“Over Rated but very well situated” 4 of 5 stars

Porto Mykonos Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mykonos Island, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #57 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Beirut
“Over Rated but very well situated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

The staff is charming, the hotel is very well situated, the rooms are ok but the bathrooms are old and not up to the standard. The breakfast is not waw. Nice pool to relax.
For the price we paid we expected a bit more of the hotel.
The overall experience is good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I was very happy with the room as it was spacious, provided plenty of light and had a patio with great views of the sea. The furniture and fittings were dated but not to the extent it was offensive. As noted here on TripAdivisor some of the rooms are quite small. This was the case with the first room I was put into and I requested another. The staff were friendly and compliant with my request to put me into a satisfying room.

The views from the restaurant where breakfast is served and from the pool are beautiful. The photos on their site do not do the hotel justice. We spent several hours each morning on the patio taking in the view while drinking coffee and catching up on the news on our laptops. The food at the breakfast buffet was average.

The staff were great in all regards with providing assistance.

The best thing about the hotel is the location as it is right on the edge of the busy town. A short 5 minute walk down the hill put you right into the heart of Mykonos Town. When getting dropped off by the boat for a day trip to Delos it only took 10 minutes to walk back to the hotel.

I would come back on my next trip to Mykonos and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

My travel agent booked a suite for us at the Porto Mykonos hotel, and the room was more like a prison cell at Guantanamo bay. They put us in a 10 foot wide concrete circle windmill with low ceilings, nowhere to sit except a concrete bench, and 2 windows 12 inches big. You couldn't stand or breathe in that place. When I went to the front desk to say my room was wrong they said this was one of our 3 suites, and I then asked to see if they had any other rooms we could look at and switch into which they say they did not. Thankfully I was able to find another room at a more upscale hotel. Went I went to check out (an hour or two after arrival) then Magically they all of a sudden had another room. I did leave and went to the Myconian Ambassador which was great.

I should have read the trip advisor reviews before hand, as this place doesn't have the best reviews.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

This is a very basic hotel in a great location at the harbor and close (walking distance) to everything. The rooms are clean,and common areas are well maintained. Full breakfast buffet with outdoor seating facing the harbor with great views.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor facing the harbor offers great views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

We loved this hotel, our accommodation was down at the bottom of the hotel, few stairs, it was great, quite roomy, we had three sharing but it was plenty big enough. Just had a problem with the hot water pipes in the shower, they are so HOT accidently burnt my arm so they need to put sign up saying be careful, other than that it was great, breakfast each morning was lovely and the pool area great, staff fantastic, not too far from the main town, close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Our room was at the bottom of the hotel but the view was fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

We were amazed when we arrived at this hotel. The view from the terrace outside the lobby is amazing. Also, the pool area is beautiful. Our room, however, could have been better. The bed was very soft (not great for bad backs), and was basically an old queen size mattress, with a double bed pad on top. We were sleeping in holes all night! We did have a lovely view, but were on the first floor. The receptionist was almost rude when we arrived, telling us there were no other rooms, and trying to ship us out to another hotel for one night. We turned this down, not wanting to move around more than we were (3 hotels in 10 days!). The next day, we asked if another room had become available, and again, she snapped at us and told us not until the following day. At that point, we had settled in, and were leaving two days later, so didn't bother to ask again. I'm sure that's what they hope for - put you off for a couple of days, and then you won't bother to move. This was booked in June, so it wasn't like they didn't know we were arriving!

We were a little concerned about security. The lock on the door was flimsy and easily opened. We slept with a chair propped under the handle.

Breakfast was a little disappointing, not much variety.

The location of the hotel is very good. It is a 10 - 15 minute walk to the centre of Mykonos Town. We were very happy with the location. Close to everything, but set a little apart from the action and quiet.

The day we left the ferries were cancelled, and there was a mad rush to get us out on a larger ferry, 5 hours before we were supposed to leave. No one told us about this, and we almost missed the ferry by going into town. We just happened to be going into the lobby for something when my husband overheard the front desk telling someone else about this. I'm not sure who to blame here, the tour operator, or the hotel. In any case, we asked what was going on, and were told we were being picked up in 40 minutes. Good thing we didn't go to town for breakfast! The hotel knew about this, but did not pass the message on to anyone in our group! I think the problem was with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

We were apprehensive before our stay after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor. However, we were pleasantly surprised :)

We stayed in room 225 - a classic sea view room. The room might not be the most modern, but is clean, simple and comes with a WONDERFUL view of the sea. I could sit and just look out the whole day. And fortunately for us, the bathroom (which seems to be the main concern of most of the reviews we saw) is fine and clean as well. I made use of the gym as well - again, it might not be new, but is more than adequate for me as I just need a space for HIIT workout without disturbing my husband in the room. The staff who showed me the gym was very nice and told me that it is just a simple workout area before showing me.

But what we really enjoyed was the excellent service and assistance rendered to us during our stay and particularly on the morning of our departure, when your staff was at the port to help us to catch the ferry after our initial ferry was cancelled.

The location is the hotel is fantastic - just 5min to town.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Porto Mykonos Hotel? Share your experiences!