“This hotel is ideal!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Scotland
“This hotel is ideal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Having read some of the reviews of this hotel, I was apprehensive about it. I needn't have worried. The hotel was nice, clean and ideally situated. The choice of food was great, the staff were friendly, if you were friendly towards them. This is my first experience of all-inclusive and I was pleasantly surprised. As for some of the negative reviews, I think some people just expect too much, after all this is a 3 star hotel and more than meets that criteria.

• Liked — It's location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
East London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

I came here for my first holiday abroad at 19 with just one of my girl mates, we didnt no what to really expect as we'd only ever been abroad with school and family.

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were so happy as our room was really nice, one of our walls had a gigantic mirror above our beds which was great when we got ready for clubbing, our bathroom was very nice, it was all marble. we had a kitchen and living room area, it cost us money to watch tv as there was a money slot. the pool area was not very big and basic, the hotel entertainment was quite good, they put n different themed shows.

the hotel had a laundry area which also had money slots. the staff were very polite and pleasant. we did however notice one day that our sunglasses were missing.

the strip of bars is at las veronicas, we would walk there for 20 - 25 mins every nite, occasionally used a taxi which was 5 - 7 euros. walk towards iberostar hotel. or ask for directions.

the beaches are magnificent, sum of the best ive seen. the watersports are excellent, there is alot to do!! we went go kating, water sports, catamaran dolphin watching etc.

overall i would give this hotel, holiday destination and the people 10/10, best holiday iv ever been to and ive been to many.

• Liked — the bedroom
  • Disliked — the tv
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HULL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

A really nice hotel,no waiting at the bar and the food was lovely.If you want a 5* Hotel then pay for one.This hotel is a 3* and good value for money.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — not child friendly
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

We booked this holiday for a reasonably priced (although not cheap!) break during the quiet winter months. Athough expected, as a 3* hotel, to be basic I did not expect the general untidy and unkempt appearance that we were met with.

Arriving in our room we were met with scuffs on the walls and doors and holes in the walls. We later discovered that the lock on the patio door was broken although this was fixed sometime later. We were so unhappy with our room we asked to be moved although this was not possible until the following day. I must stress that the replacement room was only a MINOR improvement.

The staff, including the bar staff and reception staff were both uninterested and downright rude. I would also like to add that although the rooms were cleaned daily our towels were twice left on the bathroom floor to be replaced with new ones, only to be hung up to dry by the cleaners!

I would never stay in this hotel and never reccomend it.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South East
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

me and my friend stayed here in September 08, it was fine!! a lot of people like to make a fuss over nothing.

the inital issue was a nice juicy cockroach in our bin cupboard, but we made the security man come up with a can of spray and kill the bugger!

After that we had a pleasant stay, the hotel is in a nice location, away from busy bars and clubs and is only a short walk down to the beach (there are a lot of steps and steep hills down) elderly/disabled might not want to come here for that reason.

Everything was in close proximity, the town of Playa De Las Americas was about 5 minutes in a taxi, which cost us around 6-10 euros, and there are some great bars there! lots of fun in the evenings!

So anyway the hotel....
The staff were ok, didnt really talk to them, except for the security guards at 4am! The food was ok, if you pay all inclusive you KNOW that you will be getting similar food the whole time you will be there!
The free booze was great.... the snacks around the pool were ok, pizza, chips, ice cream and a few other bits.... if you dont want to eat the same crap the whole week then dont go all inclusive, eat out in restuarants whilst your there!!!

This was the first all inclusive hotel i have been to, and it was great! the only reason we went all in, was cos it was cheaper to do so! the price of this hotel compared to the others was brilliant and i was very happy with the room, nice and big and clean! Nice pool view.

I have to agree with the others about the pools, they were quite small, and shallow, one is heated and the other one isn't. be careful around the pool, dont run or you will slip up as the floor is tiles, but there was a woman sweeping the water into the drain a lot of the time.

The beaches were pleasant but you have to go down the the harbour area of costa adeje, there was a nice bloke called steve selling various excursions, we went on a boat to see dolphins and whales (only saw dolphins) but we had paella on the boat and went for a swim in the sea!
Also we did a watersports deal through them, banana boat, parascending and jet ski for like €50 it was brilliant! jet skiing is the best!!

I would defiantly go back, but if your looking at staying at the hotel all the time, best to look at other hotels!

• Liked — the big apartment
  • Disliked — the cockroach!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.......... I read all these reviews but after I booked the hotel and I thought to myself "oh it cant be that bad".... but OH MY GOD it was!!!!!!

