“It was a really great experience and i will come back again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belvedere

You added Hotel Belvedere to your Saves list
Hotel Belvedere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   School of Fine Arts District, Mykonos Town 84 600, Greece   |
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
London, United Kingdom
“It was a really great experience and i will come back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

As I am performing a very hectic job, which is flight attendant at Qatar airways, decided to make my holidays at the Belvedere Hotel in Mykonos.
Due to the financial crisis, I have booked a classic non renovated room and have to "say" only great thing about the hotel and its team. They warmly welcomed me at the airport, without having asked about a transfer. The battler smoothly drove me to the hotel and the experienced front office manager with her team tried to upsell me to a renovated new generation room. They looked wonderfull and I had been informed that the Rockwell Group took care of the renovation. As mentioned above, my restricted budget forced me to stay in a non renovated classic standard room which was very cosy, comfortable and extremely well equipped. I strongly recommend this property as the top hotel in the destination Mykonos and believe me, by being a flight attendant and spending per year more than 250 room nights in hotels, the Belvedere and its team, is by far ahead one of the best I have stayed in. Because of weather conditions, the day of my departure, my flight was cancelled and was forced to stay one more overnight at the island. The Belvedere was sold out and chose to stay at the Cavo Tagoo. If I have to compare the Belvedere Hotel with the color WHITE- for sure the Cavo Tagoo is the total BLACK. Rooms with no value for money, attitude which has nothing to do with hospitality and for sure location of the hotel not in town as they advertise. Dear trip advisor thanks for helping me whenever I travel to chose the best hotels worldwide based on the remarks of your honorable travellers and members of your great club.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
cvonglis, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
It will be an honour to have you back with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Very nice hotel, great location, very central, walking distance to town and I found all the staff very friendly.
The new remodeled rooms are impeccable, my balcony overlooking the port and the swimming pool was perfect.
The breakfast was delicious with typical fresh greek products.
We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Tiny rooms, nearly no closet space, furniture that falls apart, dirty bedsheets, dirty shower curtain, filthy bathroom - should this be a five star hotel?
On top of this it is stricktly impossible to sleep because of the noise!!! The bar and restaurants around the pool are playing loud music until 3:00 am! People are loud, drunk and unpleasant all night in front of your room!
The management is not cooperative and arrogant.
The pool can not be used after 5:00pm because they set up the restaurant and bar tables around it! This should be the best time to relax there! Same thing with the gym: at 8:00pm the lights are switching off! No more use possible!
Who rates this hotel to be a five star? Their prices are 6 stars - but the value is less than 1 star!
DO NOT GO TO THIS RIPP OFF!
Mykonos has MUCH MUCH better places!

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Mixed review of this hotel.

Good things
Front desk staff are really really helpful and always friendly.
Good valet parking service for car
Housekeeping do a good job

