“IT IS A MUST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Paris, France
“IT IS A MUST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent kitchen , friendly staff ,very clean, breathtaking view.We will be back for holidays for sure

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

A friend and I shared a room and stayed as a base for the beaches and the bars. The most friendly and helpful staff you will find anywhere. Location is excellent as you get an amazing view and it's only 10 minutes walk down to the town and 15 minutes back up. There were always taxi's available to avoid the walk back up the hill day and night. Very mixed crowd of ages and demographics and everyone seemed to be enjoying their stay. The entire hotel is spotless. Good breakfasts too. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and everyhting was as perfect as the first. All the staff have a can do attitude and our thanks go to Christina, George, Nikos and Adonis for all their wonderful service and impeccable manners and sorry if we have missed anyone out.
The whole place is spotless with the restaurant serving delicious and plentiful food made with fresh ingredients that have so much flavour. The Greek salad is superb. The views are stunning and the hotel is an oasis of calm. Thank you again to all for a wonderful few days.

Room Tip: Any room with a seaview is great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Mykonos in mid-October 2012. Tharroe was the first stop on our european honeymoon- and we could not have asked for a better place to be!! We were happily greeted by the staff and provided with a glass of champagne!!

We had the spa room which was lovely and had a nice view over the town. The hotel and room were very clean.

The town is about a ten minute walk (down-hill) from the hotel. But as per the other reviews, there is no sidewalk- so take care. But it is an easy walk- and no need for taxis.
It is nicer being ontop of the hill rather than in the middle of the town itself anyway (look at the various photos of the pool area overlooking the town!)

The breakfasts were great by greek standards (do not expect a full sized buffet). The local yoghurt and honey were sublime- wish we could have brought it back to australia!! They also made you eggs in whichever way you wanted, which was lovely.

A huge huge thank you to Adonis who assisted us in so many ways and made our stay memorable. He went to a lot of effort to re-schedule our flights after a strike was announced (only 24 hrs before we were due to leave!!) Then, when the strike was cancelled (several hours later), he contacted the airlines to get us on a different flight, so we didn't miss any time on our next stop in Santorini. He also made some excellent recommendations for things to do and places to eat. Always greeted us with a smile. :)

Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We just left after a 3 night stay and had a wonderful time. Christine, George and the brothers gave us the best possible service for bus schedules, food, beach and massage recommendations. The restaurant is open from 3 - 11pm and has a small but delicious menu - try the chocolate souffle! There are beach chairs and comfortable sofas inside and outside along the pool, overlooking the cliff and the sea. We sat by the pool reading our last day, had lunch, dinner and drinks and got totally relaxed. This hotel is within a 15 min walk to the town, but there are no sidewalks, so it's tricky. A taxi is a 4 Euro fee and the bus runs every 15 min. I loved being on the outside of the traffic and tourist crowd but close enough to catch a cab to the center. This experience was worth our whole trip to Greece!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Olga P, General Manager at Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Lasergirl 50. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us .Be assured that your nice comments regarding the restaurant ,have already been shared with the chef and the staff.It will be my pleasure to welcome you again to Tharroe of Mykonos. Warm regards Olga Papadaki Hotel Manager
Egypt, Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We absolutely loved everything there starting from the way we were greeted; after check in, we were welcomed with a glass of champaign by the pool.

The receptionist and everyone working there were very friendly & helpful. Of course we had tons of questions to ask about where to go, what to do, where to eat... All of them were keen on helping us and directing us with correct information.

The manager, Adonis, is an absolutely beautiful person. It's a pleasure meeting someone so passionate about his job.

The room was very clean, well maintained and new. we had a beautiful view from the balcony which was just breath taking.

we had a slight problem with the AC in our room so we called the reception. they followed up on the spot, sent someone to check it and fix.

the hotel is around 10 minutes away from the town by car. you could walk to town but the hills going up and down make it a bit rough.

i would def recommend anyone planning to stay in mykonos to stay at Tharroe

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tamar K
I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful time here .Be assured that your nice comments have already been shared with the staff .It will be my pleasure to welcome you again to Tharroe of Mykonos. Warm regards Olga Papadaki Hotel Manager
Москва, Россия
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

First of all I would like to say that I was very pleased by the way I was greeted - after the check-in I was asked to come out to the beautiful sun deck with a perfect scenery to enjoy the view and have a glass of a welcome champaign which was just right and exactly what I needed!
Fantastic hospitality - never seen anything of a kind, never before felt myself so much welcome and cared about! The whole stay was absolutely fantastic from the beginning to the end! I was met at the airport and taken back on return (and called previously to check when I'm arriving to meet me), I received all the decent advices to the nice places of the island to eat, shop or whatever... I was assisted in any crazy request I had. I was even checked-in on all my flights back and received a package of boarding passes to all flights I had on my way back (without any request!!!). This level of service I never received in any other 5 star hotel before!
Tharroe has the boutique type approach to welcoming and service their guests.

The location is great for a balanced relaxing holiday and at the same time it's close enough (10-15 minutes walk or 3-5 by taxi/rented transport) to the historical town where historical attractions places are and the shopping-eating-night life is placed.
And the whole hotel has the smart combination of the traditional greek and modern style.
I haven't tried the main menu of the restaurant but I consider it as a reason to return! :)
Never ever before I wanted to return to a place as much as I want to return back to Mykonos and particularly to Tharroe of Mykonos! I want to thank the stuff that treated me so well and made my holiday a great treat I will never forget! Thank you guys at the restaurant that always made the perfect breakfast for me despite the fact I was always late for it! :)
And a special thanks to you Adonis and Christina who where beyond praise!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Marina Borodina
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
On belhalf of Adonis, Cristina and the team I would like to thank you for the enthousiastic review.
I will be happy to meet you in person, during your next visit to Tharroe of Mykonos
Best regards
Olga Papadaki
Hotel Manager

Been to Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel? Share your experiences!