“LUCAS!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manama, Bahrain
“LUCAS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

What a wonderful experience! This was my fifth visit to Mykonos and first time at Andronikos. Very friendly and helpful staff. From the great concierge to the late night shuttles from town. All the staff felt like family and I treated the poolside as if it were my own living room.. Breakfast was weak and needs more work.. And last but not least: LUCAS. By far, the star of the show. The coolest bartender ever. When he asks what your favorite song is, tell him Purple Rain by Guns n Roses. He will serve you eternally.. I will definitely return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having recently come back from staying at the Andronikos Hotel for 10nights, I feel that I want to give an honest and open review.

The reason for the title of my review is mainly due to the facilities in the bedroom letting the side down. We stayed in a "Cocoon Room", really nothing like it appears on the pictures on the website. The bed is a reasonable enough size and comfortable, the sheets didn't fit the bed and were really quite rough. The bathroom flooded every time you used the shower, there was no hook for the shower head and there was also a full length (door sized) window through to the bedroom (?!) which was slightly unnecessary unless you have a penchant for watching your partner on the loo. During the 10 day stay, our balcony was not swept once and was covered with bird poo, which wasn't ideal if you wanted to sit out there in the evening. Ladies - bring a hairdryer, the one in the bathroom is inadequate.

The free wifi is patchy at best and often disconnects, especially around busy times (morning/early eve). This generally isn't a problem unless you're relying on it for business purposes, then it really isn't ideal.

As mentioned in other reviews, the pool and restaurant areas are lovely and comfortable. The pool is very clean and very refreshing. Though, due to some more raucous nights, the staff would do well to sweep more around the bar area and pool side as many times the next day we found shards of glass. The hotel was full when we were there and unfortunately "sunbed wars" broke out, towels/books on every bed by 9.30am which is not a relaxing idea to wake up to, thinking you have to rush to get a sunbed.

Food wise; breakfast is ok, a bit random in choice of foods (trying to cover too many cultures) but fine. Very good quality bar snacks menu served all day, prices aren't cheap though. The Lady Finger restaurant is a nice place, nothing to write home about in terms of flavour although service and presentation were excellent all round.

The position of the hotel is within a 15/20 minute walk down a VERY busy road. You have to walk slowly and carefully due to the pure volume of bad drivers driving every medium of motor vehicle you could imagine, sometimes two abreast on one side of the road. When it's dark, I'd strongly recommend getting a taxi home unless you want to risk the drink driving tourists on mopeds and quads. The hotel doesn't overlook the sea, one side of it does. Next to the hotel is a very busy road so at night your can hear traffic, and in our case, many dogs barking constantly and a persistent crow. The hotel is minutes from the airport but weirdly you never hear or see any planes which is good.

Finally, the staff; if it wasn't for the staff then this review would not have been as good. Honestly, they make the place what it is. Very friendly and welcoming, I felt like I couldn't mention any issues during the stay as they were such lovely people that I was afraid I'd insult them personally! But they really are the best hotel staff that I have ever experienced on a holiday.

All in all, Mykonos is very pretty but very pricey. We had a good holiday, but we won't be back to the island unfortunately. I hope the hotel don't take these criticisms to heart, but more as something to work on for next season.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Truly exceptional experience. I have been living and traveling around the world for over a dozen years now, but this hotel's atmosphere ranks among the best. I felt compelled to write a review, in fact this is my first one on tripadvisor. The hotel is nicely designed, with new rooms (very nice bathrooms) and a well laid out pool and dining area. You can have it as cozy, quiet, and private as you want, but he can also enjoy the chic common areas where you can be a bit more social, if you are so inclined. The staff truly goes out of their way to make you feel good and anticipate & accommodate your needs. The service level is incredible -- the hotel is small enough so that you get a lot of personal attention and familiarity, but without it being overbearing. I cannot stress enough how wonderful the staff is. The location is a 10-15 minute walk from Mykonos town, just near enough that you can walk it without having to wait around for cabs. The place even has a gym, although a bit small. I haven't tried the spa. The other guests are relatively young and by and large very elegant, many couples, diverse nationalities, and most of the ones I've met have been return guests, which is a good sign of course. I find the hotel quite romantic and suitable for couples (I went with my girlfriend), but also saw a few families who seemed to feel very comfortable there. The restaurant is a must try -- it may have a tough time competing for guests with Mykonos town, but the food is of an amazing quality, definitely one of the best on the Island. I think the value for money is very good -- absolute top range premises & service level with mid-range pricing. Highly recommend and sincerely hope I will be back.

