“Street fine dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London
“Street fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had the great pleasure of eating at Nautilus last night. Like many reviewers we weren't specifically looking for anything but was immediately taken in by the welcoming host and the setting. Located on a busy street, the option of sitting outside is one which provides endless people watching.
Our meal consisted of a grilled cheese starter and beetroot risotto and portobello mushrooms in balsamic starter with pork fillet. The food was delicious and well complimented by a local merlot. The staff were relaxed without being overly familiar. Well worth a visit. Expect London prices especially if you are seeking to take advantage of the truly fresh catches of the day.

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here our second night in Mykonos while we were there for our honeymoon. What drew us in was that the gentleman out front offered to dispose of an empty bottle for us. He was so kind and enthusiastic, we just had to spend more time with him! We were glad we did. We loved the bread and dips they brought out for us, and the great selection of cocktails and wine to have with our meal. My seabass was fresh, seasoned subtly, but very tasty. My husband loved his beef and potato so much I thought he would lick the plate! They brought us a lovely dessert at the end which we savored with some coffee. It was a pleasant and memorable evening - we felt so welcomed and pampered by the attentive staff. You must eat here when you are in Mykonos!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Caloundra, Australia
“A wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Professionally operated and friendly. Brilliant food, good wine, wonderful atmosphere and great service

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent (but expensive)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

THE BEST FOOD out of anywhere we ate in Mykonos, with the nicest wine we drank in Mykonos.
First line says it all really. The quality of food was superb, could not be knocked. My fresh fish linguini was superb quality. I'd not heard of the fish, but it needn't matter - it was excellent. As was my wife's seabass.
The wine was very light and refreshing. Our waiter was really friendly and made us feel welcome.

The only reason I've not given 5* is due to value for money. 2 courses plus wine was equivalent of £68 (about 80euros). I'd choke on my food paying that much if I wasn't on holiday!
We ate at quite a few nice restaurants on our trip though, and the one thing they had in common was they were expensive - don't expect to go to this greek island to grab a bargain!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“DELICIOUS- a definite MUST while staying in Mykonos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Yes, we got lost trying to find this place but were very glad when we finally did! The wait staff were so lovely and friendly!! Full of suggestions, info and knowledge of every menu item! We decided to try lots of little dishes in order to have a range of different foods! What a great idea that was as everything was AMAZING!! The top of our list was definitely the grilled occy! WOW!! We also loved the grilled eggplant, the cheeses, mushrooms and marinated octopus! We had delicious Sav Blanc wine and totally enjoyed our mini degustation!! My husband wants to go back tonight... But I think we need to explore a bit more!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere