“Wonderful! Great Place, Great Family!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nazos Hotel

You added Nazos Hotel to your Saves list
Nazos Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Above the School of Fine Arts, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
New York City
“Wonderful! Great Place, Great Family!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I have never written a review for a hotel or anything else on TripAdvisor before. I read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor and I felt compelled to add my own thoughts.

First off, this hotel was GREAT! And I mean PERFECT for what we were looking for in Mykonos. This was my first trip to the island and I did not know what to expect. Well, let me tell you - the place is magical. An amazing experience that I hope to repeat many many times, and each time, you can be sure I will stay at Hotel Nazos. My partner and I had also visited Ibiza during that same trip and we had a horrendous experience with a hotel being dirty and not having air conditioning (as was advertised). The hotel in Ibiza refused to refund our credit card, and we refused to stay there. Because of this experience, when we got to Hotel Nazos, we refused to give our credit card before seeing the room we were to be given. Kalliope, the owner's mother, did not seem to understand why we were soo concerned, but she still immediately made it clear to us that she was prepared to go out of her way to accomodate us, however that may be. Apparently, the reason she did not understand our concern is because Hotel Nazos is not only clean, but has a "warm" atmosphere (with great air conditioning) and is well situatued directly outside the town so the guests are close to everything and still removed from the hustle and bustle of the Chora (Mykonos Town) nightlife. There is not a more perfect location in Mykonos, in my opinion. Clearly, Kalliope couldn't even imagine why we were concerned - because she knew already what we didn't yet know, which was that the hotel is a gem, and is operated by a wonderful charming and accomodating family. Furthermore, Kalliope and her husband Nikos are the kindest, warmest people you will meet while on this island. They love to chat with their guests, and they are very concerned to make sure that all of your needs are met and your questions are answered. I am still astounded by the level of service I recieved from this hotel. Not to mention, Nikos, gave us a ride to the airport free of charge, at 5:30 a.m., and we didn't even ask for it! This service was offered to us out of kindness! We had no idea at the time that this was an amenity that they offered.

What really prompted me to write this review, however, are two other reviews which have given this hotel a not so great rating. I strongly feel the need to address these for other travelers who may become unnecessarily concerned by them

BocaRob has insinuated that the Hotel Nazos family were trying to "swindle" him and that George has somehow acted unfairly or unprofessionally. I can tell you that from my experience, these folks do not have it in them to do this. They have a great business, I am sure with many repeat clients and they have no reason to try to swindle people. I admit, I have never met George, although I did meet his sister Sofia, who was also very friendly and charming. I have had several emails with George though regarding my return trip to Mykonos this August, 2009. George has proven to be every bit as accomodating and helpful as his parents are, and I am already assured that I will have yet ANOTHER great time at Hotel Nazos. These are great people! If you are not great people, don't go there. But otherwise, enjoy the hotel and the whole Nazos family. They are wonderful! I can't wait to be back there again.

Also, Kanpi, who complains that her friends room had no balcony or view of the ocean - what can you possibly expect when you admittedly travel someplace and don't book a room before you get there? Obviously, you will not get the best choice of rooms, you will get what is available or leftover, It is unfair to give this place a bad rating based on the fact the you didn't make an advance booking and still didn't get their best room. If having a beautiful ocean view is such an important factor, I stronlgly reccomend making a booking before you get to the island. That is exactly what I did and I was given a fantastic room with a very nice view.

The bottom line is that while Hotel Nazos is not a "luxury hotel", yet it is a truly luxurious experience in a place where luxury is not defined by 500 thread count sheets, but luxury is the richness of the culture that you will experience from the hearts of these native Mykonians. Luxury is location - on a hill with a beautiful view overlooking the bay. Luxury is going down to the bar in the morning and having a nice breakfast cooked for you by an amazing Greek woman who can tell you all about the island while you eat. If you stay at Hotel Nazos, you will get so much more than you pay for. Hotel Nazos defined my trip to Mykonos. See you again in August!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

The location is great !! The hotel is in the town but not to close to the center to avoid noise . The rooms are simple & with great view . The service is great as the mother of the owner makes homemade breakfast for the guests .
The enviroment is very friendly , cosy & you get an idea how original cyclade architecture is .
The island is famous for nightlife but as in every greek islands there are always places that you combine fan with relaxation .
The beaches are all sandy & clean .

Definatelly a place to visit for summer holidays .

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

This family runned hotel is fabulous. Where do I start. The family was very wonderful to both my wife and I. They were kind and very courteous. George was more than helpful with any questions or accomodation request we had.

The rooms are kept very excellent, clean and top notch.

This trip will be forever remember, as had it not been for our special friends at Nazos hotel, our trip would not have been as awesome and memorable as it was.

George, thank you and your family and your friends for allowing us to feel right at home in our home at Nazos hotel.

This hotel and the family that owns it. they are Ola Kala!!!

PS>

George tell the bike i miss it very much. I will get better at backgammon and then I challenge the master for his title.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you and your family did for us to make your mykonos My Mykonos ...

EFharistro

Jag and Saran Biring
May 2009

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

George, member of this family hotel pick up us at the port at midnight, on the first day of our 3 days trip in Mykonos without any issue. After 3 minutes, we were at the hotel and we got a really clear briefing of how to survive in this city. :)

We had a wonderful experience with George during these 3 days, he has invited us for free to his family lamb party and we have discovered a lot of the Greek history, story and culture with him.

After a coffee competition and having trying many local drinks at the local bar, we had the feeling of not being only a guest but a good friend of him. The hotel is small, very quiet, and we got a large room with a perfect view on Mykonos (a must...see picture) We have tried many hotels on different Island and the quality of the room reflect perfectly what we expected to get. (Comfortable bed, fridge, conditioned air, etc)

We had a lot of fun at hotel Nazos and we wish to come back one day!

NB: If you plan to visit this Island, I recommend you to rent a quad and visit the small village.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Nazos Hotel? Share your experiences!