“Lovely service, shame about the food.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 170 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely service, shame about the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited as a party of 10 during our stay in mykonos after reading trip advisor recommendations. The restaurant did an excellent job of moving tables to squeeze us in and were very friendly. Unfortunately the food was terrible, greasy stuffed Aubergine covered in cheese, rubbery calamari. The mains were no better and we all left feeling that it did not offer value for money at all. The best thing about our visit was that the restaurant recomended a local cocktail bar, Lola's, which was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little claustrophobic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We dined at this restaurant during our 2 weeks in Mykonos Town. The food and service was good but the restaurant tries to cram in too many people and tables in to the space they have. We were sat on the front row by the entrance and the adjoining tables were just too close. It felt a little uncomfortable with the people next to us also feeling like we were in their personal space, over hearing each other’s conversations, etc. My advice is take out a 2 or 3 tables; otherwise doing well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spring, Texas
“Hidden Gem in Middle of Mykonos Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our cruise made an unscheduled stop in Mykonos because of violence in the streets of Athens. So without planning, we were left to wander the streets. We bumped into some friends from the cruise while lost in misdirected streets and they highly recommended Fato a Mano based on their early lunch. So along with some other friends, we heeded their advice. Great call! I was not surprised to see the love here on TripAdvisor after the fact. There are some tables inside but most are out on the patio where we sat in those big wicker chairs some earlier reviews panned. For us, they added to the charm.

The appetizers of bread with yogurt dip and the fruit plate were delightful on a warm, sunny day. The location shields it from the islands well deserved reputation for being gusty. My wife & I both ordered Greek Salads and it was not only fresh and tasty but also exceptionally large.

For our main course, we both chose lunch specials off the chalk board near our table. My wife went with the traditional moussaka. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I took a few bites but I am not a huge eggplant guy so I should probably avoid offering opinions as such.

I chose a plate of calimari legs. Yeah, not a very original selection. But they were very well prepared and for something I considered a light lunch it was outstanding.

My wife topped off her lunch with an espresso that seemed to leave her smiling. We'll be back on our next Greek Isles cruise.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“doesn't get much better than this...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was hands down the best restaurant we ate at in Mykonos! The service was excellent, and the food… divine! We dined here twice during our stay, the first time I had the stuffed beef burger, and the second, the moussaka. My partner had the chicken and bacon souvlaki twice, and I can confirm after trying it that it was fantastic too. Both were absolutely excellent, and the house white wine was crisp and deliciously matched to our food. The complimentary dessert and liqueur to follow was very thoughtful also.

The décor is lovely, the relaxed outdoor dining in comfortable seat just excellent.

The manager (I think) even recommended some bars for us to hit later at night… unfortunately we couldn’t stay up until 1am when they really got going… must be getting too old. But the gesture was well appreciated!

Wishing there was a Fato e Mano here in Australia! Bravo.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice but not great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is very welcoming and the staff are super. Food wise, it's simple and honest, but not stunning. In fact, the rice we had when we went was inedible- but that did not ruin the meal.
The chairs, we sat at the front, are not suitable for dining! We "sank" into the chair, so it made eating rather uncomfortable- better to ask for tables in the middle.
Not bad, just ok.