“Beautiful Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Dublin
“Beautiful Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved Loved LOVED this hotel. From the moment Michael collected us at the port all the way through our visit I felt at home and welcomed. Fantastic location, only 2 min walk down to the centre of the town and the beautiful white cobbled streets. Could not recommend this hotel more :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at Adonis Hotel during a well deserved holiday together. Upon arrival, we checked into our room and we had mistakenly booked a twin bedroom instead of a room with a double bed. They were very understanding and diligently switched our room. After a long flight, we were famished and the staff recommended a lovely local restaurant by the beach with a breathtaking view of the sunset. The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast downstairs and packed up our bags for our next leg in our journey visiting Greece. When we inquired about a taxi to bring us to the harbor, the staff graciously volunteered their driver (no charge for a taxi ride that would of cost us 30 Euros) to drive us and other guest to our destination. Now here's the punch: When my wife and I arrived at Sirmione, I realized that I had left my sunglasses (Oakley's worth 500$US) at the hotel, I called the front desk to see if they had found it, and after a brief moment, they had confirmed that I had left them there. Since my wife and I were traveling they were kind enough to send my glasses back to my home in Canada! Talk about going the extra mile! Thank you again! What makes traveling so great are the memories and people you meet along the way, and the staff at Adonis hotel were momentous in making this trip memorable for my wife and I. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there, but try not to leave anything behind! Merci beaucoup!

A Thankful couple!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

As part of an extended vacation in Greece in June 2011, I stayed at the Adonis Hotel for four nights. I had meant to review the Adonis Hotel soon after my vacation was completed and, in fact, did review almost all of the hotels where I stayed on my Greek odyssey, but at some point I guess I ran out of steam and never got around to writing my critique of the Adonis.

Well, better late than never. I can now add my say to the chorus (Greek chorus?!) of voices praising the accommodation and service provided at the Adonis Hotel. The first thing worth mentioning is the hotel’s location just on the outskirts of Mykonos town. The location means that you avoid most of the noise and bustle of the crowds that permeate the streets of the island’s main urban centre, but are still within easy walking distance of the heart of the town. That being said, I do remember hearing the sound of a motorcycle or two (or maybe they were ATVs) speeding by on the main road that runs past the hotel, but that was about the only noise that ever bothered me at night. The hotel’s site is also fairly well situated in relation to one of Mykonos town’s bus terminals. It’s about a five minute walk (or less) from the Adonis to the terminus, where one can catch buses that, in turn, are able to connect you with boats for many of the main beaches on the island’s south coast.

The hotel itself is quite beautiful, the usual white-washed Cycladic architecture, and my room was wonderful, just spacious enough, very clean and tidy, and with a view to die for. It was great to get up each morning, pull open the doors to my little balcony, and see in the distance the iconic five windmills that overlook the town of Mykonos and its harbour.

As good as the accommodation is at the Adonis Hotel, I have to say that I think the service is even better. Breakfast was great, a good selection of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt, cakes and pastries, as well as eggs cooked in whatever fashion you want. The breakfast room is bright and airy, there is an outside terrace as well, and the staff were all very attentive and helpful. Roz, co-owner of the hotel with her husband, went out of her way to provide many tips and recommendations, and was especially good at explaining how to navigate the narrow, winding streets of Mykonos town. (Despite her expert advice and the use of a detailed map, I still managed to get lost one afternoon trying to return to the hotel; I wasn't paying attention and zigged when I should have zagged.) Roz also gave me some good restaurant recommendations, but I think her best advice was in relation to what beach to visit. She listed the pros and cons of each and suggested that I might enjoy Agrari Beach the most, primarily because it is less crowded than the others but still enjoys a very picturesque setting nonetheless. In this regard, she was absolutely correct; Agrari was a great beach. Although the “sand” was perhaps a little too pebbly for my liking and was not always very easy to walk on, the beach, which is divided into two sections, is quiet and relatively secluded, the waters of the Aegean are crystal-clear, and I spent a very pleasant, relaxing afternoon there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Hotel Adonis. The staff were so friendly and helpful and made you feel very welcome. Our room was clean and tidy, and the bed comfortable. Breakfast catered for all tastes, and the views from the sunroom were a perfect way to start the day. Location also meant it was only a short walk to the township. We would not hesitate recommending the Adonis to our friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel Adonis is very well situated. A little walk from the town center. There is a beach only few yards away down the road. The staff (the cleaning lady, the breakfast man, the receptionists, the bosses) was friendly, discreet and the service was excellent. Breakfast served in a conservatory with a seaview. The room we stayed in had everything we needed and remained spotless all along our stay. Nothing went wrong.
We recommend it!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
None, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I tried to book the #1 rated Mykonos hotel on Trip Advisor, but they were shut-down for the season, so I reverted to #2 assuming it would still be pretty good. Pretty good? Try perfect. I honestly can't think of anything more I could have asked for from Adonis hotel in Mykonos. Unlike my experience in Santorini where I was left at the airport to fend by myself because the guy who was supposed to meet me didn't show, in Mykonos there was a professional looking guy with a "Adonis Hotel" sign at the ferry to greet me with a smile. From there the visit went just as I would have hoped: friendly staffers to help with questions, and a ride to the airport without any hassles. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I loved my stay at the Hotel Adonis! My clean room overlooked a portion of the street as well as the water; breakfast consisted of meats, cheeses, cereal, fruit, eggs, sausage, pastries, juice, coffee/tea, served either in the breakfast room or in the adjacent outside terrace. The location (Fabrika) is close to the bus/taxi station and 2 blocks away from the noise of the main town. Also an easy walk to the beach, shops/restaurants in town, and the windmills. Warm and congenial owners, Roz and Michael, as well as the rest of the staff: Vassilis (Bob) and Panos at reception (and another man whose name escapes me), as well as the breakfast staff and cleaning staff. All were wonderful and made my stay at the Adonis memorable and wanting to return!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Adonis Hotel? Share your experiences!