Like pretty much everyone else we loved our three days at the Adonis hotel. The entire staff were just wonderfully warm and friendly. We somehow lucked into Suite 200 which was just spectacular. Large marble bathroom with double sinks, but best of all a corner location with balconies facing towards the near by beach and another straight into the sunset. Unbelievable sea views. As for the location, you're a short walk to a beach and Nico's Place on the water (Our favorite restaurant in town), a short walk to the bus station and the top of town, and maybe 7-8 minutes to the windmills. Breakfast was good, super friendly staff, excellent coffee. We went to both Paradise and Super Paradise beaches, and if you're 40 or younger they're fine, but we preferred the quiet of the near by beach. A hint, the beach is sandy but very rocky to enter, except for a stretch to the right of Nico's restaurant which is sandy right on in. The free beach chairs and umbrella from the restaurant are very convenient.
One thing's for sure, if we get back to Mykonos we'll definitely book the Adonis and suite 200.
As a foot note, we took the ferry from Mykonos to Pireaus and then the subway to the Athens Melia Hotel. By the time we got off the subway eight stops later I'd had two button closed pockets picked clean of passports, credit cards, and cash. Never felt a thing. Avoid crowded buses and subway cars and wear a money belt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully appointed, centrally located, boutique-style hotel in operation since 1970 and updated as recently as 2013.Hotel Adonis is the perfect destination for those who wish to feel at home while enjoying the beauty of the Aegean and the magic of Mykonos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Adonis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adonis Hotel Mykonos Town
- Adonis Hotel Mykonos, Greece