“1st Experience of Solo Travelling: An AMAZING stay at Bobby's, Vouniotis Pensions and experience of the Island!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lagada Pension

Save Saved
You added Lagada Pension to your Saves list
Lagada Pension
Vrissi, Mykonos Town 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #25 of 45 Mykonos Town B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bobby kept in touch with me regularly prior to my booking my accommodation. I was greeted by him and collected to & from the airport, which included insightful Island information, he passed onto me as we drove to Vouniotis Pensions.

There is a supermarket next door, so it's easy to pick up your supplies. There is a bus stop adjacent, which takes you directly to one of the many beaches on the island, Paradise Beach. The bus service was excellent and was always on time. From the accommodation, it is literally a 10 minute walk into Mykonos town. It's absolutely gorgeous and well worth taking in the view in, on foot.

My accommodation was clean, comfortable and very affordable. The free wi-fi was excellent too!!! Maria, responsible for house keeping, kept my room spic and span - THANK YOU.

The garden area is tranquil and lovely to relax in, have food and drinks & meet fellow dwellers.

As a solo first time traveller, Bobby was VERY helpful on any questions I had. He really made me feel like it was, 'home from home' :) THANK YOU Bobby, for your hospitality and kindness .... particularly when picking me up in the early hours of my 2nd morning, when my new found Greek friends, were dropping me off n were unable to find where I was staying .... The irony was that they literally were staying around the corner from me! :)

Night or day Mykonos is a beautiful island to experience. It truly is the island of compansionship & friendships. I will definitely return.

p.s. All the beaches are flawless. Elias Beach is absolutely gorgeous tho, very swishy n chilled out. A bus can be taken from the far side of Mykonos Town, which takes you directly there for a couple of Euros, it's about a 20 min journey.

.... & if you get the chance, check out the neighbouring Island of Delos: ancient archaelogical city, birth place of Apollo. You catch the boat from Mykonos port.

..... as you can see I had an amazing time & I'm sure you will love staying at Bobby's place and visiting the island, Once again, thanks Bobby :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We liked our stay here. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.It was like a summer house.The bus-stop was very near and you can easily go to the beaches.Next to the hotel there was a supermarket where you can easily find everything reasonable.Apart from all these,Bobby,the landlord was really amazing. He was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Mr Bobby was very nice with us.. He picked us from the airport and drove us back aswell.. the rooms where very clean and tiddy... the location was exeland because it was near the senter but far from the noise.. the buss stop was very convinient for every beach we wished and the hotelpeople were very helpfull and hospitable.. i will visit again soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

First of all, i will give a little background here as a basis for my review. I have never experienced a hostel before, and in all honesty i didn't care too. I am a hotel person, and i like to go 5 star, as i always want my holidays to promise something more than my day to day life.

Well any apprehension i had was immediately eliminated within an hour of arrival. The rooms were cleaned to a great standard every day, and the size , whilst not large, was absolutely fine. Bathrooms were clean with nothing to complain about.

Wifi was available and provided via a card with details and key on it upon arrival, another great luxury, as we were able to plan our evenings and check for local nightspots.

The outdoor courtyard was naturally very good looking, with many tables and chairs and some attractive greenery, it made for a nice gathering position before we went out to Mykonos town.

I should point out, the walk to mykonos town takes about 15 minutes or slightly more, it is downhill on the way to the town, so it makes for a slightly steep return journey. Honestly though, being so high you will see some beautiful views along the way, and it really wasn't a problem.

I would certainly return to Bobby's place, and in all likelihood, probably will.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here with my sister and I must say, the location isn't exactly ideal, but i guess you get what you pay for. To get to town, you can take a bus (but it does not come frequently), or walk down a windy road with no pavement (making it rather scary) for a full 15 - 20 min. Along the way there is a nice restaurant and hotel which we visited twice and had lovely views of the sunset - you won't miss this place although I've forgotten the name!

Bobby picked us up from the port. He is big, funny guy who seems rather scary but is actually really nice as long as you don't rub him the wrong way. On our departure date he dropped us off at the new port and there was another 3 girls joining us in the car - but they were late, and he started shouting at them not to waste his time while we sat in the car laughing.

There is a convenience store right next door so it's pretty convenient. We got some milk and cereal and bobby lent us bowls and spoons in the morning. He also specified that if we were going to the beach, that we could borrow separate beach towels. He also told us the bus we could take to the beaches (bus stop is right outside as well).

The room itself was decent, with a fridge too and a huge cupboard for your stuff. I took the stairs up to the room and got a nice view!

If you are looking for a simple room and you don't mind walking a fair bit to the main town + little venice, you should try this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was on Mykonos for a conference held on the other side of the island, Bobby picked me up from the port and drove me to the airport when I left, he also sorted out me getting a scooter at a very reasonable price which I needed to commute on everyday to the conference. The accommodation has a really nice courtyard with plum trees and some tables infront of all of the rooms which was really nice to use for breakfast. I didn't really spend any time in my room other than getting in late and leaving early, but the room was clean and functional if a little dark. Maybe I didn't find the best way, but it's a bit of a walk to get to the old town or anywhere else, with the scooter though this is no problem, and there's a supermarket right opposite the accommodation. Overall I had a great stay here at a very affordable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
panama city, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends on a post-college graduation Europe trip. We were very picky when booking hotels, and relied on a friend's recommendation for Vouniotis Pension. Bobby, the owner, picked us up from the ferry port, and was eager to tell us all about Mykonos, how to get around, and where to avoid. Unlike other reviews, we certainly ended up at Vouniotis Pension, aka Bobby's Place, and loved every minute of it. The room was nothing fancy (ours had 3 twin beds), but very clean, and came with a mini fridge and microwave. There is a lovely patio/courtyard area where we enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch. We had no problem walking to town, though it was slightly treacherous considering the narrow streets of Mykonos. There's even a convenient market less than a stone's throw away from the hotel. It's not very close to the beach, but part of the fun of staying in Mykonos is exploring the island on atv's! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Mykonos!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Lagada Pension? Share your experiences!