I returned from my holiday yesterday morning and it wasnt a minute too soon!!!! 2 days into my holiday I wanted to come home. There was me, my brother and my 2 children, 5 and 1!! I only booked this as the brochure mentioned kids this, kids that, kids this, kids that. So yeah I thought this will be fantastic for them........well yes I was sadly disappointed!! NOTHING at all for the children to do. Apart from go in the pool which opened at 9am after the miserable cleaners had finished cleaning the floors with dirty water!!!!!! We were here for a week and the only evening entertainment we got in the discoteque (in the same room as the restaurant) was a pre recorded CD and 1 night they had a few birds floating about for a hour!! 10pm - 11pm - BY this time most kids are shattered!!!!!!!!! I spent every night in the hotel room with my kids and watched tv, which if you wanted english channels you had to pay for!!!!!!!!! then the power kept cutting off and taking the money, the lights in the hallways stopped working. We had to get our lock on the door changed as it wouldnt lock!!

Cleaners did not clean the rooms every day... I had my little one who had diarrhea and the bins only got emptied every other day...so I ended up doing the rubbish myself or the room would have smelt like the sewers... we ended up with no sheets as the same child was also been sick... yes all over the sheets then i had to use towels.. and did they replace them??? NO

Staff were very very rude, just seemed like they didnt want to be there at all!!!!!! One night I was in the room with my sick child and asked my brother to bring some bottles of water up (seen as though we were A.I. I thought we'd get our monies worth) when he ordered his and my sons drink he then asked for the water...the barman would not serve him and said 2 drinks person... he said well there is 2 of us!! they said no no no come back when u finish!! so he did and they then said no no too late we close now ........and the time was 10.57pm!!! yes 3 minutes to go and he wouldnt serve him.... so he then had to go over to the supermarket and buy a big bottle!! EVER SO FRIENDLY THE STAFF!!! I think in total I had 3 runnings with the staff and my brother had 4 .. so yeh u can imagine how nice they all were!!!

and I see that no one has mentioned HOW DANGEROUS the pool area was..... It was all TILES!!.. yes thats right the whole area was tiled!!! the amount of times we saw kids to grown adults falling over!!! And the kids pool was very very small compared to the 2 large adult and older children pools!!! The kids pool could only seat about 10 - 12 sunbeds round it.............which was OK when we were there coz there were loads of kids in the pool and their parents or who ever were just sat down the bar area either getting drunk or catching the rays!!!!!!!!! while it was me that had to sit there constantly and not only watch my kids but everyone elses as well...in the end I ended up telling all the older kids that COULD swim to get in the big pool, coz there were little kids that were too scared to get!!!

The hotel was near a few bars and shops etc but once you have seen 1 you have seen them all!!!!!!!!

KIDS were extremely bored and so was I!!

Food was just OK nothing special... maybe some of it was but you didnt always know what you were eating coz they didnt label everything!!!!

Snack bar made everyone sick as they kept the meats out in the sun!!!

Twice the restaurant opened late, once at dinner and then at tea, BUT yes they shut bang on the times they should!!!!! HOW SELFISH!!! One tea time there was about 20 people all outside waiting for the evening meal and 20 minutes late they decide to open up and then the door was closed 5 minutes early.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!!! Really really disappointed.

This is my 4th time in Tenerife and it wont be my last but it will be for this Hotel... it needs knocking down or something.

• Liked — the VIEW of the pool and the sea!!!
  • Disliked — Everything else!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lanarkshire,Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

We have just returned from what had undoubtedly been our worst holiday to Tenerife!

I only wish that I had read all of the reviews posted here before we went.Then we would have been prepared.

On the plus side, we asked for a high floor with a sea view. This we got.Room 711 was a great size apartment with a super balcony. And as we had already been to this area in the past, we knew that the hotel was in an excellent location. End of positive points!

The food was bland and repetative to say the least. You cannot live on salad for 2 weeks.There rarely were signs to tell you what you were eating. On some occasions the food appeared to have been cooking for hours and was just plain inedible.During our stay, we probably ate about 5 meals in the hotel. We were booked A I.I have never saw as many people wearing A I wristbands coming into a hotel with carrier bags of food. I kid you not! Thank goodness for Chaplins Steak House across the road!

Our room, although large, was not cleaned to the normal standard at all. There were marks on the balcony floor for over a week! More often than not, housekeeping only appear to have come in to change the towels, or replenish the toilet roll. No complimentary toiletries either! The bin was emptied every other day.And we had to buy an electric fan. No AirCon Either.

The pool area wasn't the most welcoming, and on the occasion that we were there (26th September to 10th October),it was mostly occupied with loud screaming children, whose parents seemed happier sitting at the bar than supervising children. We have been on A I holidays before, but this one has put us off, if this is typical of the way that these holidays are going.
I wish now that we had returned to the Bouganville Playa. There, the meals are an absolute treat.!

So, if you are happy to stay at a hotel where the food is a non starter, where children are allowed to scream and shout around the pool, and where the staff in general, give the impression that it is a chore to work there, then by all means, you will enjoy your stay here.

We most definately did not!!

• Liked — Location in the resort, and size of accommodation.
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach? Share your experiences!