“Dream location for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ostraco Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Drafaki | Mykonos town, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #38 of 84 hotels in Mykonos Town
London
“Dream location for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at Ostraco Suites on September 15th and it was the best day of my life! I had both the ceremony and reception there and everything was absolutely perfect: the decoration, the food (THE FOOD!), the drinks, the atmosphere, the layout - it was all too beautiful for words. The staff were so amazing and joined in the fun too! Usually couples have their wedding elsewhere before doing the reception at the hotel, but it was a great idea to have the whole wedding day at Ostraco Suites, it was a seamless day from the bridal room to the pergola where the ceremony was held, to the gorgeous pool area for the reception. The pool was too tempting for guests not to end up jumping into it after enough drinking and dancing, and that's exactly what happened!

I highly recommend holding your wedding there! And huge thanks to Stella Andronikou, owner of the hotel, she and her staff were instrumental in making my wedding a success. Yamas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked the Ostraco though Small Luxury Hotels, and were due an upgrade if available. When we arrived we were greeted warmly, but the first room we were given was very clean, but very dark and did not look over the sea - this was presumably a side sea view ! The room also could not connect to the advertised free wi-fi. We requested a change of room and although they had said no upgrade was available, they moved us to a suite on an upper level, but further away from the reception. Although this room was very nice and looked onto the sea, we were still disappointed as the complex did not meet our expectations from their website description. Fuerthermore we still could not access wi-fi. We stayed 5 days, hoping they would change our room, and although they claimed to be overbooked we knew this not to be true from the darkened rooms.
The pool area and breakfasts are the best aspects of this complex. Wi-fi is terrible and the location is a bit too far from the town of Mykonos - we only the walked back up the hill once !
After we informed them that we were checking out early and moving to another hotel, the staff became very unfriendly ! I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room as close to the reception as possible to ensure wi-fi access.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

That's the word I would use to describe the wonderful time I spent at Ostraco Suites. Smily staff, excellent service - paying attention to spoily details , fine architecture , sophisticated decoration, close to town , easy access from/to port & aiport. But for me the best part was the easy going, causy swimming pool area with the sunset view and the tasty cocktails ... I check in as a hotel guest and by the end of my visit I felt like a princess !!! Thanks to the great ambience, the people's smiles and the fine architecture !! Thank you all so much !! I will for sure come again next year to absorb the good vibe!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I found the Ostraco Suites Amazing! I was recently at a wedding there and i found it an unforgettable experience - between the staff and the actual place everything was perfect....the way the wedding was laid out was so picturesque stuff of magazines - I would highly recommend the Ostraco for any event or just some luxury accomadation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Mykonos gave me a perfect first impression of Greece as I was warmly welcomed by the extremely friendly and passionate hotel staff at Ostraco suites! I was mainly visiting the island and stayed at this hotel for a family wedding. First off, the island is absolutely, incredibly beautiful, with an amazing sunset view, and the location of this hotel being on top of the hill/mid-hill made it even more enjoyable to admire the beautiful view of Mykonos island.

Not only were the staff friendly, they were also very helpful and always ready to assist us in a highly efficient manner. The bartenders, chefs and servers were also very nice and made sure that everyone was happy with their drinks/meals. Even during temporary power cuts across the island, the chef made sure that the meals were prepared and presented just as good as usual. He definitely did a fantastic job. I must also mention Stella, such a wonderful and cheerful lady, who always assures you that everything will be taken care of. You cannot be in a bad mood whenever you see Stella. She's just the kind of person who lightens up your day!

Of course, the highlight of my stay the wedding that took place at this hotel. I have to say that this hotel's quality of service made this wedding one of the best ones I've ever attended. The pool bar area that was the main venue for the wedding was able to hold many people. The area where the food was served was a few steps up from the pool and it was good that guests were given space to sit around the pool and enjoy their meals after taking their food from the area up the stairs. The DJ also did a great job and the party was great- I definitely had a good time.

It's not easy to find a hotel with staff that always have a smile on their faces and really show customers that they appreciate their visit. They treat every customer like a VIP. It's really nice to be able to feel like a VIP while you're vacationing hundreds of miles away from home.

Keep up the great work guys! I shall be back one day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Me and my wife, we had great time at Ostraco suites hotel, in Myconos. The hotel is fantastic,very nice and confotable room with excellent decoration. The staff is very frendly and polite, ( may thanks to Apositolos for the informations about Myconos, restaurants, beach etc)
The breakfast is excellent and clean. The hotel is very well located. I am looking forward next summer to visit again Ostraco hotel. Myconos is just perfect.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My partner and I travel regularly in and around the Greek Islands due to family owning a house in the island of Naxos. As my partner is a pilot and I am cabin crew and both have been living in Dubai for over 10 years, our experiences in hotels could be descibed as very extensive.

On this occasion we were staying one night in Mykonos due to flight connections.
The website flaunts the advert of being one of the 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World' , with whom I have also contacted to question their selection of Ostraco Suites.
We selected the Honeymoon suite (220 EUR ) as it looked to have some romantic features on the website. The entrance stair to the suite was dirty and slimy from leak from the air conditioning vents and arrival in our room we were greeted with stained floors, dirty carpets, clumps of hair on the floor, a dirty make up pad on the side table, stains on the throw, an tampon wrapper on the floor and stains on the headboard on the bed amongst endless others.

I have no doubt that at some stage this hotel room may have been a nice modern place to stay. Now it is unclean , worn down, completely unmaintained and quite frankly not worth a quarter of the value.

We informed the reception staff of our compaints of the disrepair and cleanliness of the room and after the receptionist spoke to management for a long duration we were informed that they could not refund our room. They offered us the classic room at a rate of 100 EUR and although the guest would be arriving to check into the room later that day we were informed that if we wanted do downgrade our room, they would upgrade the other guests to our Honeymoon Suite.

We did not wish to move to the small dark and dismal room and stated that if we could not be given a refund then we would pay the classic room rate for our original room due to the fact that they were willing to upgrade the guests anyways. They refused and we agreed on a 50 EUR discount.

The place was not even worth half the rates they charge.
The pool was relatively nice , but nothing special, the staff were friendly and the location was good, but if you are a regular world traveller, then this place is a big disappointment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ostraco_suites, Owner at Ostraco Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I feel sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at Ostraco Suites. Our goal is to have satisfied guests and to be able to provide them with extraordinary experiences.
Unfortunately that day the housekeeping manager was sick and the manager of the hotel due to exceptional circumstances were away from the hotel therefore we weren't able to provide the hospitality and the service we normally offer to our guests thought the rest of our team tried its best to accommodate your requests,
I am so sorry that your booking was only for one day and we couldn't provide you our best service that I believe that would match your expectations and standards.

Best Regards
The management team &
Stella Andronikou (owner)
Thank you. We appreciate your input.

Been to Ostraco Suites? Share your experiences!