“Great hotel in an amazing town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belvedere

You added Hotel Belvedere to your Saves list
Hotel Belvedere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   School of Fine Arts District, Mykonos Town 84 600, Greece   |
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
uk
“Great hotel in an amazing town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just had a week at the Belvedere. Third time in Mykonos, 1st at this hotel. In the past we have chosen to stay out of town. This year we decided to stay in Mykonos town and were not disappointed by our choice of hotel.
We stayed in the traditional rooms and had a room with a beautiful balcony and an amazing sunset view. Great place for cocktails!!
Nobu was great. We had not tried Nobu previously but will be back!! The tasting menu was a great introduction to this chef's cuisine - black cod was amazing.
The pool area is really peaceful during the day so great place to tan with easy access to the bar or town for lunch. Combining this with trips to the beach was a great way to spend the week
We met some lovely people in Mykonos and particularly at the hotel - which I feel says a lot about a place you choose to stay.
We will definitely be back to Mykonos next year. Will we stay at the Belvedere - absolutely!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Welwyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Difficult to find fault with this hotel. Super location, really helpful, friendly staff who were prepared to go the extra mile for you. Excellent pool area and no problem finding a sunbed any time of the day. Very mixed clientelle which was nice: younger families through to older gays with everything inbetween. During the day the pool area is extremely relaxed with excellent waiter service which then transforms itself at nighttime into the focal point for the Nobu restaurant - very impressive.
Neither the hotel nor the restaurant are anything other than expensive but on balance it is worth it for the quality of the experience, don't miss the cocktails (although they are eye-wateringly expensive). We will return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fort lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Two friends of mine were hosting a birthday celebration for me at the Nobu Restaurant at the Belvedere Hotel in Mykonos. Of course, this was an amazing gesture, because, this restaurant is not exactly inexpensive. There were 12 of us in all for this dinner. We had been in Mykonos already for 5 days and had been having the most amazing vacation ever. Every restaurant we had been to previously, had exceeded all of our expectations. That is until we arrived at Nobu. First, they sat us at a table that really was for 8 people and gave us the waitress from hell. I have to say, this was the worse waitress I have ever had in my entire life. I will describe her, she has bleached blond hair, hair was pulled back in a ponytail, she has a large nose and is on the thin side. I don't remember her name and I think that is on purpose. She told us right from the start that she did not have time for our questions. She was constantly rolling her eyes when we would ask a question, or if we were not sure about something. As for the food, it is good, but is way over priced for what you get. This ranks as my worse dining experience ever. To top off the the dining experience from hell, our waitress was so kind to bring us our check before offering
dessert or coffee and when we ask her why she did this, she said you asked for it. No one at our table asked for the check, I think this was her way of saying to us, get out!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Any feedback provides useful information for improving guest satisfaction.
We would have appreciated if you would have metioned your experience on the spot in order for us to try and make it up.
Nevertheless we are investigating this issue and we really hope we are going to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property.

Best Regards
Christofer Vonglis
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

From the minute you arrive, you feel you are somewhere special. The beautiful minimalist decore, and the professional courtesy of the staff is something else.

Our room was beautiful, modern and bright, with its own patio that overlooks the pool, and the mountains and sea in the distance.

The pool is the centrepiece of the Hotel, and accentuates the whole place.

We had dinner at Nobu which for me is always a religious experience, and Chef Shabu did not disappoint, offering us his very best. Thank you!

We were popping in & out of the the pool bar throughout our stay, and Special THANKS to the great bartenders, Christos and Pavos, who were fun, gracious, and most professional. Thanks for all the tips as well.

Special Thanks to the tireless Yannis, who took our order and delivered our breakfast in record time, always with a beaming smile.

Also a Special Thank you to Anna and the team at reception, who went out of their way to accommadate our every need.

So what more can I say...Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Food, Great Location!

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the Pool if you want a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had dinner there and the Hotel is fantastic. The location is great.the hotel stunning with a central pool and modern magic. I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great, I highly recommend this Hotel, it is beautiful and would definitely retu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Londinium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just realised I never wrote a review for my favourite hotel in Mykonos!

Last year, we had to plan our wedding. I wanted Mykonos because I spent all my summers there since I was 14. After a LOT of planning, research etc etc, we chose to have our wedding at the Belvedere. The location is GREAT, it's beautiful, it's sophisticated.
Our wedding was amazing! Delicious food, amazing service, perfect cocktails, decoration etc.

I stayed there 10 days and I loved every single bit of it.
The breakfast by the pool, the cocktails before going out, the staff, the room, the service, the atmosphere. My whole family took rooms there too and loved it.

When you book it, I suggest you book the new generation rooms. They make a big difference.
They have all the amenities you might need. Amazing bathroom, very clean. Ultra comfy bed. Wifi. It's just very cosy, it looks sleek and quite roomy (especially considering you are in the centre of Mykonos!).

The food is to die for. Trust me, they know what they are doing! There is also Nobu there, which is also amazing.

The location is the best. You are in the centre of Mykonos so you can pop out any time. The view from the hotel is so nice.

What I loved the most is the relationship I had with the staff. They understood what I wanted for the wedding, they delivered everything we asked for.
The manager, Mr Vonglis, became a sort of "wedding planner" and he made the wedding happen. Everything was perfect.

Seriously, if you like all the luxury you find in the big cities, go to the Belvedere. You might find it a bit expensive but it's worth it. Much more that in other hotels in Mykonos! You will be pleased with the service, the stuff, the atmosphere, the people. It's very cosmopolite, eclectic and cool.

Room Tip: Go for the new generation rooms. The normal rooms need a little revamp.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very modern hotel with great facilities, friendly staff with an awesome view. Fantastic pool which I thouroughly enjoyed lazing about during the day. Close enough to all of the action but far enough away in a quieter area of town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for your positive feedback.
We hope we are going to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Belvedere!