount of money. Also the speed is poor, so this can be improved. I bought myself a internet pack ( 10 days 4 GB for 15 euros ) from the local provider shop in nearby town so I can be relaxed in my room.

I am happy that I got a deluxe suite, which I have no complains ( I paid for a standard suite ).
No remarks on the food, no remarks on the personal ( lot of them are Russians which is understandable as most of the guests are Russian ). Public toilets are clean. The garden is very very nice. The children playground and the Mickey house MUST be renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for either hotel main building rooms, or ask for Deluxe suits which are just renovated and in a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kassandra Palace? Share your experiences!