“Fantastic location and beautiful pool!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Pension Matina to your Saves list
Pension Matina
Xondros Gremos, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
“Fantastic location and beautiful pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here with 3 friends in August 2013 and would not hesitate to stay here again! Staff were extremely knowledgable on where to go, helped with restaurant reservations and directions. The pool area was beautiful and kept immaculately clean! You can get a delicious breakfast and eat it by the pool for 5 euro, which we did a few days. Very happy for the free pick up from the port (TIP: ring to organise, not email). Located a 10 minute walk from town which we didn't find inconvenient at all (helped walk off some of the baklava). Oregano restaurant on the next door block is amazing to eat at too.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Things I liked:
- The hotel offers transfer to and from port. That was a huge plus for me! The transfer from port was free - best to email them in advance about your arrival date - but to port cost 10 Euros. It's a short 10-minute downhill walk to the city centre and another 15 minute walk to Little Venice and the windmills.
- The staff were generally very friendly and helpful. They were great at helping me figure out how to get to places and made recommendations on what to see/do.
- My room had a private balcony so I loved having my own space to sun bake during the day.
- Make use of their pool area! It's a nice place to relax and chill.

Two issues I had with the hotel:
- The wi-fi connection wasn't the best. I could never get any connection in my room. I found out from another guest that he had the same issue so he would stay around the pool are just to get reception. I often had to sit in the lobby area to get reception, and to use their laptop.
- In terms of cleaniness, I would only rate this as average as there were a few small stains on my bed sheet and towels.

Despite the above, I would recommend this hotel, as my stay was pleasant enough for the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a studio for one night only and did not expect much. I am used to this class category hotel in mykonos having used them for the last 30 years. The good thing is the room size and the pool area. However I think that room smelling of mould in the summer months should not be rented!

There was an issue with port transfer, I have emailed owner and did not get a reply so I called twice and was promised a pick up, this never happened however we were told a lie that the driver was there and left because of ferry delay, the delay was 10 minutes and every other hotel waited their guest. In Greece they know in the harbour when the arrival time is. So what they told us is unacceptable, they also accused us of having not informed them of the delay from the boat, by calling them !!!

The Lady owner, we were later told she has a very bad reputation in the island, To us she was simply rude and not welcoming. We moved the following day to a much better hotel in the area

Room Tip: high floor room with sea view are not worth the extra money. The rent bike places in the area are ov...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice people, nice place and although its away from the partying, its close enough to the food and culture on offer. The staff are excellent. The rooms are fantastic. The view is splendid! The best hotel I have stayed in while at Mykonos!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Friendly owners, free transfer, spacious rooms, not too clean but hey it's a cheap little pension :) really nice pool and not too far from the town. With a scooter it was a 5 minutes drive. Overall it was a very nice stay and the owners were friendly and available when we needed.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We booked for 3 nights through "booking.com". The most expensive fare in our entire trip to Cyclades.
The room was supposed to overlook the pool and we specifically asked for twin beds.
When we arrived at the hotel, our room overlooked the parking lot and the busy road, and we had a queen size bed. We went to the reception to complain, and were (very aggressively) replied that "the hotel was full and there was no alternative room for us".
No need to say we left and found a friendlier place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Overall, Pension Matina wasn't bad for the price and location. It was of walking distance to Mykonos Town, and the beach. The front desk wasn't too friendly or helpful however which is why I rated this hotel a 3/5.
The pool is absolutely wonderful, and the rooms are spacious. There is a kitchen which comes in handy. Overall, I would come back to Pension Matina.
Also the airport/ferry transportation is great, because its free and convenient!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pension Matina? Share your experiences!