“Personalized luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Athens, Greece
“Personalized luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Andronikos is an upscale hotel which attempts to define the concept of of Greek hospitality and succeeds! When we arrived at the hotel, the staff greeted each one of us by name which immediately set the tone for the rest of our stay! The service was personalized from the bar, to the pool area, to the breakfast room. The staff was extremely polite and generous. One staff member even brought me her curling iron from home since I had forgotten mine in Athens! Moreover, the general manager who is very friendly and always available offered to drive us to town as soon as he realized we did not have a car!
The resort is beautiful and just serene. The pool and bar area is very relaxing yet warm. We felt so comfortable we had second thoughts about going to the beach! We stayed in a cocoon room which was just perfect and the view from the balcony was breathtaking. It was the perfect mix between minimal and island chic.
Overall a memorable experience..I have stayed in many hotels in Mykonos but I'm planning to make this my “home” every time I vacation on this island. A true gem!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrive and were immediately impressed with the relaxing atmosphere. We were greeted, shown around to all of the amenities and taken to relax with our first drink as we took in the beautiful views. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Would highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff in reception are some of the most helpful hotel staff I have ever come across; however this is where the great experience stops. Normally I find Tripadvisor helpful when choosing a hotel. I had high expectations when coming here in light of all the positive reviews; however during our stay I felt some of the hotel staff pandered to the needs of a minority of people staying in the hotel to the detriment of others (particularly the bar manager). Specifically a group of people who acted like children, with a pool party to satisfy there own needs and spoil the day of other people who wanted to just relax. I don't expect a hotel of this standard to act like a tacky night club. Perhaps our stay could have been better had we have stayed at a different time but I would not recommend or stay at this hotel again.

The standard room we stayed in had air conditioning as one would expect, but the unit was loud and it was difficult to sleep. We also found our bedroom sheet had an iron burn, which I initially thought it was a stain. I don't expect this of a hotel which professes to be of quality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Andronikos we were there end of June beginning of July the weather was amazing our superior room was incredible and quiet the service in this hotel was so special that we were there for 9 days and got to know everyone's names if u wanted to know anything from beaches to restaurants they gave the best advice I would without a doubt return to this hotel it is close to the city we hired a car and that was a help loved it so much thank you to all the amazing staff

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This should be a 4-star property by conventional ratings, but the staff pushed it over the top. The front desk was awesome and greeted us by name, the waiters and the pool staff were friendly and helpful - it was just perfect. The resort and rooms are just beautiful. The only downside about the resort we found was the location - we wish it was a bit closer to the main town.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at andronikos for the first time this June and we absolutely loved it!! The newly remodeled cocoon rooms were sexy and stylish, with clean comfortable beds and products from the Greek cosmetic company Korres. Every single member of the staff went beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome...it was obvious that they all loved working there and we're so friendly to us! The pool area was cool and relaxed and the breakfast and bar were perfect! The location could not have been better...just minutes from the chora of Mykonos with easy access to all the best beaches: psarou, super paradise, paranga, kapari, etc. I cannot wait to go back and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: Cocoon rooms are newly remodeled by k lab design. Very cool and stylish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at the Andronikos Hotel in June 2013 based on all the positive Trip advisor reviews so I think it’s only fair that I write my own review. Where do I start………………………….. From the moment we arrived at the airport we received a warm welcome from the hotel driver who drove us to the hotel which is only a short journey from the airport. The hotel provides a shuttle service at a cost of 5 Euros per person each way which we used and found very useful as the taxi situation is very limited as there are only 31 taxis on the island.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel very special, the staff at this hotel are truly amazing! They work so hard and are constantly going out of their way to help you. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, it is immaculate and we had booked a cocoon room which was really funky and had amazing design! Loved it! We had a very comfy bed and a sofa, mini bar, safe, waterfall shower and room service which we used once which was very good. Our room was cleaned to a very high standard and had fresh sheets and fresh towels daily.
Breakfast was very good in mornings with a range of cold meats, cheeses, cereals and of course the hot selection which was made to order.
The pool area at the hotel is very relaxing with a salt water pool, very comfy sun loungers, waiter service and chilled out music which adds to relaxing atmosphere. At our stay at the Andronikos Hotel we met some amazing people from all over the world, everyone was so friendly and we spoke to many returning guests at the Andronikos Hotel. After a night out exploring the town we would always head back to the hotel bar where the bartender Loukas provided us with great cocktails (Strawberry daiquiris – YUM), stories and lots of laughter and fun!

Tip – if you are planning on visiting the many beaches that Mykonos has, then I would recommend hiring a car. The taxi situation caused us a few problems and we visited in June, so im only guessing that in July and August it will be even worse.

A big thank you to everyone who made our stay at the Andronikos Hotel so special.

Loukas and Georgina you are a credit to the Hotel and we hope to see you all again next year!

Thanks
Julia and Oliver

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!