“Con Merchants.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Con Merchants.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family of 12 were on a day trip from Kassiopi and were on the lookout for a suitable taverna to provide our evening meal, we pondered a while over the menu which was displayed when a smooth talking host assured us that all the food was freshly cooked on the premises unlike the other tavernas in the area who microwaved their food so we decided that we would eat here. The 5 elder members of my family all plumped for the 'Fish and Chips' one ordered a pizza, one spaghetti bolognese and the others went for a recommended Greek platter. We waited for over 40 minutes for our meal and when it did arrive.....Well, the fish was a dark grey colour, it was dried up and cold as were the chips which were overcooked oven chips. My neice 's pizza was absolutely appalling, It looked as though it had been cooked hours before and stored in a heater, she complained straight away and they admitted it wasn't up to standard and said they would replace it....after another 25 minutes it arrived, completely different from the first offering It was very nice, it looked and tasted as though it had been made by a pizza franchise! The Spaghetti Bolognese was very very dry and salty. The rest of our party who had the greek platter all said that it was too salty. I complained and asked to see the host who had assured us that the food was good but was told that he was the boss and had (conveniently) gone home for his break, The waiter I spoke tp apologised profusely but offered no recompense and as our boat was shortly due to return to Kassiopi, we paid and quickly departed.
I would advise anyone visiting Corfu Town to avoid these con merchants at all costs.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Ioannina, Greece
“Dishonest staff, expensive, avoid it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Being Greek, I could say that there are much better restaurants than that!!We asked for the sea food plate and we were explained that it includes sardines, octapus, squid and prawns. When it arrived we were surprized by the fact that it included squid and prawns and another kind of fish. When we informed the waiter about the misunderstanding his answer was "my collegue didn't know, you should have asked me". I think that behavior is not professional. The food average, small portions,expensive, staff is nice till you sit down, the food arrived 40 minutes after our order. I wouldn't suggest it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Greatest and Freshest Food I've Ever Eaten!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The food is grown by the people who work here. The vegetables are very flavorful and hummus is the best I've tasted in my life and I've been eating it for a long time. I'm also vegan and is a good place for other like me

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Gregorio and the whole staff was funny, friendly, and welcoming. It is a fun place to get a bite to eat, sit, and people watch.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Charming place, nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great service from Gregorio and a nice meal (by his grandmother!) - We are Greek and can tell good food! Also the restaurant is set in a very charming little pedestrian street/plaza. Either those below with bad reviews just had bad luck, or this place has improved a lot after that! We ordered lamb, chicken, calamari, salad, and kolokithokeftedes (zucchini balls); portions were big and not overpriced at all. Nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food