“unforgetable vacations in mykonos” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nazos Hotel

You added Nazos Hotel to your Saves list
Nazos Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Above the School of Fine Arts, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Athens, Greece
“unforgetable vacations in mykonos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

i had a fantastic time staying at nazos hotel located near the city of mykonos...my stay in the hotel was a fab expierience for me...even though i went by myself i felt i was a part of the family in the hotel...it is true what they say of the hospitality of the greeks....especially the mykonians....very helpfull,friendly and always with a smile on their face !!! always attending to my needs....everybody felt like wewere at home!very nice place also for families safe ,clean and relaxed ...........i highly recommend this hotel.....thank you everybody for everything....see you soon!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: just ask what you want and they will help you
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Staying at the Hotel Nazos was the best thing that could happen during the holidays. A very friendly environment, rooms are rustic and beautiful, the ocean view is great and the attention of their own super hot!

I am very happy to have met me Mykonos and stay at the hotel Nazos! I hope to return soon because I miss them!!

Thank you very much for everything!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed at Nazos Hotel for 2 nights in Aug. 2009. It was the summer peak season and Mykonos was full.
The Nazos Hotel seems to be a family owned business. Mr Nazos himself went to the port to pick us up and take us to the hotel. It is located on the hill behind downtown Mykonos and there's actually a nice view from some of its windows.
The hotel is simple and I think it's appropriately priced for what it offers (bear in mind that Mykonos is relatively expensive).
My review would be ok had our stay been uneventful. Unfortunately, somebody broke into our room on our first night, and cleaned my wallet of all cash. Part of this was my mistake, as I had left the room door unlocked when we went to sleep (naively assuming that it could only be opened from the inside). We assume somebody tried and found out the door was unlocked and to his/her luck, my wallet was nearby the door. No credit cards nor electronic equipment were stolen. When we woke up, the door was ajar and soon we realized my wallet was empty. Naively we confronted Mr Nazos, who brought his son and had a long and fruitless discussion that took us nowhere. Of course, they denied everything, argued that we might have been drunk and lost the money somewhere else, blah blah blah.
This soured our experience in Mykonos.
Don't stay at Nazos unless there's no choice, and be very careful with locks and with your belongings.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
hotelnazos, Owner at Nazos Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
I would appreciate if you may remove this review due that it is untrue about what really happen.
I even try to call the police for the accident that you had -as you say - but you did not let me I am wondering why? and yes I had a long conversation with you like I would with any of my client so I can solve any kind of problem and I was not blah blah only. I am very sad with this review for my place. When you lost your money as you said from your room you had left all the doors wide open and nothing else was missing like your mobiles or even your pc. Any way there is a safe box in every room that you could also use but you did not. I am very sad that you lost money.
I am also wondering why you did not write something all these months .Now you are doing so bad to my business by telling to everyone not to come to my hotel .Hopefully there are more reviews and people can read .
Yours sincerely
George Nazos
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Spent 3 nights at Hotel Nazos at the start of August and it is definitely worth it for the location alone. It's only 10 minutes walk into the centre of town, and a 5 minute walk to the main bus station, but still far away enough to not be too noisy at night.

For peak season, the price we paid for our room was very reasonable also. We didn't have a balcony, but the room was still perfectly adequate - good size and clean, although the bathroom was very small (but I find that's standard in a lot of European hotels).

The family running the hotel are absolutely lovely - they even drove us to the ferry at 8am on the morning we left.

Would definitely recommend staying at Hotel Nazos.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I promised George Nazos I would write this review the second I got back to the US. A year later, my partner Nicholas and I decided to read our Greek travel journals to each other out loud over dinner. Remembering my promise, I decided to hop online and make it a reality.

Before I forget, PLEASE PAY IN CASH. The credit card fees for hotel owners in Mykonos are insane, and George loves cash. If you ask nicely enough, he might even hook you up with a sweet secret discount for paying in cash :-) There's an ATM about a 5 minute walk away, in case you need one.

Okay. The hotel. George and his father Nikos met us at the New Port and drove us to the hotel. It was probably the most frightening drive I've ever been on, but also a fabulous adrenaline rush. George insists he got kicked out of the Air Force for taking up too much air space, and I don't doubt it.

