“Just lovely!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Afitos
Rome, Italy
“Just lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have spent a few days there in several occasions in the past two years. I have been there with my partner, alone, with friends and with my parents. I loved it all the times! The hotel is located close to a lovely bay in Afitos, enjoys a very private location and the beach (solely reserved to the hotel's customers) is nice and right in front of the hotel. The two available outdoor swimming pools are very nice and never too crowded. Food is very good! I all the times book the half-board option (breakfast and dinner) and I simply love it. The buffet is made of a large variety of dishes, including Greek ones, freshly made desserts and grilled food coming directly from the nearby fireplace - the cook lets you chose the meat and grills it there. The staff are excellent! They are all kind, professional, very helpful e.g. I asked to change my parents' room so that they would stay in the main building (not in the nearby little building which is part of the hotel) and they did it no problem though the hotel appeared almost fully booked. Rooms are comfortable, clean and some of them have a stunning sea view - though very simply furnished, nothing extremely luxurious. The outdoor parking is relatively easy though at times I had some trouble in finding a good spot. There is a nice variety of little pubs and tavernas in the nearby town - I always use the car to go there, my parents walked and they said it is relatively close (some 10 minutes) though up hill. It is a place to relax, do not expect parties and "crazy nights" - for which you can anyway drive a little. Thessaloniki is one hour and a half away by car, I recommend avoiding the driving to Afitos on summer week ends (especially mornings) because you may have to wait in line for a while. I will certainly go back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building. Sea view rooms are better but very pricy - the "mountain&q...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Please be carrefull with this hotel the reservation department is playing some nasty games...as we didnt want the room we werent asking for and they were pushing us to take that, they have told us we shouldt come to their hotel, but a day after we have sent the 50% deposit ( of course for the room we have choosen)...it was even problem to get the storno from them.. but the money are not back yet...after month and a half...they are not replaying my mails but on the phone promising they will sent it, or they already made that etc....Sayin sth like I have to talk to my manager, or ask in the account.department, but there are working only 2sisters and a brother-childern of a owner.
And I think it has the last 4th star only because they have wellness..
Im in a contact with some other guests from last year ( we have stayed in that hotel for honemoon last year), they have almost same expirience...they didnt give them the baby cot, put them to other room they have paid for and as she was already pregnant her daughter was kicking her all nigt to her belly....so is that normal???

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Athanasios_Voevodas, General Manager at Afitis Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear reviewer,

representing a hotel group with up to a half century of history in the hotel industry, it is really the very first time that we come in front such a misleading & suspicious review like yours. Our hotels handle more than 15,000 arrivals every year and as it is wise some cancellations always occur from our highly respective clients, though we strive always taking in mind our cancellation policy to refund all deposits back as soon as we can. Some delays might occur but that happens quite rarely and last no more that 20 days since verification is always mandatory from both our reservations & account department for all deposits to be refunded. Although we do realize the importance of money and we do our best to avoid highly bureaucratic procedures and that reflects to the fact that any of those refunds does not delay more than 20 days. Additionally, a hotel group counting such a huge number of arrivals & thus clients does not aim of course to delay, let alone cheating any one's penny's with all respect to our clients, since that is our priority anyway. We do not also understand the fact that since this reviewer has already received her money back with a delay no more than 20 days and has not even visited our premises to dare arguing that in such big hotel could anyway 3 brothers handle 15,000 arrivals and even more to argue that the current hotel could ever cheat even a penny. Of course it is visible to everyone to realize everyone's ethics and culture's background by uploading something unbelievably fake and thus our companies already took its legal measures to protect its benefits.

We thank once again all those clients who continuously show their preferences to our services for 50 years now.
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Small beautiful hotel. The location is perfect, the beach is rocky but the water is crystal clear and you can see many fishes and small octopus.
We paid for double room whit partly sea view but when we get there they give us room whit mountain view. I make complain and the receptionist told us that they are make mistake and because of this they give us junior suit with sea view.
Food was perfect and very delicious.

