“A Great Week at Rosie's” 5 of 5 stars

Rosy's Little Village
Skliri 1 | Agistri Island /Saronic Gulf, 18010, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Angistri
Tega Cay, SC
“A Great Week at Rosie's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Rosie's is about the best place I've ever found to relax. Spent a week there recently to attend a Nia Workshop. Went swimming in crystal clear waters, kayaking and ate the best Greek food ever. Eric is a sensational chef. All the staff is wonderful, helpful and friendly. Try it, you'll love it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Tega Cay, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My trip was a combination business (I led a Nia Tequnique Retreat) and pleasure. This was my 2nd time @ Rosy's and the feeling was as comforting as the 1st time I stepped foot there! The sense of belonging permeates the air! Rosy and the rest of the crew are so very accommodating, taking care of ALL little details that one might come up with, making one's stay tranquil and filled w/ease! The set up is quaint, rustic and very comfortable! The pathways around the "village" filled w/flowers and herbs intensify the senses, alongside the sea, the air and views! If you're looking for a place to loose yourself, then find it anew and rejuvenated, "Rosy's Little Village" is definitely the place! No need to look elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a business trip in the sense I was attending a group studying Nonviolent Communication Skills for a week, the organisers using Rosy's hotel as a residential venue for the work. Nonviolent Communication is a set of skills and attitudes that enable the creation and maintenance of connection between people, and Rosy and her family and staff are a very good example of how to do that so all the guests are happy, well-fed, nurtured, and supported to follow their interests while on holiday and/or studying. It happened that my family joined me for holiday time there, and Rosy and Nondas made sure that my daughter and little grand-daughter were well looked after on their journey from Athens Airport to Piraeus and on to Agistri. It is the extra personal touch on top of the efficient service that makes all the difference, and the welcome genuine. In terms of the island, I particularly recommend hiring Mopeds or riding bikes to get to the other side of the island which also has beautiful lagoons and beaches, and also exploring Mylos which has a delightful network of small lanes to wander through. I went in September when the weather and sea temperature were absolutely perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

To be honest it was a bit of a shock after the relative luxury of a central Athen's hotel to find the simply furnished rooms of Rosy's Little Village. However, it certainly didn't take us very long to adjust to the pretty rustic charm of the buildings and beautiful location that is Rosy's. We had pre-booked the highspeed Dolphin service between Piraeus and Agistri which took us into Milos harbour and after a very short bus ride we found our destination. Note that Rosy and/or Nondas will happily pick you up or deliver you to whichever harbour you need on the island. Our room was a good size and at an upper level of the small complex (No 11) which ensured a fantastic sea view overlooking the bay across to Aegina. The bathroom although extremely small incorporated everything required with plenty of hot water! The double bed was somewhat cosy in size but comfortable with an additional quilt available if needed. One quilt was not quite large enough to cover us both!

The rooms were inobtrusively cleaned each day and we couldn't fault the cleanliness of the hotel in any way.

We found no need to venture out at night to eat as the changed daily menu specials were more than enough to satisfy us. A good selection of both meat and vegetarian dishes beautifully and simply cooked with lashings of olive oil and herbs. The waiting staff were all without exception friendly, helpful and efficient.

At the end of September we had no problem with mosquitoes but there were a few wasps which some how knew when we were eating something sweet but this would be true of the UK of course.

This holiday captured everything about Greece remembered of old but with 21st century additions, eg wi-fi readily available, wholemeal, healthy breakfast options, smart matching sunloungers and umbrellas and the free use of bikes.

Finally, the real difference between the Athen's hotel and Rosy's was the personal touch. Over a cooler couple of days Rosy was most anxious that we should not be cold and offered us socks and jackets etc. Nondas also took us around the whole island by boat with a swim in a fabulous lagoon on the way completely free of charge. I rest my case!

Room Tip: We were more than pleased with room no 11 which had an unimpeded view across the bay to Aegina.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time we have stayed at Rosys ... the first time we have gone back to somewhere for a summer holiday.

When we came in 2011 we enjoyed it so much and walked/cycled around the island. In fairness, there is not a great deal to Agistri the island (we hardly ventured anywhere this time) but the small cocoon that is Rosys is simply superb.

It is almost too difficult to explain what is so special about Rosys - it is almost intangible - but you will enjoy fantastic sunshine by clear blue waters secluded from any signs of mass tourism. The food and service are outstanding with friendly kind and attentive staff. Nondas and Rosy know their customers so well and realise that people want to relax and enjoy simplicity.

There is no glitz but I can confidently predict that you'll enjoy your holiday so much you will want to return.

But ssssh ... don't tell too many people.

• Stayed September 2013
Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I said to a friend that I wanted to get away for a while, she suggested Agistri and she was right. She had no idea about Rosy's place though and when I got back she wanted to kill me.

Rosy's was like a dream. I spent there 8 nights and arrived after six months of intense work and managed to forget everything. The clear blue water, the staff, the atmosphere. Everything is so relaxing. I went hiking and visited Ageina but I could easily stayed the whole time at Rosy's.

This is the first place (aside from places like New York etc.) that I would really like to go back to. and for me, Agistri equals Rosy's.

and please - you must try the fresh orange juice. you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I just LOVED this place. Talk about heaven on earth. I have never de-stressed so easily. The minute I arrived and met the lovely Rosy all my stress completely melted. From the white buildings, blue doors, to the clear blue water, this place was idyllic. The rooms are basic but fantastic, we had a balcony and sea view. Waking up to this view was amazing. The staff were so friendly and genuinely nice. You can bike or use the canoes or just relax on a lilo in the water. We swam, we relaxed and we ate fresh fish every day. Grilled in front of us. I stayed 4 days and never left. We ate every meal there. I just loved it so much I didn't want to leave. There are sun loungers right on the water and you can just relax all day long or make it an active holiday. It was seriously just bliss and I cannot wait to go back. Just like a scene from Mamma Mia. And so easy to get to from Athens. Thank you Rosy x

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Rosy's Little Village? Share your experiences!