“Amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Mykonos gave me a perfect first impression of Greece as I was warmly welcomed by the extremely friendly and passionate hotel staff at Ostraco suites! I was mainly visiting the island and stayed at this hotel for a family wedding. First off, the island is absolutely, incredibly beautiful, with an amazing sunset view, and the location of this hotel being on top of the hill/mid-hill made it even more enjoyable to admire the beautiful view of Mykonos island.

Not only were the staff friendly, they were also very helpful and always ready to assist us in a highly efficient manner. The bartenders, chefs and servers were also very nice and made sure that everyone was happy with their drinks/meals. Even during temporary power cuts across the island, the chef made sure that the meals were prepared and presented just as good as usual. He definitely did a fantastic job. I must also mention Stella, such a wonderful and cheerful lady, who always assures you that everything will be taken care of. You cannot be in a bad mood whenever you see Stella. She's just the kind of person who lightens up your day!

Of course, the highlight of my stay the wedding that took place at this hotel. I have to say that this hotel's quality of service made this wedding one of the best ones I've ever attended. The pool bar area that was the main venue for the wedding was able to hold many people. The area where the food was served was a few steps up from the pool and it was good that guests were given space to sit around the pool and enjoy their meals after taking their food from the area up the stairs. The DJ also did a great job and the party was great- I definitely had a good time.

It's not easy to find a hotel with staff that always have a smile on their faces and really show customers that they appreciate their visit. They treat every customer like a VIP. It's really nice to be able to feel like a VIP while you're vacationing hundreds of miles away from home.

Keep up the great work guys! I shall be back one day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Me and my wife, we had great time at Ostraco suites hotel, in Myconos. The hotel is fantastic,very nice and confotable room with excellent decoration. The staff is very frendly and polite, ( may thanks to Apositolos for the informations about Myconos, restaurants, beach etc)
The breakfast is excellent and clean. The hotel is very well located. I am looking forward next summer to visit again Ostraco hotel. Myconos is just perfect.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My partner and I travel regularly in and around the Greek Islands due to family owning a house in the island of Naxos. As my partner is a pilot and I am cabin crew and both have been living in Dubai for over 10 years, our experiences in hotels could be descibed as very extensive.

On this occasion we were staying one night in Mykonos due to flight connections.
The website flaunts the advert of being one of the 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World' , with whom I have also contacted to question their selection of Ostraco Suites.
We selected the Honeymoon suite (220 EUR ) as it looked to have some romantic features on the website. The entrance stair to the suite was dirty and slimy from leak from the air conditioning vents and arrival in our room we were greeted with stained floors, dirty carpets, clumps of hair on the floor, a dirty make up pad on the side table, stains on the throw, an tampon wrapper on the floor and stains on the headboard on the bed amongst endless others.

I have no doubt that at some stage this hotel room may have been a nice modern place to stay. Now it is unclean , worn down, completely unmaintained and quite frankly not worth a quarter of the value.

We informed the reception staff of our compaints of the disrepair and cleanliness of the room and after the receptionist spoke to management for a long duration we were informed that they could not refund our room. They offered us the classic room at a rate of 100 EUR and although the guest would be arriving to check into the room later that day we were informed that if we wanted do downgrade our room, they would upgrade the other guests to our Honeymoon Suite.

We did not wish to move to the small dark and dismal room and stated that if we could not be given a refund then we would pay the classic room rate for our original room due to the fact that they were willing to upgrade the guests anyways. They refused and we agreed on a 50 EUR discount.

The place was not even worth half the rates they charge.
The pool was relatively nice , but nothing special, the staff were friendly and the location was good, but if you are a regular world traveller, then this place is a big disappointment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ostraco_suites, Owner at Ostraco Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I feel sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at Ostraco Suites. Our goal is to have satisfied guests and to be able to provide them with extraordinary experiences.
Unfortunately that day the housekeeping manager was sick and the manager of the hotel due to exceptional circumstances were away from the hotel therefore we weren't able to provide the hospitality and the service we normally offer to our guests thought the rest of our team tried its best to accommodate your requests,
I am so sorry that your booking was only for one day and we couldn't provide you our best service that I believe that would match your expectations and standards.

Best Regards
The management team &
Stella Andronikou (owner)
Thank you. We appreciate your input.
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel itself is a great place to relax but be aware that some rooms are close to a main road but have a great view.
The best thing about the hotel is the pool/bar area. Great pool and very stylish area.
The rooms themselves have been upgraded based on a hotel that has been around a while... scratch the surface and you can tell that they have cut a few corners with the decor.

Negative points:
1. The bathroom smelled bad. A maintenance man came out and fixed this with some drain cleaning equipment
2.The breakfast is fine, however they serve cheap orange cordial rather than juice. This is simply poor standard for a hotel, I would expect this in a cheap B&B. Again, cutting corners on cost.
3. The reception - although the staff were helpful and friendly the reception seemed to be a meeting place for staff to have a smoke. Not a great atmosphere when you walk in there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road to avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Sterzios best bar tenter at pool bar. Highly recomend.Best hotel in mykonis. Clean rooms and pool. Great food amd drinks. Advised to hire a scooter to go into town which i would also recomend. make sure you try the don pernion whilst watchin the beautiful mykonos sunset by the pool. You wont regret it!!!

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We already came 3 times to Ostraco and each year had a wonderful experience. The hotel is very well located near the town, the rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable, the pool area is very nice and the food excellent. But Ostraco's best asset is the staff who is so charming, helpful and warm! They always have a good advice about beaches, restaurants and bars. They really make the difference and turned our time in a memorable one!!! Do not hesitate, this is a sure win place :-))

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ostraco Suites hotel and I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. The hotel is situated about a 10 minute walk from Mykonos Town but only a couple of minute drive if you have a quad bike. The pool area is great to relax around and really well kept. There is also a cool pool bar which serves cocktails (courtesy of James) The breakfast was also great and had everything that you need. For me what made this hotel is the friendly staff, who will go out of their way to help you make the most from your stay.

We stayed on the island for 4 nights and each night we were recommended a different restaurant. Also the staff were more than happy to help us organise day activities and tell us places to visit on the island such as beaches. We were also upgraded to a nicer room by Chris who was always friendly and very accomodating. The hotel only has 30 rooms so you feel that you are really treated well by all the staff. This was my first time in Mykonos and if I ever return I will make sure that I come back to this hotel. I'm a firm believer that your hotel can either make or break your holiday- staying at this hotel definately made our stay. If you're going to Mykonos and want a comfortable hotel with great staff then Ostraco Suites is your place!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ostraco Suites? Share your experiences!