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Mykonos was the first in my journey. I liked it so much that after 4 days spent on it I did not want to leave. I even changed my plans for further vacation, and returned to Mykonos after a few days on Santorini. Big role in this was played by the hotel Andronikos, and especially its staff. I liked excellent service, quiet, clean, spacious rooms, and for sure unforgettable evenings at the bar. Take on any rental vehicle. I took a scooter, and I think this is the best for travel on the island. Thanks to all the staff for a great holiday!

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I'm a "returner" based on the dependence you get into when you enter this place. Again and again it is a "coming home" to be back. This Hotel is located above Mykonos city, surrounded with a great view, with lovely bungalows in the middle of a garden made by loving hands. Five minutes drive from the airport - but not disturbed by any noise you are in the center of the Island's life. The stuff is a well educated hospitality team, with the only interest to fullfill anything that is possible for their guests. You need a holiday? Welcome to the Andronikos - individuality is what you get. You are looking for silence - you'll find it, you are alone - you get introduved to other travellers. Nobody will ever forget what was your favorite drink, mine is a fruit cocktail. The rooms are created with a unique taste of charm. Try the "Cocoon" and you will be ctoughed by the greek spirit of relaxing. Thanks to the family Andronikos for offering this wonderful place to the public. Thanks to Bianca the white cat, for being a very special part of the design style of the hotel. Thanks to the team making my holiday unforgettable. I'll be back. For shure.

Room Tip: choose a cocoon romm and enjoy the unique design. to have a little silence from the party-life downt...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I spent 10 days at Andronikos hotel for my honeymoon and the only word that comes to my mind to describe it is PERFECTION!! Marcos is a fantastic host and the staff is the best I have ever seen, they give you their soul, they are kind, always concerned, honestly happy, and incredibly professional and competent, my wife and I became their friends, not just guests!! The island is beautiful and the food is to die for, and greek people are like my own, Portuguese, full of life and happiness!! It marked me for the rest of my life and I am definitely returning next year! Places like this this are a rarity!! Thank you very very much for everything!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the moment we stepped in the lobby we were treated like family and thus began a terrific 5 night stay there. Georgina welcomed us, showed us around and offered a complementary drink before showing us to our room. The room was not what we had reserved and Michael and Georgina took care of that and got us a great sea view cocoon room. Very spacious room and bathroom.
The entire staff makes you feel so at home. Breakfast is great with Orieta, Pana, Manos and Minas taking good care of us each morning. Plenty to choose from as well as made to order eggs and bacon if you choose.
The pool is crystal clear and the perfect temperature. Cold but refreshing. The bartenders and servers make the pool and pool bar experience the best. Niko is the day bartender and Lucas, as you will probably read more of, is the night bartender and he is the best in town. He introduces you to the others at the bar and really talks to you and listens to what you have to say. And the music they play all afternoon and evening is very good. Pana, Nota, Orieta and Manos are constantly walking around the pool to make sure you have everything you need. The beaches in Mykonos are the best but it is also nice just to stay at the pool and relax and read a good book and have a couple cocktails! And once again the water is so refreshing!
Maaika, the night receptionist is very knowledgeable about restaurants. She guided us to a few great ones and she took care of making reservations for us and getting us a cab when Leftedes was not available. He is a great guy too. He helped us with our refridge that was not working and picked us up one evening from town.
So many people on here complain about the walk to town. I think the website says 7-10 minute walk. It's really about 15 minutes but it's not a bad walk. After the first time you walk down to town and back up from town, the rest of the times down it seemed easier. At night time you have to be a little careful walking but it is pretty well lit and many people walked and it saves you money on a taxi.
The bus station is at the edge of town when you get down the hill. Price is great and it takes you all over the island to the great beaches and towns.
GREAT TIP TO KNOW> you can catch the bus by the hotel ( 3 minute walk to the street that leads to town and to the airport) There is a bus sign and it stops for you and you can pay on the bus. Saves you trips to town. And he will let you off at that circle stop as long as you tell him when you board the bus.
Overall, the experience is great. Our room was very clean each day and the service outstanding. They did everything they could to make it a wonderful visit.
Thanks to all of you.

Room Tip: Sea view cocoon room. Ours was 110.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!