“Not what you expect” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Mykonos Town
nyc
“Not what you expect”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Ostraco Suite at the end of the season last year. I had high expectation and was looking forward to my stay. Upon arrival however, i was shown a room that absolutely didn't fit the description of the one I had booked. I told reception about it and they insisted i was wrong but were willing to give me an upgrade once they realised i wouldn't just take it. The week went Ok but really the place isn't 4 star, not even 3. This was my 2nd time in Greece, last year i went to Santorini and loved it. The experience at Ostraco just spoiled it for me. Breakfast was fine but yes the juice sucked, come on now either you're a real 4 star or you aren't. The cleaning ladies did their best but the room looked worn out and dirty. The pool was nice but really again nothing special, after having been there I don't understand the hype. Worst yet upon check out, they tried to charge me more saying the room I had gotten required additional charge. Crazy, my experience at Ostraco was just out of this world, felt like i was dealing with money hungry people.
I would never return nor recommend. Do yourself a favor, stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stergios the bar man was fantastic he provided a service like no other and made us feel welcome every night and if we asked anything of him he was always wlling to help highly recommend, The hotel is very clean the food is too an excellent qulaity and the staff were always willing to call taxi's etc. When my friend became ill Stergios was so sweet to order him food and take it to him and look after my friend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in Mykonos during xlsior festival and had an amazing time there. the atmosphere in the hotel is really nice and friendly. All the interior is kept in white and is really elegant. The poolarea is amazing, espacially after a long night out you can relax and get some food. the miniburgers were really good altough not really mini :)

but the best thing about our stay was the staff. especially stergios, one of the barkeepers was supernice. we had such a great time hanging out at the hotelbar before going to town.

i would definately recommend to stay at ostraco suites and probably will come back again next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at Ostraco Suites on September 15th and it was the best day of my life! I had both the ceremony and reception there and everything was absolutely perfect: the decoration, the food (THE FOOD!), the drinks, the atmosphere, the layout - it was all too beautiful for words. The staff were so amazing and joined in the fun too! Usually couples have their wedding elsewhere before doing the reception at the hotel, but it was a great idea to have the whole wedding day at Ostraco Suites, it was a seamless day from the bridal room to the pergola where the ceremony was held, to the gorgeous pool area for the reception. The pool was too tempting for guests not to end up jumping into it after enough drinking and dancing, and that's exactly what happened!

I highly recommend holding your wedding there! And huge thanks to Stella Andronikou, owner of the hotel, she and her staff were instrumental in making my wedding a success. Yamas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked the Ostraco though Small Luxury Hotels, and were due an upgrade if available. When we arrived we were greeted warmly, but the first room we were given was very clean, but very dark and did not look over the sea - this was presumably a side sea view ! The room also could not connect to the advertised free wi-fi. We requested a change of room and although they had said no upgrade was available, they moved us to a suite on an upper level, but further away from the reception. Although this room was very nice and looked onto the sea, we were still disappointed as the complex did not meet our expectations from their website description. Fuerthermore we still could not access wi-fi. We stayed 5 days, hoping they would change our room, and although they claimed to be overbooked we knew this not to be true from the darkened rooms.
The pool area and breakfasts are the best aspects of this complex. Wi-fi is terrible and the location is a bit too far from the town of Mykonos - we only the walked back up the hill once !
After we informed them that we were checking out early and moving to another hotel, the staff became very unfriendly ! I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room as close to the reception as possible to ensure wi-fi access.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

That's the word I would use to describe the wonderful time I spent at Ostraco Suites. Smily staff, excellent service - paying attention to spoily details , fine architecture , sophisticated decoration, close to town , easy access from/to port & aiport. But for me the best part was the easy going, causy swimming pool area with the sunset view and the tasty cocktails ... I check in as a hotel guest and by the end of my visit I felt like a princess !!! Thanks to the great ambience, the people's smiles and the fine architecture !! Thank you all so much !! I will for sure come again next year to absorb the good vibe!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I found the Ostraco Suites Amazing! I was recently at a wedding there and i found it an unforgettable experience - between the staff and the actual place everything was perfect....the way the wedding was laid out was so picturesque stuff of magazines - I would highly recommend the Ostraco for any event or just some luxury accomadation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ostraco Suites? Share your experiences!