Bad things
We were not in a modernised room featured in the brochure and on the website.
The pool area gets invaded from around 4pm by hordes of people turning it into a
night time cool hang out spot and you are made to feel like you are a real inconvenience if you are there. its really annoying as the sun is shining til around 7pm
Pool area is cramped and there is no poolside service at all.
Room was very dark and small and had a hairdryer attached to the wall that would be more at home in a $30 motel.
The bathroom is best described as unmodernised the bath has a cheap plastic shower curtain on it and its cramped.
Towards the end of our holiday the hotel decided that only one person per room could use the wifi. i thought something was wrong with my computer and spent ages consulting computer guy in london then someone casually told me this was the policy that had now been decided as the hotel was full. I told them i thought it was really terrible in a 5 star hotel and if that was the policy why had the manager not put a note through our door to explain that was happening.
The manager did not come and introduce himself at all to us and we were there for 10 days.
The pool area is alive and noisy until 2am. The hotel really needs to decide whether it is running a luxury hotel with guests as their first priority or a nightclub for rich 20 year olds as trying to do both does not help with sleep quality.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
aflorakou, General Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing with us your remarks related to your last stay. I regret I did not have the chance to meet you in person during your stay. Hopefully within the next winter period we will be able to complete additional renovation in the classic standard room that you have booked. The hotel became famous because of each combination being a great hospitality example on the island as well combined a very alive environment within the premises. When the set up in the pool area starts, for transforming it into the Mathuhisa restaurant and lounge area, we always propose to guests after 17:00 to use the upper decks which are not involved with this set up process. The heavy and large cruise ships which often are more than 5 at the same time and carry at the time more than 25,000 cruisers-create difficulties with the wi-fi of the hotels located in town; this is the reason that in the high season we have difficulties with this service within the premises- but we are making all efforts possible to eliminate the problem. We sincerely apologise for not have been able to offer you the great hospitality we know to provide, and strongly hope we will be able to have you soon with us to change your mind.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Ok, I booked my hotel room at the Belvedere Mykonos, and decided to splurge and get one with a balcony overlooking the pool or sea. Great. It was 500.00 EURO, you do math, expensive. Ok, I get there, go in lobby, tiny tiny, go down stairs to get to pool area, cramped to be honest, but chic, am escorted up some stairs where there is a small area in front of a door with a table and chair, ok, then the door opens to a room that is gross looking, dingy, the size of a closet, one window overlooking the street, and its so dark. I'm like, no. NO way. I asked about balcony overlooking sea/pool and she told me that it's the threshold of the entry way! To enjoy my balcony I have to walk out of my room to the common walkway area and that chair and table is it. I didn't even go in. I said I am not staying here, want my money/deposit back and threw a quiet, well mannered hissy fit. They were arrogant and snobby. I told them it was a dungeon, it was! They would not refund me my deposit, I ate it, it was that bad, seriously. I booked myself straight away in CavoTagoo. When I got to CavoTagoo they greeting me with open arms, the place was shockingly open the sea was right there, infinity pool, bright, light everything you dream of Greece. and immediately upon entering, a glass of champagne was put into my hand to greet me. The rooms were bright, blindingly bright, HUGE private balconies with expansive view of sea and town. A woman working at CavoTagoo told me a couple with a baby did the same thing I did because their room at The Belvedere was so dark and gross, and dirty and they couldn't stay there with their baby! CavoTagoo made up for the horror that is The Belvedere. Buyer beware, the photos on the Belvedere make up a small small amount of renovated rooms already booked by the millionaire playboys. You will get a hovel dungeon. Oh, the room at CavoTagoo was 420.00 Euro.
Hope that is helpful for future Mykonos travelers.
Cheers!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your opinion about our property and thank you for comparing us with the Cavo Tagoo. Comparison within hotels within the same destination is always valuable for all 3 parties ( the 2 hotels and the travellers). We believe that Cavo Tagoo is a very correct and valuable competitor and we glad that at the end your holidays were fine. We are sorry that when you booked eventhough it is clearly marked in the reservations conditions - we were not able to communicate stronger to you that good faith deposit during the high season is not refundable. Also, the well designed, as well awarded web siteof the hotel, has clear marks and correct guidance on all photos- related to new generation or to classic standard rooms. We sincerely hope that during your next trip to Mykonos you will choose us again directly or indirectly and I will make sure - subject to availability that upgrade will be offered for making this year lost deposit get a value out of it. Your valuable remarks make us become better and we thank you once again for your time shared via our great collaborator which is the trip advisor.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I spent three days and three nights at the Hotel Belvedere and our stay very much surpassed our lofty expectations. The GM, Christopher Vonglis, is an experienced and attentive 5-Star resort manager who goes out of his way to make each guest feel welcome and special. Ditto for the handsome young desk and concierge staff who are friendly, speak perfect English, and delighted to help out in any way possible. The pool scene is world class as is the service at the property. Although we didn't dine at Nobu, surely its poolside venue is as special as it is unique. While not cheap, the overall experience more than justifies the tariff; highly recommended if you are traveling to Mykonos!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the rooms that has been recently remodeled - which represents roughly 50...