“Holidays in Belvedere Mykonos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belvedere

You added Hotel Belvedere to your Saves list
Hotel Belvedere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   School of Fine Arts District, Mykonos Town 84 600, Greece   |
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
London, United Kingdom
“Holidays in Belvedere Mykonos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

As I am performing a very hectic job, which is flight attendant at Qatar airways, decided to make my holidays at the Belvedere Hotel in Mykonos.
Due to the financial crisis, I have booked a classic non renovated room and have to "say" only great thing about the hotel and its team. They warmly welcomed me at the airport, without having asked about a transfer. The battler smoothly drove me to the hotel and the experienced front office manager with her team tried to upsell me to a renovated new generation room. They looked wonderfull and I had been informed that the Rockwell Group took care of the renovation. As mentioned above, my restricted budget forced me to stay in a non renovated classic standard room which was very cosy, comfortable and extremely well equipped. I strongly recommend this property as the top hotel in the destination Mykonos and believe me, by being a flight attendant and spending per year more than 250 room nights in hotels, the Belvedere and its team, is by far ahead one of the best I have stayed in. Because of weather conditions, the day of my departure, my flight was cancelled and was forced to stay one more overnight at the island. The Belvedere was sold out and chose to stay at the Cavo Tagoo. If I have to compare the Belvedere Hotel with the color WHITE- for sure the Cavo Tagoo is the total BLACK. Rooms with no value for money, attitude which has nothing to do with hospitality and for sure location of the hotel not in town as they advertise. Dear trip advisor thanks for helping me whenever I travel to chose the best hotels worldwide based on the remarks of your honorable travellers and members of your great club.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are really very good!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
mahe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very nice hotel in the heart of Mykonos town. Great views from our room. Nice pool area. The staff was very helpful. The only thing that we did not like was that it is very expensive. But, Mykonos in general is expensive and Belvedere hotel has a great location. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

The hotel is rated one of the best small boutique hotels and that is why we booked it. Obviously they did not rate the service here. Hotel is certainly very nice but given the price, the rooms are small and the service is quite lacking. In all the luxury hotels I have stayed in through the years, I have never been treated so poorly in my life. We were constantly talked down to by the staff and by the general manager for apparently breaking rules and policies we were not even aware of (e.g. forgive me for bringing a bottle of water to the pool that was not purchased through the hotel - how was I supposed to know that was not allowed?) The clincher was when we checked out and the bill included charges that did not belong to us. When we asked to have it corrected, they refused and said no mistake was made. The general manager simply dismissed us by literally waving his hand at us and told us to dispute it with our credit card company if we can't afford to pay it. I was shocked! The staff then refused to hold our bags (indicated it was their policy not to store bags due to security issues while others had their bags stored right in front of our eyes) and also refused to help us call for a cab. I could not believe how rude they were. If you plan to stay here, be sure to ask for a list of the rules and policies of the hotel, else you inadvertently break one and end up facing the wrath of the general manager and his staff and see no services provided to you for the rest of your stay as your punishment. Plenty of nice hotels in Mykonos - I would advise you to pick another one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry your stay in our property and generally on the island was not up to your standards.
Hope that next time you will visit us - we are going to be able to change your mind.
Historically we have been proven as a hotel which knows how to take care each client.

Regards

Christofer Vonglis
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed at the Belvedere with a group of friends who regularly travel to Mykonos and always stay there. They love the place, so unless I wanted to stay on my own some place else, there was not much of a question of where to stay. It was peak of the season and rooms were very pricy. I went for the least expensive option. My room was a "cave", it only had one window which was actually the glassed entry door, so I hardly got any light in it. The room was clean and the size was ok. The bathroom was pretty naked. Decoration is understated, very clean. I'd say that if I judge by the room, the hotel is definitely not worth staying at. However, I hardly spent time in it, other than getting ready and sleeping. But I did spend a lot of time in the pool and in the restaurant, so it was definitely worth the money. The pool area is gorgeous and the service is very good. I had wonderful meals at the restaurant and wonderful drinks at the bar. The singer is amazing. Yes, I could have gone there just for the evening and stay elsewhere, but it was just wonderful to be able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel I was staying at, and all that right in the centre of Mykonos. I will be going back next year. On an negative note, it is pretty ridiculous that a hotel of this category charges (and nicely) for water in the room. Also, the fact that towards the end of the afternoon, early evening they start getting the pool area ready for the dinner, does stop guests from being able to view the sunset from the pool area, which is a shame....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

It is quite rare that a hotel is more attractive in reality than its web pictures.
This I find the case to be with Belvedere. Very very nice design with a human touch!

The location is excellent, walking distance to all in town restaurants, bars, clubs and sights.
I also enjoyed the friendly service as well.

Just a word of warning. This hotel (like many others) has different kinds of rooms at different rates. If you want to have a breathtaking view all over Mykonos, make sure you book the right room. If a comfortable room with great design is enough, they have that too at a more affordable rate.

In any case you will not go wrong.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no view so know what you book.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We arrived the day before Yesterday. The transport from airport and getting back the lost suitcases was good organized .First surprise- the restaurant close at 5 pm. Now we arrived from dinner in the citY they phoned to our room , that breakfast tomorrow will only be served in the rooms. I'm not sure if I am allouwed to leave the room during the day or Do I have to clean the room by myself.That doesn't make me feel like hollydays in a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We would like to remind you that during your stay we explained you that due to very low occupancy caused by large cancellations due to the strikes in Greece- we changed the service of the breakfast into room service type. Aslo for you specially due to long stay- service at the executive lounge has been given as alternative. You refused this special treatment and you accepted the room service. Also housekeeping and front office have completed their duties during your stay as you mentioned to us today during our meeting. Hope that next time you will choose to travel to Mykonos we will be again the hotel of your choice and that external reasons such as strikes and european ecomonical financial crisis will not so dramatically influence the destination and your holidays.
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were spoilt and pampered at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel before this. What greeted us was great designer decor w cold treatment. Sure designer furniture and lush fittings are cool but where's the human touch?

Worse. For this exorbitant price I would expect good breakfast. This is the first hotel ever where I get no eggs. Yes, you have to pay extra for eggs. How much? 6.50 euros for boiled eggs or scrambled eggs. 6 freaking euros for something I pick up, throw into a boiling pot for a few cents. Inflation on turbo mode.

Would I come back again? I am hard pressed to find a reason.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing with us your opinion. We have been nominated several times not for the renovation only and the great status of the hotel but mainly for our human relations with guests. We are sorry we did not suceed to make you fell home far from home and hope we will be able in the near futre to have you back and pamper you. Please make note that for your next reservation to pay attention of the details of the ovenight that offers continental Belvedere breakfast. That means that items such as eggs and pancakes are considered a la carte items.

Been to Hotel Belvedere? Share your experiences!