We stayed at the Aegean Blue in June 2012 for a week. As soon as we were told that the coach couldn't get down the village roads to the property and we were transferring to a mini bus, we knew we were heading somewhere peaceful and genuinely Greek. The other reviews here have said it all really, and I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's lovely. George and Sophia are excellent hosts. There are 16 studios and about 6 apartments in a newer building. Sophia said most of the rooms were taken the week we were there, but there were always sunbeds available and the pool area never felt crowded, in fact sometimes it was as though we had our own private pool! Many nationalities use the studios which adds to their charm,(especially as the European football was on when we were there!). Afitos is a lovely village, just a short stroll away, with numerous bars and restaurants serving simple, delicious local food. The beach below the village is very pretty, albeit with a steep uphill walk at the end of the day. We travelled with Thomas Cook and our rep Chrysafis lived in the village. He was very helpful, had a great sense of humour and always said hello if he spotted us in the village. There had been a lot of negativity in the UK about visiting Greece in the weeks before we left, people saying it would be really expensive, the ATMs would run out of money, there might be rioting, the supermarkets would be empty etc etc. Nonsense! I'm vegetarian so my meals were cheaper than my omnivore other half, but even so we were only paying about 30 euros for an evening meal for 2 with wine (1.20 euros to the £ when we went) and we had no problems finding provisions for lunches and breakfast in the village. We wanted a week away to unwind and relax and this delivered, with bells on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly,family,quiet complex of studios on a unique location at the edge of a cliff at the picturesque village of Afitos.Shared in 3 buildings, first operated 2004,in a garden of 1500 sq.m overlooking the beach and with a breathtaking view to Toroneos gulf and Sithonia peninsula.All studios sea view,self catering,sat tv,a/c, free wifi, daily cleaning also large swimming pool with jacuzzi, children pool,private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Aegean Blue Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Blue Studios Hotel Afitos
- Aegean Blue Studios Afitos, Halkidiki, Greece