The hotel location is PERFECT. Far enough from downtown that it's quiet, but you can walk into either downtown area in 5-10 minutes. It's also up on the hill, and the views at night are great. The rooms are sparse. We laughed when we walked in because the bed was small and the bathroom was tiny. You know what? It didn't matter. You don't go to Mykonos to stay in your hotel room. It was clean, the door locked, the view was amazing, and there was wifi. It got the job done. If I wanted a more premium experience all I had to do was go downstairs and hang out in the big lobby-type of area where George and his family would regale us with talk about how to track ferries online, how Mastic is made, why Greek restaurants don't pay attention to Americans, etc.

On my partner's birthday George actually gave us free shots and then took us to the hottest club in town and bought Nicholas free drinks all night there. George is the closest thing Mykonos has to a celebrity and he is truly magical.

If you're looking for a resort or a luxury spa, do not come to Hotel Nazos. If you're looking for an authentic Greek experience, adventure around every corner, and a hotel owner who know EVERYTHING about Greece and puts everyone else in Greece to shame, then this is the place for you. Did I mention George is hilarious? He is...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Mykonos is not cheap. We paid twice as much here as we did in Crete or the Peleponnese for a room of comparable quality. That said Myknonos is very fun, picturesque, and unique, and I have no regrets about shelling out more money for a few days there. Hotel Nazos is great because it's just up the hill from town, close enough to walk but far enough out of the bustle that you get a good night's sleep. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the family who runs the hotel couldn't have been friendlier. They picked us up at the ferry and dropped us off at the airport, which was super convenient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Well, first of all I reveiwed this hotel once before after a previous visit and gave it an excellent rating for that review too. That said, I went back to this hotel a second time, and I was even happier than the first time. As I previously reported, this hotel is situated about halfway up on a hill that overlooks the town, right at the very edge of the town. Mykonos Town is like a maze of small intertwining streets of shops and cafes and restaurants, bars and a few nightclubs, and is located on a small port. The town is surrounded by hills and this hotel is right there. In my opinion, the location couldn't be more perfect! Being up on the hill, most all rooms have views of both the town and the ocean - amazing and beautiful views. Sunset like no other I have ever seen. Also, you can walk down the hill and be in the town in about 3 minutes walking, maybe less. In five minutes walk you can reach just about any restaurant, bar, or even the dock and the ocean. It's perfectly ideal.

The rooms are spacious and accomodating, there is a mini refrigerator, and a powerful and remote controlled air conditioner. (It works very well when needed!) Each room (except a few "single" rooms) has a very nice balcony that just adds to the views because you can sit out with a nice cold bottle of wine and enjoy the view from the balcony. The ocean breeze in the evening is reliable and refreshing. Each day the room is kept, the beds made, fresh towels provided, etc. Everything that you would expect. These rooms are not "posh and extravagant", but Mykonos is not that type of a place in the first place. It is a beautiful, beachy island with a quaint feel and the locals are very friendly, especially if you take the time to talk with them. This hotel fits right in perfectly with the Mykonian feel. Architecturally, it has the Greek mediterranean feel - white wash walls, blue wood doors, etc....

Hotel Nazos is a family owned and operated hotel, and the people who run it are the most wonderful, down to earth, pleasant, accomodating and friendly people ever. I can't say enough nice things about them. If you provide your flight info before arrival, they will meet you at the airport and drive you to the hotel free ot charge. Not only that, but at the end of your time, they will also provide you free transportation back to the airport. Each morning, breakfast is prepared to order with all freshly delivered foods (at a small cost) but it is home cooked and very tasty! So much better than seeking out a restaurant for breakfast. Any of the family will be happy to provide you info about anything you might ask, from resaturants to beaches to whatever. They are the most pleasant pat of the the stay at Nazos.

I am not going to go into details about the rest of what to do on the island, as this review is meant to be about the hotel, and I am sure that kind of info is available all over the internet. One final thing about Hotel Nazos tho, is that is is priced very very reasonable, one fo the cheapest hotels in the town or even on the island. For the location and the price you can't go wrong. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel, you won't regret the choice!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Nazos Hotel? Share your experiences!