Room Tip: Take room with sea view, not mountain view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kolchugino, Vladimir, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Everything was gorgeous! The sea, the sun, the beach, the hotel!!! Really, unforgettable vocations. Especially thanks to Vasiliy - he helped us every time, and we appreciate the kindness of waitress Helena by name! Her kindness quite overwhelmed. And, of course, we much obliged to managers from the reception - Lizzi and Ognezhka - they are always sociable and polite! Best wishes, Afitis Hotel! Good Luck!
The Sarychev’s from Russia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nicosia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I booked my holidays through internet in this "so called" superb hotel offering a great environment and superb facilities at a reasonable price. We arrived at the hotel -my wife and I- and the friendly Polish receptionist quoted "Oh you have a booking for our studios....
(Bell number 1_) The studios are located next door in fact 500 hundred meters from the hotel and of course you have to pay in advance !!! (bell no 2).
The studios turned out to be at a distance of five minutes from the Hotel ...if you have a car of course.!
If you decide to go on foot be prepared for an uphill struggle!! of 10 minutes(there is a shortcut here.) Of course don't worry you can always use the Hotel's facilities any time since they are included in the quoted (remember prepaid price !!).
We ended in a miniature room with basic furniture no window dirty floor and a very bad smell.
You find yourself in a place where you feel like a fly being stuck on a rock with no privacy whatsoever. And of course do not forger the promised 4 star hotel facilities awaiting for you 10 minutes away....
If you want to take a shower ,wash the left part of yourself first,then get out turn round and squeeze in your other half in the shower cubicle!!
Onother thing do not stay there on a Sunday. We were left with an uncleaned room for two days,without toilet roll.
I complained all right. The friendly Polish receptionist could do nothing about it,the reservations lady is still trying to contact Top management,and Top Management is still missing.
I will finish here with this. It is a shame to promise your customer accommodation and facilities of a certain standard and ruin their Holidays under false representations
I am glad that Trip Advisor is around ,to warn other innocent travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've made my reservation throughout the Afitis Hotel website a month before the arrival. All i knew was that I was planning a vacation in Halkidiki. After a careful review of many hotels I decided to pick Afitis. Mainly because the pictures on their website told a beautiful story about peace, quietness and relaxation. And of course it was located near the beach... So, that's a plus in my book.
At first I had some problems with my reservation but as it turned out the next day everything was solved. Like many on TripAdvisor I was placed in a different room. But I think that this is a common mistake everywhere in the world. Depends on your luck. Anyway, we were pretty beaten after the 770km drive throughout Romania, Bulgaria and finally Greece and we immediately felt very angry about the misunderstanding. But all in all, everything got sorted out.
The second day we began to experience the wonderful hospitality of the greeks. The services are excellent. The staff is very nice, always smiling to you and ready to accommodate you with everything you need. The food, drinks and cocktails are great. They are doing a great job. There is no high-level food (maybe you'll find it at the "A La Carte" restaurant that I've never been yet) but you don't feel like something's lacking. The garden is amazing. Palm trees, roses, a beautiful green lawn, stone pathways, orange and pomegranate trees. These days I will upload some more pictures.
Overall, I think that I will be back here next year. Although I'm still here, I wish that I could've stayed much, much longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was located on the beach.We stayed in a room with sea view in villa sofia, which was next to the main building. İt was an average room with a nice balcony.
The hotel in general was good but lacks some final touch in decoration. The reception area was not tasteful for a beach hotel,but more suitable for a city hotel,for example.
On the other hand, outdoor areas were nicely decorated. İt has a rather small beach with beautiful sea.
Breakfast was good.
We could not get hot water to take a shower in the bathroom during our entire stay. When we asked the reception about this, they said that the capacity was not enough for the entire hotel and it was always like that between 20.00-21.00 hrs when eveybody got shower so recommanded us to be patient. This was not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. Anyway, there was not hot water in the morning neither. We had to shower with cold water.
İn summary, it was ok for us for two days to stay. Afitos is the nicest town to stay to see Kassandra.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Afitis Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!