“Great food, great view” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Great food, great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The owner is extremely nice and welcoming. The food was great as well. I had the Sea bass, as well as the hummus, which was fantastic! Can't beat the view during the day, or at night when the sun is setting. Overall great experience. Highly recommended.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not what we hoped.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on other people's reviews.

The view was excellent, but then someone came and sat on the balcony (we were just inside the window as it was windy) so I enjoyed a view of his head. Never mind, we hadn't come for the view.

Our starters were ok, no more than that. I had tomatoes and feta on crispy bread - well the tomatoes were ripe and the feta nice, but the bread was certainly not crispy and there was little variation. My husband had grilled vegetables, again this was ok, but nothing special.

I had sea bass for my main and this was a mistake. The 'fillet' contained over 20 small bones which made eating it a nightmare and I did not finish it. When pointing this out to the waitress, her comment was 'fish have bones...' well, yes they do, however you usually either sell it 'on the bone' or filleted I.e. without bones. No? My husband had Souvlaki which was again ok, but not as good as he had enjoyed at a local taverna the night before.

Finally we decided to try baklava. This was dry and lacking the delicious honey that is usually part of this dish.

Overall it cost nearly 100 euro, and was disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
stelios300, Manager at Katerina's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm sorry your experience at Katerina's was not a good one, and the waitress comment was wrong, and uncalled for....please please find it in you hart to forgive a new staff member of Katerina's .
As far as the rest of your review on Katerina's thank you for your objectivity , but my other reviews
speak for themselves ............
Canada
“Delicious Restaurant with an Incredible View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We absolutely loved the food and atmosphere at this restaurant! It seemed to be the popular place to eat in Mykonos and had a view to die for! The downstairs was a beautiful restaurant, while the upstairs was a bar that seemed to get quite busy later on in the night. If you are in Mykonos you should definitely give this spot a try!

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“The best risotto I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My daughter and I just happened upon this small gem of a restaurant during a stormy day in Mykonos. My porcini risotto was the best I have ever eaten anywhere. We watched the waves from the window above the sea and drank in the charm and atmosphere before returning to our cruise ship. The owner was welcoming and friendly. I would love to have the chance to return.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had seen Katerina's whilst walking around in the day and then seen the reviews on here and decided to try. The restaurant is small and welcoming. You can sit outside over the water of Little Venice but it was a bit of a squeeze and not overly warm so we declined in favour of a nice table inside.

You can hear the music from the bar above but as it was mostly eighties rock and pop it actually enhanced the evening for us! The menu is limited but none the worse for that as it was in the main very well cooked and tasted superb. Tzatziki and pitta moussaka, kleftiko baklava yoghurt and honey all superb and the wine excellent too. A charming waitress and a bill for two of 80 euro's. the only reason for a score of four rather than five may be a bit picky but the spinich and feta pastry was microwaved and whist really tasty the soggy consistency of the pastry let it down.

However an excellent evening and a place we would return to.

• 4 of 5 stars Food