“one of the better ones in Lokeren !” 4 of 5 stars

09 339 05 16
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Lokeren
Oudenaarde, Belgium
“one of the better ones in Lokeren !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have tried this one several times and was only (a bit) disappointed in a 1:8 ratio . To make myself clear : for each bad experience , I've got 8 very good ones . Nice menu that changes often , decent prices and good produce . For those who had a bad experience : go back , you won't be disappointed ...

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Belgium
“A different experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

I go to this restaurant quite often, and I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I suppose a bad day is always possible, but, even though this is a brasserie and not a michelin star restaurant, I have always been satisfied. Food is good, varying from traditional and regional to more surprising dishes. Service is normally pleasant, without fuss. Atmosphere is loose, a place where a lot of people know each other.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Service: Epic Fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I get it it's Belgium and service isn't what I'm used to in the US but it was completely atrocious. We walk in and wait a bit before they say that they will clear a table and sat at the bar. We wait and wait and another pair walks in and presumes to sit at the table that was supposed to be cleared for us. We manage to grab a server and they did ask the pair to move. So before someone else could take out table again we sat down at the dirty table and we sat there for about 40 minutes before anyone even looked at us. Then they finally cleared the table and gave us menus and a drink. We waited a LONG time for anything to happen, food to be ordered and brought but eventually over an hour and a half later after we sat down we finally got our food. Unfortunately, I didn't like my food but I don't think it's the fault of the chef but my taste buds.
We had wanted another drink after we had finished our first during the meal but there was no way to get any service. The waiters walked with their eyes to the ground becasue if they looked up they'd see lots of people waving them down for service All the tables around us were equally desperate for service.
It was that they were maximizing profits by only having 3 waiters in a packed restaurant which also had to run the bar, and for some reason it was packed. We never got a second drink and even though we wanted desert we didn't dare order it becasue we would have to spend another hour at least in the restaurant and we had already been there for so long that we just wanted to leave. We did get our bill but no one came around to collect the money so my boyfriend wet up to the bar and waited there for about 10 minutes before they even looked at him there. I'd never wanted to run out on a bill more since the waiters weren't even around to see you.
They won't have my business again becasue of the horrendous service.