“It can be very good depending on the price you pay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Petrino Suites Hotel

You added Petrino Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Petrino Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Afitos main street | kassandra Halkidiki, Afitos 63077, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Afitos
Karditsa, Greece
“It can be very good depending on the price you pay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is very nice place to stay, but with some problems.

We stayed there for four days and they moved us to another room at the third day. So we had to pack all our stuff and unpack everything just for one more day.

The two rooms that we stayed in were very different both in interior space arrengement and especially in the bathrrom area. The first room bathroom was unacceptable for the money they asked. The second room bathroom on the other hand was really great. The design of the rooms/suites is fantastic with old-looking furniture and great atmosphere, suitable for couples but not for families with litle children since there is a ladder in order to get to the bed area.

Breakfast was above average, the staff was polite (though we didn't actually need any staff help).

The place itself is fantastic, inside a big garden with lots of trees everywhere, but the location is not well chosen since it is exactly on the main road and some rooms get to be rather noisy.

The pool was just ok, large but rather old.

So in the end we got mixed feelings. Great place but with some details that make you think that it'snot worth the money it asks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nice location wiyh a lot of wipes around the swingpool. Very good restaurants but in half board drinks arfe not included.
In my point of view service hour for restarantns are not convinent:
- breakfast start at 8.30 and if you take in consideration distantce to the beach, you can not be on the beach before 9.30
- dinner start at 20.30

For the beach is it necessary to use car and my recomandation is to not go in Afitos beach.

Room Tip: Do not accept junior suite nb. 212. There are wasp's nest in front of door and very aggresive! I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Casorate Sempione, Lombardia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

hello I have just returned with my family fm Petrino Hotel
My experience 'was extremely positive, with a serene and comfortable rooms bathed in a pleasant and colorful garden
The pool very large and attractive.
Necessary to move the car along the peninsula where you can find beautiful beaches, we suggest a visit to the central peninsula where the beaches are more beautiful and wild
A particular emphasis on politeness and friendliness of staff of Petrino ... point out in particular Mary and Krina really kind as well as cute

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are returning guests to this hotel and enjoyed our vacation once again.
The Village: Afitos is one of the most beautiful villages on Kassandra, with really nice stone houses, views and small restaurants. Although the Afitos beach is not too bad, there is a possibility to go to the Sani resort beach (15km) by car too, where it is excellent.
Hotel: The big disadvantage is that it is not near the sea and is not in the village. So better to be with a car, you will need it for going to the beach as well.
Otherwise, if you are not fan of the sandy beach, in the hotel there is magnificent pool and wi-fi so you can stay there the whole day.
The stone houses of the hotel are very good with veranda where you can relax and take a glace of wine or beer. Probably as we are returning, we knew the hotel staff and everyone was very polite with us.
The biggest asset of this hotel is the restaurant - the food is really great and tasty and the prices compared to the Afitos restaurants are similar or even cheaper.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

we were honeymooners this spring -26 May and had booked 4 junior suites for the occasion. We arrived early after the wedding and wanted to take some photos, but the receptionist was very impolite, and didnt even wished us for the wedding!!She wasnt helpful and we searched alone for good places to shoot. Although she upgrated our room , there was no wedding decor or even some rose petals on the bed. When we complained she said that we should pay extra money to book the wedding suite (for some freakin'candles!!) and that she would send us a fruit salad(!!!!)-she did afterall along with a cheap champaign!!
All the receptionists were impolite, and didnt help us or congratulated us for the wedding!(we had paid all the amount in advance).We dont reccomend it for honeymooners eventhough its a romantic place, but the people there dont make you feel newlywed at all!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Eleni V, Manager at Petrino Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Petrino Suites. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. It is the first time that a honeymoon couple has left the hotel with a negative feeling.
We would like to inform you that our honeymoon suite provides the following: private swimming pool, fuitsalald and sparkling wine, free masage for the couple and a private candelight dinner at the veranda of the suite. The Front Desk employee Maria Papastergiou has informed me that she made you a free upgrade to a Senior Suite as you were honeymooners and ofcourse when you check in she gave you her best wishes .

The hotel complimentary offered a nice plate with fruits and a Sparkling wine Asti Martini, but not in your arrival (as it is a hotel policy to serve them during the guest stay) but later in the afteroon.

Concerning the photo shooting , You have asked us if you could use the hotel area to have some photos and I personally informed you that you can choose ανυ place you prefer. I believe I was very helpful and also very polite because both you and your husband thank me twice.

I am truly sorry that we have not met your expectations. I believe that if you had informed me during your stay in our hotel about your dissapointment, I am sure that I would done everything possible to spend unforgetable holidays.

Please feel free to contact to the hotel and I personally will do my best to plan for you a second Honeymoon .

Best regards

Helen Varsakeli

If you come back to our hotel/tourism business/restaurant I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.”
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I read the trip advisor reviews with interest before booking my 14 night stay at Petrino, and noted the criticism that some guests had made. Frankly, I'm often surprised at the ridiculously high expectation levels (especially when compared to price) that some guests exhibit...it's almost as if they feel it is their duty to find fault rather than to give an honest assessment of the facilities!

Here's my view of what we experienced;
1. The staff were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
2. Our room was cleaned daily, to a very high standard. Bare stone walls can cause a bit of dust but I was very impressed by the standards of cleanliness.
3. Road noise. Yes, the hotel is on a fairly busy road but I never found it obtrusive. I live in a city so perhaps I'm used to a bit of noise. Don't book if you're expecting monastic levels of silence!
4. The pool area is relatively small but most guest tend to use the facilities at the sister hotel on the beach so it was never too busy.
5. No, the gardens aren't up to Royal Hoticultural Society levels of presentation (but if I wanted that I'd go to Kew Gardens). The trees do provide nice shade and a modicum of privacy when you're sitting on the terrace.
6. Bird noise. This one really made me laugh! Trees are used by birds the world over. At dusk they return to the trees to roost and for about half an hour their calls can be heard. It's hardly a failing of the hotel!
7. Food was of a very high standard, particularly the fresh grilled fish. A few more authentic Greek dishes might be nice ( such as home made dolmades and moussaka).

I'm very glad I took a chance and booked at Petrino. I will definitely visit again in the future.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This place is peacefull, quite and calming. If you wanna have a good rest from the everyday stress, go to Petrino. We have spent 10 days (family with one child) in Petrino and really got relaxed. Hotel is excellent for families. The beach is far from the hotel, so you need to go to the beach by car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Petrino Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!