What a great hotel experience this was!
This is not a 5-star hotel in the traditional sense, but the experience was 5-star and better in many ways to a typical 5-star hotel. The staff were all excellent and the service top-notch. Due to the small size of the hotel, the staff knows everyone that is staying at the hotel, and they treat you as a true guest. When ordering drinks at the pool, they don't ask for your room number or signature and they keep track of your expenses until checkout. This hotel is not just a place to sleep, but a place where you will want to spend time relaxing and taking in the beauty of Mykonos.
The hotel is located on the edge of town on a hill, which makes for some fantastic views of Mykonos Town and amazing sunsets every night. The hill is fairly steep and can be a challenge for some on the hike back to the hotel, but a taxi from town is always an option. Imagine walking up a flight of stairs for about 4 blocks. This may be a drawback for some, but the rewards are the views from the hotel. It's just a few minutes walk into town and we chose to walk it in both directions.
The hotel itself is small, with probably only around 10 rooms, and most if not all have a similar fantastic view. It doesn't look much like a hotel from the front, but like a large house. The rooms are mostly at the back of the hotel looking over the town and the sea. You will definitely want to be at the hotel during sunset, as it's one of the best views in Mykonos, and you can enjoy it from your private terrace.
The lobby is made of white marble and is beautiful and nicely decorated. There is a nice pool with the same great view as the rooms. The pool was not heated, or heated very little, which makes it refreshing on a hot day, but a bit too cold to stay in the water for very long.
The room was relatively large, with two beds that can be configured together as a double bed or as two separate twin beds. The beds were very comfortable with good quality linens. It was very quiet and I slept great every night. The rooms and the entire hotel were very clean and in great condition.
The breakfast was decent. Nothing too fancy, but not bad at all, and sitting on the terrace looking at the view during breakfast is hard to beat.
The hotel is probably best for two people, either couples or friends, and is both gay and straight friendly.
I was extremely satisfied with my stay at this hotel. It's a great relaxing experience that you won't find in many places, especially for the price. I highly recommend it and will probably stay here again the next time I visit Mykonos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel is situated in a quiet, unspoiled and picturesque area, 5 minutes from Mykonos Town [Chora]. The breathtaking scenery of the white-colored houses with the sensational view of the sea and the surrounding islands blends in the most harmonious way with the arched emerald pool, easing your senses under the cloudless Greek sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hermes Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermes Hotel Mykonos Town
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel Greece