It's difficult to review this wonderful property without repeating whats already been said, particularly in the most recent, excellent review by Clayheads.
Although committed Grecophiles, we hadn't been to this area before but we were familiar with Afitos. We only happened to come across the Aegean Blue after a truly extensive and exhaustive search following a last minute decision to cancel our original holiday and boy, are we so glad we did.
It was just perfect for us in every way. Our absolute essentials are -
nice pool area
The Aegean ticked all the boxes and more
An onsite bar serving snacks is also a big plus plus but only if it's not open till daft o'clock and we're not kept awake by the drunks rocking in at 4am as we unfortunately had experienced elsewhere. Certainly not the case here!
Sophia and George are the perfect hosts, extremely helpful and friendly without being intrusive.
We had a few days of bad weather but thanks to Georges wonderful hospitality the mood remained decidedly upbeat.
Having found this little gem we were bitterly disappointed to hear that Thomas Cook have dropped the whole area for next year. Goodness knows why. It gives Thomsons the monopoly as the only provider of direct flights from Manchester, needless to say they are charging the most ridiculously high prices as a result.
However I'm sure we will return to Afitos and wouldn't stay anywhere else than Aegean Blue, its not rated number 1 for nothing! (It's possible to book the accommodation direct with Sophia)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly,family,quiet complex of studios on a unique location at the edge of a cliff at the picturesque village of Afitos.Shared in 3 buildings, first operated 2004,in a garden of 1500 sq.m overlooking the beach and with a breathtaking view to Toroneos gulf and Sithonia peninsula.All studios sea view,self catering,sat tv,a/c, free wifi, daily cleaning also large swimming pool with jacuzzi, children pool,private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aegean Blue Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Blue Studios Hotel Afitos
- Aegean Blue Studios Afitos, Halkidiki, Greece