“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mykonos View by Semeli Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mykonos View by Semeli Hotel to your Saves list
Mykonos View by Semeli Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Tagou, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece (Formerly Mykonos View Apartments)   |
Ranked #40 of 83 hotels in Mykonos Town
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, however too pricy for the rooms. They were nice but a little bit too basic and the shower was a total disaster soaking the whole bathroom.
The view from the pool is beautiful.
Breakfast is served from 8am and we had to catch an early flight so we had to have breakfast at 8am sharp, it was not even served and the cleaning ladies asked me to leave and come back after 15 minutes. It was not a possibility so I explained it to them and they didn't care.
I recommend it, however for the price they charged us I'm sure there are better hotels.

• Stayed August 2012

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel for three nights and we travel alot at a wide range of hotel types and prices. Firstly, in our experience the staff could not be faulted. They were helpful and immensely friendly, remembered our names and remembered what we had had on previous days. Just top rate, so a very well done. On our arrival a friendly chap ran out of reception to ensure we did not carry our cases up the steps and signed us in. I am led to believe that our room was upgraded which had got to be good. Breakfast was extensive and generous in a lovely resturant with great views and a good outside area - bit too blowy when we were there though. Really looked after by the staff - great. The pool area was good with great views once again. It would be better if the pool could be heated, but you cannot win them all. The location, five minutes out of town, was good for us, although for some the climb up a small hill may be too much, but at least it worked off the calories. All in all good. We cannot comment on value for money, as it was booked through an agent. I suspect someone got a lot of money for it and so I think value may be down a bit, but not sure there. Our room was big enough with a breakfast counter and was on the lower level opposite where cars parked. It had a window in the door that could be covered and another small window that you could look out of. We had a small seating area outside that overlooked the port with good views of cruise ships etc. This room was more than adequate - but rating would depend on price. Really I would not expect to pay much more than £70 for the room (and that is Mykonos prices!!) given what I can get in London for a similar rate! The bathroom was very small and really needed a makeover if I am honest. I would have preferred a room higher up the complex, but maybe that is the story of my life!! The staff at this hotel really did significantly add to our experience of this hotel for which we are immensely thankful. Location for us was perfect too. Easy access to the life of Mykonos whilst not staying within the sound of a Mega Disco if you get my meaning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

First impressions were firstly the friendly helpful reception staff, then the apartment - wow!! We had a 2 room apt with a balcony over the pool with wonderful view of Mykonos Town & bay. The rooms were bright, stylish and spotlessly clean and aircon unit & tv in both rooms. The whole 'complex' was gorgeous - the pool, bar, dining area all had the fab view and lovely atmosphere. The only down side (although not for us at all) is that it's on a hill so lots of steps up to everywhere within the hotel. But it's because of the hill that you get the stunning views! Cannot recommend this place enough, and it is extremely good value for Mykonos.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up the complex have better views. If there are 4 or 5 of you ask for room 54 overlo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I can't tell you how many Mykonos hotels we researched before finally selecting Mykonos View -- it was my first trip to Mykonos, and the sheer number of available hotels (not to mention the wide range of prices) made the whole process feel bewildering. But I'm so glad we picked Mykonos View. The room was great -- we had a balcony with a view of the ocean, a few steps up the pool (and it's a really nice pool -- if I didn't love the Mykonos beaches I would have been tempted to spend my vacation there!), and a few steps down to Reception and the restaurant where they serve a really great breakfast buffet. It was clean and well-maintained (including a fridge) and felt new. It's only a short walk to the center of town (I timed myself -- 4 minutes walk from the hotel to the Taxi Piazza). (Something I grew to appreciate every night when I'd see the long lines of people waiting for taxis to get back to their far away hotels.) The bus to local beaches stops about 50 meters down the road. The staff was great, especially the young woman who worked reception; she helped us book an inexpensive rental car through their connection (50 Euro/day SmartCar) (and yes it's the cheapest on the island - we checked). And then there's Dmitri the bartender at the pool--charming, nice, and absolutely sexy. One reason we know that we chose well was that we were told more than once by locals, "oh yes, Mykonos View, that's the best." And they'll even do your laundry for you. So anyway, if you're looking for a great place, I'd really recommend this one. (August 2012.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool -- that way you'll have access to the wifi
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Holon, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wowww what an amazing vacation...!

First of all, the sevice. we got an amazing service during the seven night that we stayed in mykonos view hotel. the hotel manager, the reception staff, and the legendary bartender- dimitris. they gave us Recommendations about good resturantes, car rental, and even gave us hairdryer immidiatly when we found out that we have a problem with ours.

Second, the pool area and the bar. i read before the trip that the drinks are Ridiculously expensive and that the barmen is not nice. well its Completely nonsense. people has to know how to be friendly even with those who give them service. the view is outstanding even if you compare it to 5 stars hotels in the island.

Location, from one hand, is really colse to the city and the parties (5-7 min walking), On the other hand its a diffcult way back because The hotel is located on a hill. but dont worry, for 35 euro a day you get yourself atv ( 4 wheels).

The only Disadvantage is the room level. we took the cheapest room available so i dont really have any complaint, but, for my wife its was to basic. iam guessing that its all depands on what is the reason for your vacation and what kind of person you are. It is less suitable for honeymoon.

In general, I recommend everyone debating to take this hotel and be totally relaxed.

Recommendations on the island:

Beaches- paradise beach- if you like crazy parties from 16:30 afternoon.
super paradise- one of the Beautiful beaches i have ever seen.

Restaurants- pasta fresca in mykonos town if you like italian food.
kounelas- the best fish tavern in mykonos. you have to eat there.

Enjoy mykonos, a very special island..

Room Tip: choose the rooms with Balcony, not only for that reason, its much more modrated and Comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great location, great view, great breakfast, very cosy hotel overall (and with parking place)
The staff was great. They even helped us rent a car at a very reasoable price
I love Mykonos, this is where I met my wife also. Will definitely choose Mykonos View next time we come.
A big thank you! We shall see you next year.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. Depends if you want with a view or not (the difference is only the price). I peros...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The room was awful: dark and old. The bathroom was tiny and old. The girl working at the reception is not very helpful and does not have a great sense of service. Having said that, the manager is v nice, the breakfast buffet is generous and the hotel is well located (10mn walk from city center where all the bars are but it is 10min up on a very steep hill)

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Mykonos View by Semeli Hotel? Share your experiences!