“Really nice hotel even though not luxe” 4 of 5 stars

Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angelika, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Bogota, Colombia
“Really nice hotel even though not luxe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were at our honey moon and we weren't going to complain about much being in such a nice island in a happy time. But though the hotel it's pretty, and has a stuff always smiling, it's not a luxury hotel. The rooms are not minimalist designed. Are just pretty simple. So I guess we payed a lot cause it's the highest season, but if you are expecting luxe this is not the place. I must add I think it has the best view of chora. Espectacular landscape. And it's quiet cause it's not in the middle of the town, it's a 12 minute walk to get to the stores.

Room Tip: We have the basic room and the shower it's extra small and has issues maintaining the water temp...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

First of all I would like to thank the staff, cause without them I would have left the property long long ago... Can't write much about this hotel, as there is nothing worth writing about.. I am heading to Santorini and I am praying I get nothing like this. The only spot where I can find internet on this property is the balcony and that where I am right now....... I did not file any complaint or try to ask for a refund as I am here for only 3 nights and I know I wouldn't find anything else around the island as August is the highest season on the year...

Room Tip: Stay away from 322 Tiny and Broken shower, No internet, the smallest T.V. with only few Greek channe...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Are you looking for å quite place, with extraordinary service, nice rooms, fantastic staff? Then this hotel is for you. In the middle of everything. Close to Mykonos town, but not so near that you can hear the noise. Near the best beaches on the island, only a few minutes by bus (or even better: by scooter).
Breakfast: Excellent!
A nice view from the swimming pool to Mykonos town.
So order your holiday, you wan´t regret.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at Tharroe of Mykonos for our honeymoon for 3 nights in July 2014. It was one of the best hotels we stayed at during our time in Greece. The rooms were clean and the staff was incredible! We loved all of them, especially Elsa! They were very friendly and so, so accommodating. The pool/patio was gorgeous! We loved the beautiful views of the island and the sunset from up there. We would definitely go back here. Thanks Tharroe for making our stay so perfect!

Jessica & Jared (from BOSTON)

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Besides providing excellent 5-Star accommodations, Tharroe of Mykonos has taken service to another level. Honestly, I felt as though I've known the staff for over 20 years. They are so personable and genuinely interested in making their guests vacations perfect. I have done my fair share of traveling but this type of service I had yet to come by.

If you are a first timer to Mykonos and want to truly experience the entire island, I suggest you stay at the Tharroe and let them plan for you. The pool, the view, the food and the location was also prime.

Sometimes vacations can get complicated and stressful...I guarantee, this will not happen at the Tharroe, in fact, you will experience beauty, comfort and TONS OF FUN!!!

By the way, Manto (reception) is one of the kindest human beings I have ever met. Thank you for assisting me with all of my inquiries. Please keep smiling.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed 5 nights in July 2014 in the cheapest room (land view) and were very happy with the hotel, staff and the location.

The staff were so helpful and friendly and all spoke perfect English. They all were very keen to offer local advice, tips and suggestions. They even give you a free transfer to the airport on departure.

The room was nicely furnished and very clean and well maintained, if a touch on the small side. The cleaners did a fantastic job each day and they never disturbed you in your room. When you left and handed in the key they would clean your room. The in room bath-jaccuzi was very noisy though and could do with an upgrade.

Breakfast was from 8-11am and had everything you would expect, including a good selection of teas and home made marmalades/jams.

The hotel itself is on top of the hill overlooking Mykonos town, and is a 12-15 minute walk from the town. There is a bus stop which goes to all beaches at the bottom of the drive, and a supermarket opposite the hotel with everything you may need. However, there is plenty of space for parking and I would recommend getting a quad-bike/car/scooter. It would also be nice if the hotel had a minibus shuttle service at a set time into Mykonos town in the evening so you could avoid the walk or drive.This would be a slight improvement.

Ornos beach was a 20 minute walk down a large hill, and 25 minutes uphill back. Ideal for the more mobile guest, or the bus was equally as easy in either direction.

The wifi worked best in the reception area or on the terrace behind the jaccuzi.

Overall a very relaxing hotel with very little to complain about.

Oh, and the views from the pool area are amazing!

Thanks Tharroe x

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent stay and very friendly staff. This hotel is a short walk from Mykonos town with amazing views. You have the benefits of everything being nearby but it is also a quiet and relaxing retreat if you're looking to rest. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel? Share your experiences!