“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belvedere

You added Hotel Belvedere to your Saves list
Hotel Belvedere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   School of Fine Arts District, Mykonos Town 84 600, Greece   |
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very modern hotel with great facilities, friendly staff with an awesome view. Fantastic pool which I thouroughly enjoyed lazing about during the day. Close enough to all of the action but far enough away in a quieter area of town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for your positive feedback.
We hope we are going to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Belvedere!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Modern looking, chic, hi tech features, amazing pool, great location...Room is spacious and has a great bathroom amd wifi. Hotel is a great find and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't be happier with decision to stay here. Boutique style hotel with incredible attention to detail (kiehls bath products) and service could not be better. Any request we made they went out of their way to help us. Location is great as in Mykonos town but quieter area. A must!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has everything . Location, attentive and professional staff, amazing food, and best of all the Management.
I was here over Greek Easter, and was lucky enough to have Easter Saturday dinner here.
The meal was one of the best I have had in Greece.great place to stay and eat.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

As I am performing a very hectic job, which is flight attendant at Qatar airways, decided to make my holidays at the Belvedere Hotel in Mykonos.
Due to the financial crisis, I have booked a classic non renovated room and have to "say" only great thing about the hotel and its team. They warmly welcomed me at the airport, without having asked about a transfer. The battler smoothly drove me to the hotel and the experienced front office manager with her team tried to upsell me to a renovated new generation room. They looked wonderfull and I had been informed that the Rockwell Group took care of the renovation. As mentioned above, my restricted budget forced me to stay in a non renovated classic standard room which was very cosy, comfortable and extremely well equipped. I strongly recommend this property as the top hotel in the destination Mykonos and believe me, by being a flight attendant and spending per year more than 250 room nights in hotels, the Belvedere and its team, is by far ahead one of the best I have stayed in. Because of weather conditions, the day of my departure, my flight was cancelled and was forced to stay one more overnight at the island. The Belvedere was sold out and chose to stay at the Cavo Tagoo. If I have to compare the Belvedere Hotel with the color WHITE- for sure the Cavo Tagoo is the total BLACK. Rooms with no value for money, attitude which has nothing to do with hospitality and for sure location of the hotel not in town as they advertise. Dear trip advisor thanks for helping me whenever I travel to chose the best hotels worldwide based on the remarks of your honorable travellers and members of your great club.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are really very good!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
mahe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very nice hotel in the heart of Mykonos town. Great views from our room. Nice pool area. The staff was very helpful. The only thing that we did not like was that it is very expensive. But, Mykonos in general is expensive and Belvedere hotel has a great location. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

The hotel is rated one of the best small boutique hotels and that is why we booked it. Obviously they did not rate the service here. Hotel is certainly very nice but given the price, the rooms are small and the service is quite lacking. In all the luxury hotels I have stayed in through the years, I have never been treated so poorly in my life. We were constantly talked down to by the staff and by the general manager for apparently breaking rules and policies we were not even aware of (e.g. forgive me for bringing a bottle of water to the pool that was not purchased through the hotel - how was I supposed to know that was not allowed?) The clincher was when we checked out and the bill included charges that did not belong to us. When we asked to have it corrected, they refused and said no mistake was made. The general manager simply dismissed us by literally waving his hand at us and told us to dispute it with our credit card company if we can't afford to pay it. I was shocked! The staff then refused to hold our bags (indicated it was their policy not to store bags due to security issues while others had their bags stored right in front of our eyes) and also refused to help us call for a cab. I could not believe how rude they were. If you plan to stay here, be sure to ask for a list of the rules and policies of the hotel, else you inadvertently break one and end up facing the wrath of the general manager and his staff and see no services provided to you for the rest of your stay as your punishment. Plenty of nice hotels in Mykonos - I would advise you to pick another one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry your stay in our property and generally on the island was not up to your standards.
Hope that next time you will visit us - we are going to be able to change your mind.
Historically we have been proven as a hotel which knows how to take care each client.

Regards

Christofer Vonglis

Been to Hotel Belvedere? Share your experiences!