“We were duped” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
New Zealand Westland
“We were duped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived at the port with no accommodation booked and decided to take a chance, Bobby presented us with a folder showing reasonable accommodation 10 minute walk to town and very quiet. We arrived and was shown to a room for 35 Euro per night, the windows were open but the room had a musty smell. We decided to give it a go for that one night at least so then went for the 10 min walk to explore the town after walking downhill on the dangerous road for 20 mins finally arrived to the town. Had very little sleep that night as other guests were outside the room talking and laughing into the night. We moved to another hotel the next morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Mt. Laurel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Bobby was very polite and accommodating. He picked us up from the boat dock as well as taking us to the airport. I liked having a refrigerator in the room, a mini mart close by, and walking to shops and the beach. No complaints with our stay - I would recommend it as far as pensions go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I arrived on Mykonos Island with no bookings or plans. Bobby approached me as I got off the ferry and offered me a room. We agreed on a very good price and the room was much nicer than I had in mind. Bobby was helpful and answered all my questions and helped out anyway he could.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bobby kept in touch with me regularly prior to my booking my accommodation. I was greeted by him and collected to & from the airport, which included insightful Island information, he passed onto me as we drove to Vouniotis Pensions.

There is a supermarket next door, so it's easy to pick up your supplies. There is a bus stop adjacent, which takes you directly to one of the many beaches on the island, Paradise Beach. The bus service was excellent and was always on time. From the accommodation, it is literally a 10 minute walk into Mykonos town. It's absolutely gorgeous and well worth taking in the view in, on foot.

My accommodation was clean, comfortable and very affordable. The free wi-fi was excellent too!!! Maria, responsible for house keeping, kept my room spic and span - THANK YOU.

The garden area is tranquil and lovely to relax in, have food and drinks & meet fellow dwellers.

As a solo first time traveller, Bobby was VERY helpful on any questions I had. He really made me feel like it was, 'home from home' :) THANK YOU Bobby, for your hospitality and kindness .... particularly when picking me up in the early hours of my 2nd morning, when my new found Greek friends, were dropping me off n were unable to find where I was staying .... The irony was that they literally were staying around the corner from me! :)

Night or day Mykonos is a beautiful island to experience. It truly is the island of compansionship & friendships. I will definitely return.

p.s. All the beaches are flawless. Elias Beach is absolutely gorgeous tho, very swishy n chilled out. A bus can be taken from the far side of Mykonos Town, which takes you directly there for a couple of Euros, it's about a 20 min journey.

.... & if you get the chance, check out the neighbouring Island of Delos: ancient archaelogical city, birth place of Apollo. You catch the boat from Mykonos port.

..... as you can see I had an amazing time & I'm sure you will love staying at Bobby's place and visiting the island, Once again, thanks Bobby :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We liked our stay here. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.It was like a summer house.The bus-stop was very near and you can easily go to the beaches.Next to the hotel there was a supermarket where you can easily find everything reasonable.Apart from all these,Bobby,the landlord was really amazing. He was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Mr Bobby was very nice with us.. He picked us from the airport and drove us back aswell.. the rooms where very clean and tiddy... the location was exeland because it was near the senter but far from the noise.. the buss stop was very convinient for every beach we wished and the hotelpeople were very helpfull and hospitable.. i will visit again soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

First of all, i will give a little background here as a basis for my review. I have never experienced a hostel before, and in all honesty i didn't care too. I am a hotel person, and i like to go 5 star, as i always want my holidays to promise something more than my day to day life.

Well any apprehension i had was immediately eliminated within an hour of arrival. The rooms were cleaned to a great standard every day, and the size , whilst not large, was absolutely fine. Bathrooms were clean with nothing to complain about.

Wifi was available and provided via a card with details and key on it upon arrival, another great luxury, as we were able to plan our evenings and check for local nightspots.

The outdoor courtyard was naturally very good looking, with many tables and chairs and some attractive greenery, it made for a nice gathering position before we went out to Mykonos town.

I should point out, the walk to mykonos town takes about 15 minutes or slightly more, it is downhill on the way to the town, so it makes for a slightly steep return journey. Honestly though, being so high you will see some beautiful views along the way, and it really wasn't a problem.

I would certainly return to Bobby's place, and in all likelihood, probably will.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends